Pedro's Corner

Reminds me of something I think Malbus wrote a while back… the TAGA days… two lines/thoughts stand out… why tear down walls we fought wars to rebuild… and something about a seed he had planted and … something about waiting … like it was only a matter of time before it would grow, etc.

The guy who wrote Narnia said something which is pretty much the Catholic perspective: that if you take divinity away from the New Testament, it is simply the ramblings of a madman. The Catholic perspective has always been this, and that the Old Testament does speak for itself with incredible wisdom. In fact, the dissonance between the awesomeness of the Old Testament and the flaccidness of the New Testament has always been part of the joy of Catholicism. Even though it is flaccid and dissonant, it is submitted to because it is the will of the God of the Old Testament. For a Jew, this would be impossible, because the idiocy is too bare. But for a Roman, the glue of Zeus holds the two together. There is already a slight dissonance, if a dissonance between two great and wise powers, to begin with. A Roman can appeal to a power beyond the Tradition of the Old Testament, and more, the Old Testament and the tradition it comes from is only an illumination of Zeus rather than a source for knowledge of Him. For a Jew, if you contradict the source, you are walking into mistake. For a Roman, they are simply two separate expressions of a single coherent thing.

The caprice of such a flaccid and dissonant expression of God’s power is a joy for the Catholic because, as Nietzsche said, the true source of God is the person. It is a discussion on a power that one has, that is within one. The joy of discovery of one’s own power. And the caprice of it is what makes it joyful. But because it is so very flaccid and dissonant, eventually a true religious person will require for there to be actual truth behind it, otherwise it is simply power spinning its wheels. The expression of the power within one’s self which is God is not there to be wasted, the caprice is only joyful if it is an expression of real power. The Catholic must, eventually, relinquish the New Testament.

Which is wild because what Goths did was the exact opposite. Drop everything else and keep the flaccid New Testament. This is the same source of communism and nazism and fascism as well. That which is flaccid, protecting itself against anything beautiful and strong, the obliteration in one’s self of anything beautiful or strong.

Fun fact. The first Bishop of Athens got his name from Dionysus.

anyways, the old and New Testament are of the same God. Jesus said that the command he gave and demonstrated in his own blood is the sum of the law and the prophets. The apocalyptic stuff in the New Testament is like insanely worse than anything you can find in the Old Testament. Might want to check your sources.

The greater the heights of love, the further one will go to protect the sheep. Wouldn’t want to mess with that shepherd.

Bored as shit.

Pass

Yes. Bored AF is the correct link here, for those who mess with that shepherd. He knows how to turn wolf to sheep dog, snappity snaps.

_
When I’m bored, I either inadvertently find something to occupy myself with… or fall asleep. :laughing:

Nothing to do, around your way?

Who, me? I haven’t been bored since… erm.

I don’t recall.

_
You do like putting yourself in the middle of my [obvious] replies to others, don’t you.

my bad

It’s a privilege really. I might be willing to spill considerable amounts of blood for it.

Lol!

Boredom… being a luxury? …like art, crochet, knitting, and all other such time-consuming pastimes that the ill-afforded can ill-afford.

I’ve filled my month up with Yuletide engagements… Christmas, being filled, with the most abundant of all the best memories all rolled into one.

Mercury retrograde coming Mags, watch yourself out there. Dec 29 to Jan 18. Allow a week before and after at least for some fuckyness. And observe the dates for the actual retrograde to the day (29 to 18).

_
For Pedro… :smiley:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBsPE6yHH9c[/youtube]

…date’s in the e-cal, thanks… :wink:

When people think that such things aren’t real, but some of us can sense it as it begins to approach… which is what separates Us from Them, but I’m not sure who Us or Them are:-s

Are you serious?
#-o

…it was part of the school curriculum in my Primary and Secondary schools, as part of Science/Cosmology/Astronomy… ergo, Astrology.

Mount Olympus… the Gods, the myths, the legends… also all taught in class.

Be learn-ed, my friend.

You believe stars thousands of lightyears away affect you more than the un, or the earth?

You can think of no other reason why these personality patterns emerge based on seasons and geography?

more than?

…please clarify your position, for I do not wholly understand it.

The belief that star magnetic fields or energies, affect an individual’s development more than the earth’s magnetic field, its tilt relative to the sun, the sun itself, is how those untalented in empathy use charlatans to compensate.

If star arrangements are so influential then why didn’t life evolve along astrological lines, and we don’t have a Gemini species, or a species of Pisces, or a species of Capricorns?

Genetics is the primary degeminating factor of personality - social, collective, beliefs the determinator of character.
Organ arrangements and strengths manifest psychology.

But humans do not fully develop in utero like other species. Human complete their development ex utero, so environment can be a factor here.
When an individuals born determines what kind of weather it will be affected by; earth’s position relative to the sun, primarily, and then the other planets in the solar system, secondary, and then, as a tertiary factor the galactic configuration, affect development of inherited potentials and social norms and collective convictions.

The idea of being “more careful” because Gemini is entering whatever bullshyte you people believe in, and that this is par to how you determine your day’s events, is superstition.
Superstitions used by charlatans to exploit human insecurities.
Gypsies and Jews peddle superstitions like champs - both have similar survival strategies - both are salesmen, rarely earning a living directly through nature; both are found across the world, distinguishing themselves through dress and lifestyle, refusing to assimilate in the host culture they feed on; both heavy in the paranormal Magian bullshyte, e.g., astrology alchemy, palm reading.

Exploiting the vulnerable and needy with semiotics.