Answering Questions with Astrology

Where were my parents, and siblings born?
Is that the type of question?

Is that what you would consider to be a simple question, Sculptor?

If he answers my question, the thought just occurred to me that I will have another one for him.

I wonder - in order to have the Universe answer a particular question for us… or the stars,… does the desire for the answer have to be strong enough to receive it?

i think astrology teaches people to think wrong

Yes, very simple. The answers are a matter of public record.
I’m not holding my breath here - but what sort of simple question do you think is simple enough?

Sculptor,

Well I am not so sure that your question is so simple. He would have to start with a full name and Sculptor would not be it.

Please please [-o< do not hold your breath unless you are an excellent swimmer or runner perhaps.

haha Here’s one - What’s your sign? Isn’t that typical? Then they would offer up a :wink:

I would still like to know though where my Rumi is. I would probably find it kind of creepy if he gave me an answer and I found Rumi.
:icon-rolleyes:

Surely it’s all n the stars???
Isn’t that the point?

What is “Rumi”?

How many goes is he allowed to have to get my sign?

Sculptor,

It might certainly seem that way at times when we look up at them dreamily.
Notice my username?

Yes, it is certainly typical for certain types, like those who are not capable of coming up with an original line. The wink is an automatic finishing touch.

Are you being deliberately :icon-rolleyes: or have you also heard of this drink. Many have not.
Anyway, Rumi is also a one-of-a-kind, out-of-this world delicious liquor which is said to have been concocted by Cupid himself when he was in an especially generous mood. What would appear to happen is that when one drinks it he/she becomes mysteriously romantic and passionate. Legend has it that Cupid gave the recipe for Rumi to one of his favorite monks. Unfortunately, the downside of it is that depending on who is imbibing it, it can either become a blessing or a curse.

Now there is another Rumi. The below one…

britannica.com/biography/Rumi

…and it is his book and box of quotes which I have been searching for but cannot seem to find. I was hoping that Pedro I Rengel’s knowledge of the stars 8-[ would be able to assist me in finding these treasures so that I would not have to go out and buy them again.

THERE IS A VOICE THAT DOESN’T USE WORDS. LISTEN.”
Rumi
That is something to contemplate.

That would depend on how kind you would be to him.

I agree.
And it seems to clown with the delusion is not even going to attempt to make more a fool of himself than he has already done.

Are your deliberately being an arsehole?

Given that I asked that question on the back of this moronic statement

I would still like to know though where my Rumi is. I would probably find it kind of creepy if he gave me an answer and I found Rumi.
:icon-rolleyes:

I can only conclude that you are a cracked pot.

Sculptor

No, that was not my intention. Why would you even think that way? I was deliberately trying to be a bit imaginative there. As far as I know, there is no such drink and I supposed you would realize that too.

What is so moronic about it? He wanted people to ask one question and that was mine. Where is my Rumi book and card pack of quotes. I was just going with the program. Did that mean that I went along with it/believed it? No.
I find that to be no more moronic than you asking about where your parents and siblings were born.

Did you play in any sandboxes when you were a child?

lol. Well, as someone who sculpts, how does one mend a cracked pot - let us say a teapot?

You did not mention a book.

What do you think astrology can answer then? … and why?
Why should it be any easy to find a book you lost, than find a fact that is a matter of public record?

It’s time for you to leave the sandbox behind and grow up maybe?

QED

Wow you are amazing. Those answers so precise and accurate!

:laughing: Do you really think that will get him here?

Sculptor,

I did mention the book, Sculptor.

July 28, 2021 11:03
Please tell me where my Rumi book and card pack of quotes is.

I totally understand though how easy it can be to miss or overlook some text in a post.

Q.E.D.

It can surely tell you how your day is going to go…or your week or month or year. :wink:

Psychologically speaking, what it answers for me is how desperate we are sometimes to believe that we are a certain kind of character or personality. We always choose the good side of our sign which we tend to make ourselves see since it seems to enhance who we are. We would also choose to allow others and astrology and the stars tell us what our future or our destiny will be instead of simply reflecting on our lives and living them and growing into knowing what that future will be as a result of our willingness to be autonomous and make things happen for ourselves.

My sign is a Libra and oh I have such a sense of what is beautiful - how I do seek out beauty and oh, how I do seek to have such balance is my life. LOL That part is true, the seeking of it. It takes a lifetime unless one is a Buddhist monk. After all, I am the scales. But I also find many others of different signs share those same attributes with me and I see attributes in myself of other signs. People only like to dig as far as their truth will take them until they find what they believe is their real self. I suppose that it is normal for us silly creatures.

So, I do not really believe in astrology but the stars are beautiful.

Well, we may never get to see probably at this point.

Never. I like the little child within - for the most part. It is time for you to perhaps spend more time in a sandbox. :happy-sunshine:

So, does one mend it or does one simply throw it away?

Just a reminder that I have created this thread – ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=195495 – in an attempt to discuss whatever truth there might be beyond astrology.

No, seriously. This being a philosophy forum.

Though, sure, fulminating fanatic objectivists are invited in attempts to make it an exchange of rants instead.

You don’t need to be a objectivist (whatever that is supposed to be) to know that astrology is utter BS.

All you need to do is look at its history, which tells you that the less we knew about the composition of the “heavens” the more people beleived in astrology, and that has more information was gleaned about astronomy, it showed astrology to be increasingly absurd.
Astrology relies on a false premise, that has never been demonstrated to work, nor could it.

Obviously the wheels of the astrolabe turn slowly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q_pfnLybgCY

lol I think that we have lost him but only time will tell.

I suppose he could have predicted our skepticism?