Pedro's Corner

No, after careful consideration, and having tried it and meditated on what a good trap song requires, I can’t be a trap rapper.

I am a big fan though.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mnzfqdFpL4[/youtube]

No you know what, on second thought, this isn’t 100% terrible.

That’s the problem with trying to record a song. After hearing the same beat 100 times, you hate it on principle.

When you write a line so sick you stop cold and are unable to keep writing.

I think there is a correlation between writing rap and playing chess.

At first, it is random stabs, finding all the thousand ways to get skewered in seconds.

Slowly, as some improvement happens, it becomes about narratives, constructs within which moves and lines are simple bricks, parts of a greater whole. Indeed, one tends to scowl at obsession over single lines, single moves, they are seen as cheap.

As one gets better and approaches the very lower rungs of expertise, it becomes more and more about individual moves, individual lines. One does not search for a good narrative, a good construct, but for a good move, a good line. The full chaotic scope of the enterprise is gleamed, and the power of a single move, a single line, always fortuitous, always provided and built up to only by successions of good moves, and good lines, but nowhere an actual frequency of quality, that is, always seeking a line or a move that will be disproportionately good, which can happen at any moment, any bar, becomes foremost in the mind. Narrative is a crutch, a mental anesthetic against the truth of the immensity of the actual task. The immensity, that is, if one seeks to become good.

Luck is probably not only part of one’s skill, but the centerpiece of the strategy of an expert. Fortune is not an eventuality, but the main feature.

What happens then is not narrative, but that magical feeling of coherence one gets when one sees a Magnus Carlsen game, or a Mike Tyson fight, or a RZA verse.

Maybe.

vocaroo.com/160joO1eYZfs

Beat by none other than Prince Jammy

Well, alright, this isn’t very fun anymore. Obviously, the reason I come back is that it reminds me of someone.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixqssrRLTvc[/youtube]

So, I suppose I will see you all again when that feeling overwhelms me once more.

Not for any particular goal, not for any particular purpose, just to be around.

Wtf you’re leaving again? Man I’m getting tired of posting this song every time you leave.

hey man you don’t have to leave just because this place reminds you of me. i’m right here buddy.

It does seem to take a lot of fun out of life when you realize the sad state of affairs and there is nothing you can do about it.

be the change you want to see in the world or something

You are not the reason I leave. You are the reason I come around in the first place.

Oh wait, it’s not you. It’s the most beautiful bitch the Earth ever spat out.

Sez you.

And I thought the hole drugs had left was gaping. This motherfucker is a chasm. Does knowing you exist make up for the pain of not having you? Yes.

_
Love will always find a way Perdro… to find it’s-self, and become someone’s reality.

That would require for it to be lost.

Well fuck it, I guess that post just wasn’t meant to be posted.

wait you don’t think im the most beautiful bitch the earth ever spit out? have you seen my pics?

…such an attention seeker, pft

:laughing:

I mean I’d tap it.

Let’s touch on a touchy subject.

Doesn’t it make the Civil Rights movement suspect, their motives suspect, that they simply didn’t use the constitution to pursue their legal agenda? The US constitution has all that shit, all men created equal and that, why didn’t they just use that? I understand that what they were trying to do was extremely tricky. That’s why nobody wants to question them, because it was one hell of a tricky fight. But… Well, unless their motives were different than stated, they may have won a battle just to lose the war. No?

The founding members of the United States were not perfect, and most of them had slaves. But they wrote it right there into the constitution. In very short, clear language. So why a whole fucking bible of convoluted laws to say the same thing?

All (well, “all”) they would have had to do is establish that segregation policies were and had been enacted in violation of the constitution. The constitution governs all states, so “state’s rights” would not have been a viable defense. States don’t have the right to break constitutional law.

And there is one objection that often comes up, which is that common law had previously established that the constitution didn’t really say what it said. But this is a Gothic confusion. Goths have the legal tradition of common law, which governs pretty much everything by default. In England, it is pretty much the only law. But the basis for the constitution, for a constitution, any constitution, is not common law. It’s Roman law. Roman law is a very different animal. It does not rely on the decisions of previous judges to establish laws, but on written codes. It is implicit in Roman law that a judge can fuck up and make a wrong decision, and that is why codifying law in the first place. So, the US has a combination of both, because it still operates with common law, but the constitution is Roman law, it precedes any common law, any previous decisions. For Roman law, which is what the constitution is, all you have to do is prove an action goes against the written law, the code, and that’s a crime. They could have ruled a thousand times before that a certain type of action does not violate it, but that has no incidence on a new case where it is claimed that that very type of action violates it. You are not suing on the basis of previous decisions, on common law, but on the basis of a written code.

Now, it is understandable that most people, specially people that are part of a culture that only has a tradition of common law and in a place where, confusingly, both Roman and common law are used would not understand this, but these dudes were lawyers. Supposedly, super-star lawyers. Now, again, I don’t mean to gloss over the fact that it was a very tricky thing to do. I don’t mean to quarterback a finished game. But not looking at it would be like not to look at slavery because the founding members had slaves and they were obviously (and they were) super radical dudes, who did something extremely tricky.

This subject is so very touchy that even William F Buckley Jr eventually went “fuck it, same difference, the results are what matter.”

i wish i had read those
before they got deleted