If You Had A School, How Would You Run It?

Aptitude as in appreciation, ability, or only the combination?

ability would nice, but appreciation for while until it was determined what that ability is.

I for example, was terrible at math. It was waste of time to teach me beyond basic math, when I could have taken extra English classes.

How about just any school where you are taught the value of critical thinking?

Most schools are set up to babysit, teaching students to accept how society is (be civil) while encouraging mostly creative thought.

Most test are memory games, trivia based, recitals. Much of that is forgotten after the test is done.

Hating is easy.

What would your school look like?

I feel like you are actually asking me about floor plans and shit. Like, will it have a roof on it?

Like I said, you got the students, there are no education laws. What is your next move?

You’d have to convince others of any plans. You can’t implement anything alone.

And you hated on my idea, so I guess it is easy.

The parents have complete trust in you.

My two suggestions are radical enough, that it would take many people to agree to teach that way.

1. taught subjects by ability or appreciation only

2. promote critical thinking

…and they get to wear hats.

Then it will get off the ground, fuck!

What will?

The hypothetical school that is bound by no rules, only my fantastic imagination.

Hats for everyone!

You haven’t come up with one.

I kinda did.

“I would make it so that kids learn shit!”

That’s not a school. That’s a drunk guy at a bar.

Okay, the school is up and running. By you.

Now, in regard to a particular subject matter, what would be taught?

I sorta of answered the way in which the students would be taught, but apparently it didn’t qualify as school building. This guy pedro wants a brick count.

next…

I will take a burger and some fries.

In other words, don’t try to pin his own “general description intellectual contraption” regarding the school that he would run down to any actual curriculum. Let alone what constitutes the right way to run it in regard to, say, the philosophy department. Teaching the art of “critical thinking” in regard to, say, this: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=196717