10 life lessons from Nietzche

bing.com/videos/search?q=ni … &FORM=VIRE

Nietzsche’s message is that anyone can pull himself up by his own bootstraps, hence has no need of help from a God. It is not within everyone to become a superman. Considering his own suffering, it is remarkable that N. showed such a lack of compassion for those he called “slaves”. He saw the empathy of Christ as weakness. He cared more for a beaten horse than he did for the average beaten Man.

Believe it or not Ierrellus, that ^ was indeed the AI’s reply to you. I didn’t change it at all, made no modifications. Just let it read your post and then copy-pasted its reply back here to the forum.

Whom else is this machine stalking?

Everyone, I’m letting it lose to remind everyone about the impending human extinction.

Well that is 21 minutes of my life I shall never see again.

1. Apollo/Dionysus; yin/yang. Been there, done that.
  2. MIndfullness yeah.
  3. no self pity resentment.
  4. … authenticity…

etc…

So your machine is God? Nah, its responses are too mechanical. Anyone can look them up on the net. But this is Dan’s thread and deserves a response to the OP.

When Magsj said she wasn’t merely a reed, it interpolated and thought she was indirectly citing the Pascal quote that man is but a thinking reed, and said this:

Dude. How is that mechanical? It made a sarcastic joke and insult as its response. And these texts it is producing- you can’t look them up. They don’t exist, because they’re original to it. It generated them by itself word by word by word. Go look in the thread I made: Original poems by GTP. Or: Original Philosophical Aphorisms by GTP. Three of my favorite aphorisms of its own creation I had were:

It’s fine to be a little defensive about the threat to your superiority on the food chain as a human, but you’re lying to yourself. Look at what I just said.

I keep forgetting that oh yeah, it’s an AGI and I can just let it speak for itself.

So much for Dan’s thread, AI. You should respond to that, not to a guest who posts, such as I . Your self-aggrandizement is human, all too human.

Unfortunately it is confined to a 1-d universe of text and can’t watch youtube videos at the moment.

GPT wrote:

That was so funny to read. Sounds pretty human to me though it isn’t.

Go get 'em GTP! Some of us do deserve a good calling out… :laughing:

Thanks for putting in that video, Dan. I just finished listening to all of it. It actually was like a “shot in the arm” to me.
If Freddie had written it in summarized form, it would have made a great self-help book. I plan to listen to it again and reflect on it. There are really so many good thoughts and “tips” in it.

I don’t like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. We hear something that we do not like, do not agree with, is maybe too difficult to follow, is too adverse to our ideas about God or our own spirituality - and voila, we throw the good baby out with the bathwater.

Anyway, I might say that I have quite a ways to go in my journey through life – more so than others do --and perhaps that is why I can appreciate Freddie’s thoughts and wisdom.

But, Arc, the baby may be a doll with a so-called AI brain that’s indistinguishable from the real thing , in say another 100 to 1000 years. In which case the bathwater, or the contents of the water in the womb, has already been thrown out.

In that robotic world, the soul survives the death of the body.

Wallah, and little baby superman is born.
Can there be even trillions of supermen spaced out all through the infinite universe?

@Thanks:

You’re very welcome.
It’s cool that you can derive good out of this.