weird facts

Meaning yes, it refers to a dwelling, and quite possibly in a historic sense, as Germany had a tapestry of some 300 different little cultural realms, it did refer to a fairly substantial dwelling in the state where the name originated. Though the origins of the translation which I have from a reputable source, might be too obscure for google to produce it entirely correctly.
I did not lie. What is with everybody here.
Well,

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERtkpnXLrL4[/youtube]

No riddle
but I aint riding that fiddle.

_
Sanatan is the oldest religion in the world, not Hinduism: founded between 6,000 years to 8,000 years ago by various prophets (messangers of god) in present-day India and Pakistan while the roots date back to 7280 BC (about 10,000 years back).

“Similar to many Austrian family names, the distinguished surname Egger is a proud sign of a rich and ancient ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Austria were patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father’s given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother’s given name. Austrian and German patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The name Egger is derived from the Germanic given name Ogier or Edgar, which both combine elements meaning prosperity and spear.”

Maybe the name grew, to also include plush pads… a’la the prosperity connection? Who knows,.
_
On my mother’s French-Norman/Anglo side, her mother’s surname means sturdy… and she sure lived up to that name, I can tell you :neutral_face:
She was definitely from sturdy stock, and sturdy did she convey.

Beginning in the 30s the soviets started training German shepherds to be anti-tank weapons. First, the dogs were trained to deliver the explosive and then return to the trainer. The dog would pull with its teeth a harness release while underneath the tank, and then gtfo. This didnt work out well for several reasons, so they designed the harness to have a seven inch wooden lever mounted vertically above the dog. When he slid under the tank, the lever would be thrown and ka boom. Essentially the dogs became suicide bombers.

Other problems evolved as well. The obvious one being moving tanks, as opposed to stationary tanks. Another was the fact that german tanks used gasoline while soviet tanks used diesel. The dogs were trained with soviet tanks, so the different smell of the german tanks confused them.

All in all the program didnt work out, but there were a few notable instances and particular battles in which they performed very well.

(yo I’m like a scholar now on the Schäferhund. G’head, ax me anything.)

I wanna get a Czech working line german shepherd. The showlines have purposefully bred deformities into the original bloodline to change the shape (note the smaller haunches and sloping back) of the dog, and they dont tend to be as formidable in character as the working line dogs. Some of that breeding also made hip dysplasia more common among the resulting bloodlines. Also, the Czech german shepherds are the ones that look most like wolves.

Second choice is the saddle black and tan… the ‘classic’ shepherd that we always see. But no showlines. Man I had no idea about these differences and how they mattered.

youtu.be/_cSNWGmN1KI

Go to 1:49. A sire playing with his litter. This is so adorable I could just melt. See how he rolls into that submissive position for a split second as the puppies bombard him? That’s training, man. No I literally think dad is doing that on purpose to give the puppies a chance to experience that dominant position when pinning an opponent down. This is necessary to build their confidence… they have to know they are able to dominate in a fight like that… even if dad is faking it for them. They dont know that. They actually thought they took dad down. So adorable.

Another weird fact: one way to break an alpha male shepherd of his ‘attitude problem’, is to… check this shit out… ignore him when you enter the room.

How fucking interesting is that? The alpha’s confidence and sense of office depends on his being recognized and acknowledged by his inferiors. Ignore the fucker and he’s like ‘yo… what’s the deal man? I’m over here. You know, leader of the pack. Yoo-hoo… over here!’

_
Church records show the German Nazis melted down some 80,000 bells to make weapons or ammunition during WWII

Reclaimed church bells can only be returned on ‘permanent loan’ to its owner, as officially they are owned by the German Government

_
I recently read, that the temperature for weather-forecasting is taken in the shade…

Which is why it feels hotter when in the sun… I always wondered why that was, and now I know.

When you mix a drug like coke/amp with opiates, they don’t cancel each other out because one is a stimulant and the other is a depressant like you’d think they would do. This is because each of them have two effect profiles: central nervous system effects, and peripheral nervous system effects. The central nervous system effects of BOTH amphetamines and opiates is euphoria, so that does not cancel out, it actually synergizes and intensifies. The peripheral nervous system effect of amphetamine is jitteriness and anxiety, you know, usually all the negatives of a drug are in its peripheral NS activity; while the PNS effects of opiates, unwanted, are things like somnolence, itching, nausea, reduced breathing: so the only thing the two drugs cancel out for each other are actually their unwanted effects, which is a good thing. They take away one another’s negatives and reinforce one another’s positives. That is the origin of the speedball. When you fill a needle with cocaine/amp and heroin and inject it all simultaneously.

Eating your boogers from your nose protects you from colds and flus.

It’s microscopic levels of what’s going around and acts just like a vaccine.

_
How do gorillas get so big without meat?

Gorillas don’t need to eat protein, because they grow their own protein in the bacteria that thrive inside of them. The gorilla consumes the vegetation to feed the bacterial colonies of their microbiome, and then absorbs the protein formed by the bacteria as they feast on the cellulose fibers of the vegetation .3 Jun 2020

__
What animal has 32 brains?

Leech

Leech has 32 brains. A leech’s internal structure is segregated into 32 separate segments, and each of these segments has its own brain. Leech is an annelid.

__
Which heartbeat is slowest?

the blue whale

The mammal which is presumed to have the slowest heartbeat of any warm-blooded animal is the blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus), with between 4-8 beats per minute.

__
What animal never dies?

jellyfish Turritopsis dohrnii

To date, there’s only one species that has been called ‘biologically immortal’: the jellyfish Turritopsis dohrnii. These small, transparent animals hang out in oceans around the world and can turn back time by reverting to an earlier stage of their life cycle.6 Sept 2018

__
Which animal has the strongest heart?

It’s estimated that the blue whale’s super-sized heart can pump around 58 gallons (220 litres) of blood around the body with each heart beat.

The palaeontological record is not capable of asserting such a statement since the quality of he evidence would prohibit such a statement.
Please cite!

Can you wait that long??
I still get one every morning

I beg to differ…

Urumph!
It is actually 24mph

saratoga.com/how-should-i-k … r%20second.

Only when they want to sound like horses.

Also The number of genes in all the microbes in one person’s microbiome is 200 times the number of genes in the human genome. The microbiome may weigh as much as five pounds.

I suppose if you could collect is you could make a good few meals from that 5lbs, but you would have trouble digesting it without your microbiome

I don’t think they really have “faces” as such. Our faces are a massively useful communication device, which is really late flowering in evolution. Maybe only mammals?

Nice.

Not if you follow KETO

But fewer than in Blackburn Lancashire

NON, it tastes of elderberrries and so does your grandmother.

Non.
Ta grand-mère aussi sent les baies de sureau