Do you love philosophy? well... do ya ;o)

Liked. & kept liking. Or laugh-reacting.

I do. I really really do. I was born to .

Jus’ sayn’.

P.s. Google or fb search Shanghai lockdown.

It’s interesting that we were born to want/become More, but it wouldn’t surprise a butterfly.

Say away, say away… as opposed to sail(ing) away, sail(ing) away…
On the high seas of reason… as opposed to treason…
With outfits galore… for every passing season…
For if One is going to reason… at least it should be done in style…

_
When my prose is wasted on the forlorn, I go it alone.

Say away, say away… as opposed to sail(ing) away, sail(ing) away…
On the high seas of reason… as opposed to treason…
With outfits galore… for every passing season…
For if One is going to reason… at least it should be done in style.

Ichthus77

There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.
Buckminster Fuller

Pondering Fuller’s words above, I would say that they must give us hope. We are definitely a process that is never complete unless we choose it that way. Do we want to become a butterfly and flap our wings and fly or do we want forever to be a caterpillar which cannot see ahead and stump our growth?

I love philosophy though I am not really one. But I love searching for the truth of things and the mystery of them and questioning that - I think.

If I need to see ahead, the perfect one will show me. If I need to remember, the perfect one reminds me. If I need to see more (or LESS) than I see IN THE ROOM, the perfect one shows/hides.

All else is emptiness… a chasing after wind.

FAITH!

All I can say about the above, aside from that, is that it gave me the chills when I read it and that, I think, says it all. :sad-teareye:

Thank you.

Trust. And not blind.

It still kind of reminds me of my experience of faith…it doesn’t have to necessarily be spiritual (as in God-like) in nature but “having been there” before can be there again.

I don’t understand. Can you maybe rephrase it?

Do you mean you keep coming back to it… like a homing pigeon… you remain true to it? You hold to it, keep holding, don’t let it go… remember it. Honor it.

Yes. Even if you can’t remember the names. It still feels the same, even if there’s new stuff you didn’t see before…

…to fall in love with over & over again.

I love what you wrote above and it does hold true in a certain sense, especially about those things which are so beautiful and meaningful in the Universe to us. There, I am the homing pigeon.

Google - the dictionary defines faith as complete trust or confidence in someone or something. I can see how closely related faith and trust are - like kissing cousins.
You may not understand this - it is not so much that I myself am the homing pigeon in this regard - but that the homing pigeon returns to me. #-o

I do not wish to muddy the waters here but the book of Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV) may speak to it.
Words are sometimes inadequate to express “where we are” “how we see things” and I love words.

Does someone remain true to you, but you don’t return it? Reminds me of another thread where I mentioned God remains faithful (true to himself) even if we don’t (2 Tim 2:13). Legit love doesn’t depend on what anyone else is doing. But he’s not going to force us to accept him…he will disown us if that’s what we want (2 Tim 2:12). Still — you can’t earn what is immovable… you just accept it, or not.

I remember back when this thread was written, 2011, and ILP had a far higher caliber than now.

Or maybe it’s just me?

I’m enjoying the many faces of yada, myself.

_
The many faces, of Fu Manchu…

Hi’yaaaaa!

So, the next question for me would be: How does one remain true to his/her self in that case?

How do you think that God goes about doing this: Keeping openness toward us and when we are ready - voila - like in the Prodigal son?

This is true and that is why for me Love is greater and stronger than fear.

How can He disown us and at the same remain faithful to us?

I do not quite understand you here. For example?

Oh I got all poetic.

I have to focus my energies on some papers until Friday. I have no self-control sometimes but I’ma try.