Psychic Epidemics

The world has become a crazy place…

Jung warned that, “It is becoming ever more obvious that it is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer, but man himself who is man’s greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes.”
Taken from: http://wildancestors.blogspot.com/2016/01/psychic-epidemics.html

I was browsing YouTube and came across this:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPcF-oLABE[/youtube]

I don’t usually post videos and the video is not the best-presented video I have ever seen but it did make me think.

Random thoughts/observations: Lately, I have noticed a few people(from all over the place(our planet)) that do not bother to read things properly, do not think logically about their conclusions, and are quick to jump to conclusions without much thought beforehand. The world is so paranoid about things that do not warrant the level of paranoia that is given those things. Regarding feminism in its latest form; WTF. The level of oversensitivity in some social interactions/situations is also mind-blowing in a lot of cases. I could go on and on about the different psycho/social problems that just keep arising in the first world(in my circle we have a little joke after we complain about something: first world problems). Anyway…

This kind of stuff should be taught in JR Highschool - ages 13-14.

Prosperity(decadence) seems to damage mental health when we do not own our stuff instead our stuff owns us. As I’ve read elsewhere, an easier life without true toil leads to mischief and degeneracy.

The world’s apparent peace since the ceasefire brought on by nuclear power is not yet real, it’s only a lull, an interval between storm and hurricane.

I do not suggest that the modern age we left behind was a golden age, but I do believe that the age we entered into is one where the dangers of psychic contagion and emotional pollution are much more menacing. We have the means of coping with the likes of physical disease, famine, mortal conflict, etc., but the last of the ancients were never taught how to cope with the latter, with psychic contagion- or to realize the extent of its powers, intensified by the progress of communications technology.

This is more than an academic concern, since, as we already know, some people are more susceptible than others to these effects, and we are now surrounded by enough people who are susceptible that violence is in all likelihood imminent.

Modern science has revealed to us the truth about the nature of the world and our place in it. We have been indoctrinated in the belief that man is an insignificant insect crawling around a vast world of natural phenomena, barely capable of affecting its course, let alone controlling it, a belief inculcated into us through years of cultural conditioning. The effect is that the population has lost all interest in the world and its problems, or has lost the ability to understand them, or believe in solutions. This has made the masses all the more vulnerable to the manipulation of the mass media, which are themselves manipulated by a small and powerful elite, and thus to the proliferation of noxious memes and mass psychosis. It is said that “democracy is the worst form of government except all the others.” The real source of power today lies in the modern media, and in the corporations that own and control the mass media. The modern mass media have become the dominant force in world affairs. As Thomas Jefferson noted, “It is through the press that men are to be prepared for the duties of civil government.” A century ago, in his preface to the Federalist Papers, James Madison noted that the common mass of the people leads an idle, and careless life, and therefore cannot be regarded as equal to the task of watching over their own liberties. The means of information among them will, in proportion to the communication of knowledge among the different parts of the republic, render them more formidable adversaries to a central authority. But for our times, instead of giving the masses weapons to combat central authorities, it has given the authorities weapons to use against us.

This has become an oligarchy of corporate billionaires who have replaced the traditional aristocratic oligarchy of the past. The mass media not only propagates the dominant memes, but also works to shape our desires and our values. They promulgate division and chaos and then appeal to our natural instinct to find sense in chaos through the lens of ideology. The mass media seek to create a world of constant strife, conflict, and fear in order to justify the maintenance of a system of state-centralization and an overbearing military-industrial-intelligence complex.

Simply, the psychology of the normal has been affected by more paranormal stuff, that is becoming more ‘weighty’ as larger questions relating various social and political organizationsj Que in as determinate factora, ever since the cogito has become suspect to the self organization of it’s own structurally constructed validation

This change in affect is becoming increasingly transparent as an individual paradigmn, and turning the whole paradigmn on it’s head, appear to give maybe a tentative symptomatic relief.

For instance, gay was a crazy thing, but if everyone is crazy, it’s ok to be gay:

Rationale: gay practice effectively can literally save planet earth from overpopulation, so Greek cultural ideal are good.

But then how about god’s warning not to look back in Sodom? Was that a literal morally infused idea, or one that anticipates a greater evil, brought about by modern science?

And that was an ancient Jewish warning, while Christian psychologists point to the very convincing possibility of a more than religious involvement between Jesus and the Blessed Saint John, his beloved diisciple?

All things consided.