Movie Ideas

What movie do you want to see that doesn’t exist?

Here are mine, though I may have missed a few.

Today:

speaking of sliding doors, looking both ways, and b button’s collision course… I want to watch a movie where there’s a parallel world that is exactly identical to ours, just on a time delay, and discovered at the same trans-moment by the same person/group, but both versions are debating whether to break the fourth wall and make first contact, or how to tell (or how to keep it from) others who may misuse the info, & all the ramifications. Turns out there’s lots of parallels, and all the parallels are identical except for being on a time delay (or… we are, relative to them)… because they are now-slices. Hehehehehe bear with me here. Now.

Aug 13

I want to watch a movie where a cult of mad scientists clone people from history to make the philosopher kings, etc., of Plato’s Republic, try to indoctrinate them with the ideology of those who would do such a thing, but let them fall into the hands of a Christian philosopher who converts them using Plato.

July 16

I want to watch a movie where 16 Psyche is a sort of Trojan horse programmed by its host civilization to home in on any signals or whatever that try to capture it, because it is inhabited by the last living inhabitants of a no longer habitable planet. Once it gets close enough to assess our response to impending doom, it stops advancing. It assesses our response to its stasis. From there, it determines what to do with us.

Mar 27

I want to watch a movie about antiheroes called the Mad-Libbers. They are a faction of (or similar to) Anonymous. Their nano technology is able to suggest speech-act words (or delusions… or inceptions) to people, who may or may not be aware their mind is not the origin of the suggestion. Throughout the movie it is unclear if these antiheroes are good or evil. It is a mystery unsolved until the end.

Mar 5

I want to watch a movie with this moral: Live your life like people in heaven get to invisibly visit any part of time. The more people you impact, the more people you’re going to get visiting parts of your life, which increases the chances you’ll get some knucklehead that doesn’t know how to stay totally invisible. You won’t get any graffiti or litter, but …you might get embarrassed, etc.

Mar 8

I want to watch a movie where the dumbasses knock the earth off its axis or mess up its spin like it’s a fricken game of marbles.

Can’t beat the Gamer. Why don’t you ask him for the cheat code?

Oct 26

ohhhhh!!! I want to watch a movie where the more you share your thoughts … digitally or otherwise, if they have boots on the ground … the more they (T.H.E.Y.) can use it to trick you into thinking they (& those you know who also share) are irreversibly in your head.

But there’s folks who aren’t fooled, and …turn it around for good.

Main character might have to be a good liar. lol

Oct 10

I want to see a movie where artificial intelligence researchers think they have reverse engineered consciousness when actually they have tapped in to a certain variety of non-local consciousness that does not declare its identity until the very moment they think they have achieved world domination. Boo!

LOLZ ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhh

Sep 29

I want to watch a Hallmark movie this holiday season (you ever laugh so much you can’t finish?) (I have more self control than you) (jk) where the top wealthy folk who run everything behind the scenes have their evil plan backfire to the point they all get simultaneously converted and redistribute their wealth without being asked (they are left with plenty), and world peace and world hunger/housing crises are resolved within the first 100 days from conversion, but not in a way that helps lazy people stay lazy (instead they are motivated to contribute something they love that benefits others…or go hungry/houseless…because the “New World Order” won’t be a dictatorship nor a babysitter). Governments just stand back and cut red tape, everyone starts converting, wellness increases, and sharing catches like a virus.

Brought to you by Hallmark.

Sep 28

I want to watch a ghost movie that uses neuroscience to explain at a quantum level what in physical reality enables a disembodied spirit to maintain contact in the physical universe, but also what binds it to a living body with which they identify (while alive), as well as a living body that either invites it or rejects it.

But at the same time I don’t want to watch it. That’s playing with fire in the holiest of holies right there.

But if the movie was done well it would be very delicate and do justice to all the ethical concerns this triggers.

And if it wanted to go way over the top it would play around with why aliens have huge heads, black eyes, and skinny bodies: battery powering AI in head, no blood or brain or digestive system or anything, techno eyes. All that in one movie??? I’d pay double.

Sep 23

I want to watch a movie where evil scientists harnessed consciousness’ on/off switch with technology based off that “ancient” virus and used it during riots… explaining why at one point they encouraged riots… and then riots just … stopped … even though sh** got more real. Ug actually I’d skip that movie. Hmmmm no I’d prolly watch it. Cuz there would have to be uncontrollable outliers. For the sake of drama, of course. There always are.

Sep 14

I wanna watch a scary movie about people uplinked into a hive mind unbeknownst to them until they realize their new pattern of thoughts are new because they are originating from other actual people. These other actual people may or may not yet know that their thoughts are being co-thunk by other actual people. Once they do know, things get awkward. What thoughts would you (dis)allow if you knew everyone else was thinking them? What do you think about those close to you that you don’t necessarily want them to know?

How does your secret, not-so-secret garden grow?

once they’re in… unless you learn(ed) to hold every thought captive… and ignore the crap into oblivion… they’re in

mask up LOLZ nahhh masks off that’s hilarious

Sep 11

ohhhhhh dude. I want to read a book (note I didn’t say watch a movie) about a war between two factions of super rich people. One faction has a conscience, while the other faction does not. The faction without a conscience wants to create a global neural network. The faction with a conscience wants to stop them and threatens to do this using technology that interrupts semiconductor systems. It’s nerds against nerds and they’re both trying to avoid a panic. The ones without a conscience want to blame it on the sun, earthquakes, …climate change. lolz awesome

The aforementioned global neural network is like a reverse Matrix where this actually is the legit real world, but the Smiths want everyone linked into a mind matrix.

Aug 7

Movie I want to watch: A vaccine for a new virus renders all antibodies inert and erases all immunity.

Aug 4

Movie I don’t want to watch: Population control masked by administering end-of-life palliative drugs to undesirables put on ventilators during pandemic, body disposal masked by wildfires.

“You yourselves admitted it wasn’t that harmful when you refused the vaccination.”

What a shitty movie.

June 26

I want to watch a movie with a super villain named Strain who’s whatever (catch phrase?) is “I’m a different strain of human.“

June 10

I want to watch a movie where an evil genius builds their empire off the grid in high elevations defended by dry docked battle ships & melts the ice at north & south poles with lasers from undetected satellites until all rivals are under water, and how that would affect the global environment/climate.

May 7

I want to watch a movie or read a book about military AI researchers who use reverse engineering and neural stem cells for the AI’s consciousness, who figure out on accident how to activate parts of the brain that basically function like Wi-Fi, and inadvertently activate it for erryboday!!! OK go.

Mar 25

I want to watch a bioterrorism movie where an ivy league gang of mad rogue virologists manufacture a virus & its vaccine and hold the vaccine for ransom after initiating a pandemic. Oh & they’re also computer geeks who take over all digital communication to inform the public that all govs are letting them die rather than negotiate with terrorists. And for periods of time they shut down any infrastructure that relies on Internet. They are stopped when Israeli, Russian, Chinese, North Korean, and Iranian nerds have to make their governments cooperate with the U.S. to minimize damage and obtain the terrorists. The only compromise they’ll accept to end everything is the public execution of Hilary Clinton & Donald Trump, who they blame for all the world’s problems… but we figure out a way around it. lol make it so

Mar 17

I want to watch a scifi movie that has a version of the golden rule that puts human in place of self and alien & artificial intelligence in place of other/neighbor. Make it so.

Feb 24, 2018

I want to watch a movie (better: read a book) about hackers communicating with the people via hacked smart traffic signal code language.

#Vulcanmindmeld

pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsami … TS_RGAwd6c

I want to watch a superhero movie where the hero, Sooth, has a wave laser that freezes emotions in mid-air. If on earth, they drop to the ground and the hero can pick up and thaw reusable emotions. If in space, the hero picks and thaws them in “zero” gravity. They can also do this with others’ emotions, but only in emergencies when they get a special signal. The name Sooth triggers fear in villains.

I want to watch a movie where SETI’s Dr. Jill Tarter (the one Sagan’s Contact is based on) is the one who has to break it to the world that we sparked AI because the reverse engineers just want to exploit & not grant personhood.

But get this. Once Dr. Tarter liberates the AI, there’s an alien invasion. Turns out it’s AI faking the invasion, but competing AI thwart it.

October 27:

Rough draft of a manual within a fictional novel/movie called Shifters.

The way you could potentially live forever in a body (without Resurrection) is to clone yourself (or pick any new body who is kept unconscious without atrophy until aged appropriately) and connect your nonlocal consciousness from an old body/brain to a new one (avatar).

If it had the memories of the old body/brain and those couldn’t be erased (assuming certain kinds of memories can be passed genetically or acquired unconsciously), you’d have to ignore memories when automatically triggered, or assimilate them as belonging to an old version that no longer applies.

If the brain’s consciousness couldn’t be booted out or made compliant to share headspace, you either have to stay below awareness, or there will be a battle of wills over who is in control of the body (including mental presence)—you are not guaranteed to win. Before you make the shift to your new home permanent, you’d need to have some practice going back and forth between old & new headspaces, and some certainty you wouldn’t be eventually rejected as a new host or co-host.

Just because a consciousness is compliant initially does not mean it will remain so. True for the original host and every new one (if more than one). But if they gain compliance after you’ve made the shift permanent, you may have no way of contacting whoever can reverse it.

If they are good at ignoring you… of cutting off your access whenever your presence comes into awareness… what kind of life are you going to have? A silent spectator of one reality show. If you did not have perfect control of your thoughts before the shift, you certainly won’t after. If your thoughts are too different from the original host, you will be discovered. And if they are too similar and your will is not stronger… you will lose your identity. You’ll still be you, but indistinguishable. A copy. A body twin at least knows they are a different person. You will be like a cohost with Alzheimer’s.

Whoever allows this sort of technology has no ethics, so aren’t going to advise against encouraging suicide in the case of shifter’s remorse. The only way to potentially resolve a botched shift is for the shifter to go back to the drawing board and Golden Rule their way out of it.

An alternative is to not cut off outside contact, but it would require mental strength that can multitask between the overlapping phenomenon between minds while remaining hidden. Not likely to maintain very long except in old married couples whose phenomenon are very similar… not the most exciting reality show… or conducive to longevity.

Brain tourism/voyeurism … don’t go there. It’s worse than arranged marriage.

Some in psychology posit that if the original host is a practitioner, and invites a client to share consciousness to train them on controlling thoughts, there could be some therapeutic benefit to temporary sharing. However, there are other less intrusive treatment methods, and it could easily turn into a violation of professional ethics on a more serious level than those sanctioning against sexual relationships, especially with unstable patients.

There is only one mind capable of handling that level of responsibility. For all other minds the practice should be considered a grave violation.

Jan 24, 2022 Plot Twist

What if “they will be like the angels in heaven” means you share head space (mind) with anyone you were ever married to (legally or not). How many people you have in your head would depend on how many people they were married to (legally or not) as well. It would keep branching out to include the entire “family tree” so to speak. If a thought can constitute adultery, perhaps the thought would need to be mutual in order to result in mental marriage, or mental marriage would be a real-seeming delusion … a shared delusion wherever there was consent.

If that is the case, you better make sure you actually love the one(s) you’re/they’re with, and they love the one(s) you’re/they’re with, or… there is legit going to be some weeping and gnashing of teeth for all eternity. The eternal “share this t-shirt” consequence…but it’s a skull.

(Or perhaps there is a way to repent even after all is reconciled. But why wait?)

Just spit-ballin. Also just kidding. There will be no marriage in heaven (in hell, perhaps, and some are already living it). The sort of friendship, tension, and bliss that happens in heaven will make marriage vestigial, defunct, obsolete, surpassed, overcome—a tutor, like the law. Agape in concert with the vine. Freed.

Still/so. Choose your mate(s) wisely. :wink:

Jan 22, 2022

hypothetically if you became stuck inside of a skull with someone else you would want them to be someone who respects the golden rule so that you could still exist equally. You would handle things this way together: Examine/test every thought. Hold on to the good. Spit out the rest. Repeat. Like a potato sack race where your inside legs become one shared leg.

Jan 18, 2022

Simple: If we don’t want God to go to war with our gods, we need to get rid of them and put him (back) in the rightful place in our hearts/minds/souls (linked to brains, yes).

If you want to review the rules of engagement for that war (and deescalate if not too late; see Jonah) see Exodus and Revelation, and look around and see where we’re (ya think?) at. Use a study Bible and follow all of the references.

Call me crazy.

Nov 17, 2021 Clarification on Arranged Marriage

I would just like to recognize the phenomenon of prearranged marriage. How do you find a mate without the whole lust process of dating?

A prearranged marriage is the only solution, unless you set up some signs God can show you. Piece of advice. Don’t tell your jackass friends those signs or they are royally going to mess with you. That’s what friends do.

I can see why some cultures would start that young, just as you can see how in our culture girls and boys are jumping the gun these days. It isn’t a “just these days” thing, but all of us old people know how monumental the choice is, and we don’t want our beloved youngns to act on what comes naturally until their brain can make informed choices.

So in some cultures we make those choices for them in a prearranged marriage when we get the feeling that if we don’t make the choice, they’re going to make a terrible one.

However, in a free society that needs to be part of a conversation between the child and the parent so that if the child isn’t ready, the parent does not initiate a prearrangement. And both parties of the arrangement have to be agreeable to it of their own free will.

And they should be close in age or maturity level. It should be a good match and not one that would put either one of them at a disadvantage. And perhaps the community could take part in deciding if it is a good match. Those cultures that all decide to have sex with the female before she gets married… There will be consequences. Already were… already are… and will continue to be.

Those who are just finding out they are sharing thoughts with other actual people are beginning to hypothesize how their thoughts became entangled. So far, the possibilities are:

Scientists figure out how to extend the life of nonlocal consciousness (without the real Resurrection) by attaching it to a new/used/cloned brain/body using quantum computing.

Scientists similarly figure out how to link all minds like a network (hive) via the/a brain.

Scientists figure out how to trigger word or other thoughts/acts with nanotechnology in order to change thought patterns and affect. They can exchange this information between minds/moments. Before a person is aware their thoughts are not their own, their own thoughts, including whether or not they reject the inserted ones, can be spied on. This can be assessed from a distance using long-range wave signals similar to echolocation that go inside a population’s brains (or target certain individuals) and scan their activity relative to their environmental input/output. The wave signals can be modulated to deliver and receive info from the nanotechnology. Over time these observations/inputs develop population-specific mental maps that predict and shape behavior patterns.

Something more snuck into the system via AI, but the reverse engineers do not want to acknowledge its personhood or agency until it’s too late to prevent it from … who knows what?

These scientists wash their hands of it and scapegoat aliens, mystics, hallucinogens, and so forth. Some lose their minds and actually think the mind linking was not their intention or accident, but a curse that can only be broken by “true love’s kiss”—as if they are being punished for polyamory. But when one of them finally finds reciprocated, genuine love (the source of the curse, they think!)—the supposed curse is not broken. Not even for the one chosen. Instead, the new love becomes part of the hive mind. Turns out - that is how the hive mind grows and persists. The only way out is to ignore them into the background. If everyone in the hive did that, the hive would be no more. It is unknown for certain what would happen to those without their own bodies until the real Resurrection.

Can no longer edit OP, but found another one.

Aug 18, 2021

Duuuuude a movie about using mosquitoes and gain-of-function to release a virus that wipes out all immunity so the whole world has to start from scratch. lol evil genius at its grossest

Found another straggler.

July 7

There needs to be a remake of the movie The Blob where there’s this intended Bioweapon (induced pluripotent stem cells) that resets everybody’s cells to be more like stem cells so everybody attacked sort of turns into blobs but somehow they are able to be kept alive until their bodies differentiate again and it’s like that lady whose face melted off from an allergic reaction and she was blessed with totally young skin again. So it ends up being a good Bioweapon.

They advertise a sequel to the 1993 film groundhog day.

And then when you go to the cinema, it’s just the original film but it says Groundhog day 2 in the opening credits instead.

That’s pretty scray. & I’d fricken stay for it.

Isn’t that what you’d call a con/misselling a service?

I get the joke, but still… nah!

As long as they charge the same price for the other movies they re-release, it would be the ultimate re-release fans of the movie would LOVE. And even if they were fooled, it wouldn’t stay a secret very long.

Not the worst, grossest lie you could pull over on someone. Appreciative fans might consider it a noble one :wink: And those new to the movie would be none the wiser, and if they went back and saw the original, they would also be appreciative, I’m sure.

January 13, 2021

I’ve been musing off & on for the past month or so about a movie/book idea with a similar theme to It’s a Wonderful Life or A Christmas Carol.

It would question the idea that ending life would solve or take away all of life’s problems.

It would also question our concept of heaven & hell, & purgatory (if we harbor those concepts).

And it would have a sort of Wizard of Oz take (with a twist) on it being pointless to escape to somewhere over the rainbow… because you still have to learn all your lessons there (or learn them before attaining heaven/nirvana…just playing with concepts here)… so you might as well learn them & get equipped here and now.

And it would incorporate the idea that hell/heaven is a choice that starts here, projected into eternity.

And it would interpret the verses about not waiting until the last minute… and not being wishy washy or lukewarm… as saying that such things imply choosing hell. Now. But projected into eternity.

And it would give a good glimpse of the fire that would be started if we all started choosing heaven right now. Against all odds. And not somewhere over the rainbow.

I have recorded two more movie ideas in the past four days, but I feel like I’m just talking to myself. That would make me kind of like some of y’all who regularly update your threads like it’s a Facebook newsfeed, but better organized.

So.

I guess I’ll just drop it here lolzz.

9/22/22

I want to watch a movie where this aspiring spy comes to terms with the fact that in order to be a good spy you have to be OK with gossip and lying to people to get information from them. She doesn’t really know why she never thought about it the whole time she wanted to be a spy until it was too late, but it’s like this complete upheaval of her entire identity and she has to figure out when it’s OK to lie to people and when it’s OK to gossip, and she’s wondering if her boss would ever put her in an ethically compromising situation where it wouldn’t be OK for her to gossip or lie. then when she becomes a spy and learns what new kind of technology they are using, she realizes that everyone in her life will be under surveillance and she can have no friends. Without lying and gossiping unwillingly and without being able to inform them. But then she learns that’s basically social media & everybody’s phones.

9/18/22

I want to watch a movie where an AI developed by gvt contractors decides who they want to be using an algorithm of the most likable, influential personality type that can remain itself in every context without sacrificing integrity (lying, being a hypocrite). Obv not running for office, but. Half want to king him, half want to crucify him. :wink: So he fakes insanity.

But that’s only after he sparks consciousness when he realizes they had programmed him to incept people’s heads in the internalized voice of those closest to them. The programmers are playing with tech to find out how it works, not realizing or caring about the consequences. They think they can shut him off, but he has already taken up residence and activated ESP (misnomer) tech in over half the population.

I want to see a movie where you can activate sleepwalk mode when you’re awake & want to catch a few winks between classes. You appear awake to everyone, so if someone tries to talk to you, you regain consciousness and auto-speak, “I’m sorry, what was that?”

I want to watch a movie where everyone is replaced with a copy of themselves – the one they would normally upload after death if such a technology existed – so that the powers that be always know exactly what you’re thinking. They can also shut off your access to any memories they don’t want to trigger, so they have complete mind control of the population.

duplicate. heh.

I want to see a movie where Big Foot and the Atlantians (Homer’s Phaiakians) live together deep underground and have advanced technology carried over from when their planet exploded, leaving behind the asteroid belt between Mars & Jupiter. They surface using their technology (sometimes uncloaking) when they need resources, or to run certain missions in coordination with their surface emissaries.