If You Had A School, How Would You Run It?

You have 100 students for each level, for whichever levels you choose. A minimum of 1000 students are guaranteed to you, though you don’t have to accept them all. The parents have complete trust in you, you will not be burdened with education laws.

What does your school look like?

youtu.be/_kniQrk9jw0

My school would be exclusively private. As it looks at the moment, the state only causes damage.

Relocate to Florida or Texas - at a distance burnishing a mask, a whip, and a gun - fully supporting free speech (but having to expel anyone even slightly inferring the wrong ideas by action or utterance).

Isn’t that the American way? :smiley:

A private school in which the first year classes(ages 11-17) would help build their physical school campus through democratic means combining research design, functionality, cost, location, amenities, blueprints, contractors, students literally building the buildings themselves taking every detail into account. While the physical school structures were being built, all learning would be hands on activities with real life obstacles, for several months of each eight month school year, international traveling would occur to “be there” where history was made and experience other cultures first hand, applied critical thinking and problem solving challenges producing inventions, writing books, creating art with both form and function would be required during a typical term. The school’s motto would be to promote perseverance and forthright adaptation through all of life’s endeavors, progress in which one could be proud. Computer programming, scientific methods, maths, reading comprehension, classical arts, and the martial arts would be the main curriculum with elective opportunities available as well.

(Envisioning this has been fun but what a biotch to type on a phone.)

I guess it will come about that machines will be the teachers, that machines will teach people.

I honestly wonder how some students would turn out if they were allowed to specialize in subjects they show aptitude for, dismissing the rest. The anti-well rounded student.

My school would allow students to focus on what they have an interest in. Since most things are forgotten if there is little interest.

They would also be allowed to wear hats!

OK, but how would you design a school to that effect?

test them to find placement then put them in a room

No offense but I’m pretty sure your project would never get off the ground.

good.

next…

I can easily envision that. They are going to extremes to make androids appear as scholarly, pretty, and kind shellas.

Yes, next…thought challenge, next dream! Assignment?

Aptitude as in appreciation, ability, or only the combination?

ability would nice, but appreciation for while until it was determined what that ability is.

I for example, was terrible at math. It was waste of time to teach me beyond basic math, when I could have taken extra English classes.

How about just any school where you are taught the value of critical thinking?

Most schools are set up to babysit, teaching students to accept how society is (be civil) while encouraging mostly creative thought.

Most test are memory games, trivia based, recitals. Much of that is forgotten after the test is done.

Hating is easy.

What would your school look like?

I feel like you are actually asking me about floor plans and shit. Like, will it have a roof on it?

Like I said, you got the students, there are no education laws. What is your next move?