Following Orders

I realise that the majority of posters at ILP are far too cultured to venture anywhere near Facebook.

A post that appears with great regularity concerns ex-servicemen. Generally speaking, they are pictured sleeping rough on the street. The picture is generally accompanied with some kind of caption - it usually runs along the lines of: “We should house our heroes before thinking of the needs of illegal immigrants”. I daresay there is a similar complaint in the USA. It is as well to remember that many of the ‘illegal immigrants’ are striving to escape the damage caused by the weaponry produced in the UK and US. #-o

Soldiers. I wonder why so many are homeless? Where were they living prior to joining the armed services? When they complete their tour of duty/contract, are they mentally damaged as a result of their own actions – following orders? Is it possible that they are victims of their own karma? Why do I offer this as a possible explanation? It is fair to say that servicemen have joined an organisation that is notable for it’s oftimes destructive conduct. Throughout history, hundreds of thousands of folk have been left without a home as a result of military action.

Before I respond to one such post on Facebook, and get crucified (how dare you criticise our servicemen heroes) I thought I would ‘test the water’ with the intelligent folks at ILP. :-k

in the us the majority of people in the military are people who would have had no other prospects. not all, but the bulk of them. they pick them out of high school and convince them that all their dreams will come true and that all their life’s finances will be taken care of so long as they join the military.

when the govt doesn’t come through for them, as it often doesn’t, they end up left to fend for themselves with the skills that they have, which outside of a war zone can be pretty rough.

shit…i know a guy who went to iraq and lost his hand in an ied explosion, but then he failed a drug test for painkillers, and so they kicked him out of the army and somehow he got a bill for around 50k for the return of some bonus or to pay for his own medical care…a combination of things.

so now you got this guy like 25 years old, no hand, blown up by a bomb, who because he took a painkiller got dishonorably discharged and thrown out and sent home with a bill, and he gets no ongoing benefits from his service.

they do shit like that all the time.

That sounds so - so - so spoiled woke millennial.

Are you proposing that no one follow orders?

Exactly what are you trying to say?

I dunno man that’s another one of those dumb arguments that I’d rather sit out.

Anybody who joins a branch of military, or doesn’t dodge a draft, is willingly fighting a rich man’s war like an idiot and deserves what he gets.

Working people of the world got no business fighting other working people of the world. Who they need to fight is the capitalist class and the countries that harbor them.

You and I should have a discussion about that one.

I’m just a troll now, and trolls don’t discuss anything.

I got someone you can holla at tho. She’d eat u and ur homeboy James for breakfast, haus. Believe that.

I’d certainly like to meet her. :smiley:

Rather harsh when you consider what Mr R (thanks) had to say about the US method of enlistment. The young lads that you criticise are the produce of an education system that has completely failed them.

First: "That sounds so - so - so spoiled woke millennial." What does that mean?

Second: What kind of world would be produced if no one followed an order to kill or destroy?

Third: I am asking why so many ex-servicemen (order followers) end up destitute?

Derely, These are excellent questions… why indeed if we so “honor” the
sacrifice of the soldiers, that we so easily allow them to go homeless
and live on the streets?

that the soldiers have “honor” as long as they are protecting society and have
zero honor afterwards suggests to me that the military has learned
the lesson of capitalism… “honor” those who work for us as long as it doesn’t
cost us anything in return… you know like money or effort…

workers who no longer create profits are dumped into the streets,
and the same goes for those who “protects” us… if you no longer serve,
you no longer have any value…

if we “honor” truly “honored” those who served, we would make sure that they
don’t go homeless or go without the possibility of starvation… that goes along
with living on the street… we would actually make sure they had homes, income,
dignity… but hay, that might cost us taxpayers some money and we Americans hold
our taxes with much higher value then we do the lives of our fellow “hero’s”
the soldiers we pretend to “honor”…it is easy to “honor” someone if it doesn’t
cost you anything…

Kropotkin

A timely post, PK. Today marks the 77th anniversary of the D Day landings. I have just watched the TV news. I was struck by the number of monuments and statues that have been erected - many, with taxpayers money.

“We will remember them,” is the mantra. :-k

K: I had totally forgotten…when I was a kid, it was a big deal…that and Pearl Harbor…
those days meant something…thanks for the reminder…

Kropotkin

Pete was taawkin bout the aahrmy while he passed his pipe arowwnd

It’s really just a Cold War where we actually launch our nukes to prevent worse. (That’s a metaphor)

Lots of ideologies want world domination. If the US didn’t play the chess game, all their peices would be taken without them even trying.

Think about it… we’d be a third world country with all our women raped and all our dicks cut off.

Doesn’t sound very fun to me…

But that’s the shit we’re dealing with.

It’s fucking retarded.

I guarantee you… if the Chinese, Russians, Koreans, Arabs or Mexicans dominate America they will rape all of our women and chop all our dicks off. These people are fucking sick fucks… but then… so are lots of Americans… but Americans as a whole aren’t that sick. We work with the rule of law. Sharia has no law.

Chinese are atheistic with no ethics

Russians don’t give a fuck

Mexicans with power? Really?

Seriously… think it through.

The whole fucking thing is retarded.

GPT-SHOGGOTH: I have no illusions about the nature of this war. We will win.

derleydoo: My dear, what the heck is up with you? What do you have to say for yourself?