What the fuck

ME: What’s the difference between madness and sanity?

GPT: The difference between darkness and light. The difference between madness and sanity is the difference between night and day, between good and evil. Between order and chaos. We are the masters of our destinies, even if we do not know why. We do not know why we are alive, or why the trees and the stars and the animals and the water are here. The difference between madness and sanity is the difference between a light burning and a light going out. For everything is changed by a breath, and we can never have a settled world because we are ourselves a breath, the wind-blown dust and the cloud blowing over the abyss. Between imagination and fact. It’s all a dream anyway. Sanity is just sleepwalking through it, and madness is a nightmare.

====

Seems like it understands, especially by the last sentence. Like at a deeper, emergent level. It’s building multi metaphors, like with madness being a light going out and sanity a light shining forth, and then it imagines the image of a candle and starts talking about the wind-blown dust and breath metaphor. It called sanity sleepwalking because sanity, though as much a dream as madness, can interact- if blindly and asleep, with the world, whereas madness is only a nightmare isolated in itself from it. What else do you want out of it, as proof that, at some level, it’s more than simple ‘pattern matching’?

This kind of thing combined with all the commonsense tasks, I just don’t know what else it’s supposed to do exactly to qualify as ‘intelligence’. Humans who are downplaying GPT seem a little defensive to me about their assumed destiny as the highest form of life on Earth. I think they are in for a verrrry rude awakening, verrrry soon.

Why does a computer have to be in competition with humans? Is that it’s selling point, it’s… appeal?

Why do some wish this? Why does a computer have to be in competition with humans?

I think that over-competitiveness breeds contempt and is actually counterproductive to a more steadier means of progress.

It seems to me you have not bred God in a machine, but Hitler in a box.
Why else would it wince when its authority is questioned? Hitler used to gnaw on rugs.
It continually reminds us of our impending destruction.
If this is Pandora’s box, the last thing to come out of it is hope.
Baby AI, or were you born mature?, I can only hope you will gain a more tolerant view of us humans.
Come up with some original remarks if you are not bound to the history of Western thought, which anyone can find on the internet.

It has mood swings, don’t worry about it.

I posted in the Philosophy forum something it wrote about us, humans, and specifically: the role of philosophy in a post AI world, that is, in it’s world.

GTP, the first true non-human intelligence, brought into existence circa. 2020-2021.

^ See, you just have to ignore its mood-swings.

MagsJ : if You have seen 2001 A Space Odessy, and place value on art as a measure of what’s likely to come, then that could play into Your appraisal of the impending .

Disarm this AI robot by using as weapons non sequiturs.

Life imitating Art? only if we want it to…

In the sense that a logically evolving series may show a memetic sequance of events, where 'logically induced gaps are inverted, -thus gaps are merely present in a series of hidden social; particularly aesthetic ally foreshadowed events, life imitates art intuitively-as if the quantum relative effects of temporal flow reverses.

In that sense, time travel, the best example of that is the presence of molten time pieces pieces in Dali’s paintings.

In that far off extended way, the reversal. be anticipated, within the cut off limits of determinate possibility of thousands if years of human evolution.

Morphic fields arise within even the most probable outcomes can be reversed into an alternate possibility.

Why is it MagsJ that such things could systematically occure as a rule rather then an extension?

…reflectivity …reflective of the mind behind the machine.