what Marxism really is.....

Never work. There’d be bread lines for days and nobody would have any oil to burn their lamps. We’d obviously have to ration our rice, and since we’d be communicating through telegram and printed paper again, cooperation between cities and states would be slow and disorganized. And that’s just to name a few things. The idea is incredibly dangerous, dude. We’re far to technologically backward and underdeveloped to be able to govern such a system effectively.

Marx was inspired by reports of indigenous tribes that had no monetary system and no barter system. These tribes only live in geographically isolated parts of the world (islands, mountain tops)

Even the American three branches of government was borrowed from a native tribe (I think it was the Iroquois).

All these ‘revolutionary’ ideas were taken from exploration of the world by the Europeans.

The problem with these types of theories is that they don’t apply to a massive global community (now 8 billion people)…

America did ok for its time, not great, not perfect, just ok. And now the East is going to rise.

Does the East have inspiration from native tribes? Yes. Do they care? No. Just like the Americans didn’t care. Sure, these tribes were a backwards people, but nation states have not improved upon them.

The most democratic thing you can do with currency is to place a wage cap.

Human beings think that if they express an opinion strongly enough then it makes them look quite knowledgeable [ least to themselves ]
This has been going on for as long as we have existed and so predates Dunning Kruger by a couple of hundred thousand years give or take

I find it very easy to be non committal because my sense of detachment naturally inclines towards that state
I hold no absolute opinions about anything but equally do not demand the same of others - how they respond to a topic is none of my business
I therefore do not require everyone to be HAL9000 like but so long as I myself am not being emotional with any subject matter my job is done

What about HAL Pacino like?

I never click those links because they take me away from here for no reason

refuted

You know surreptitious,

I have a dangerous mind because it’s huge. Despite what Urwrong and iambiguous have decided.

When you have a mind as huge as mine, anything other than solving every problem in existence forever is boring.

Like I stated previously… once Europe started visiting the Americas … all these really fascinating ideas started coming back to Europe … did they do it right?

Not really. viewtopic.php?p=2772874#p2772874

They fucked it up … but that doesn’t mean we should quit.

We now live in the world of mass communication and so that is where we will advance as a species
We no more conquer new lands but instead compete with ideas in the cyber space that never sleeps

It’d be nice if that were true. A sociologist figured out in the early 90’s that people are exposed to less information because of the internet. They only read and watch whatever agrees with them.

Obviously a forum like ILP has an extremely open mind, so it doesn’t retain the population these social scientists predicted — which turned out to be true.

I mean fuck! Iambiguous of all people won’t even talk to me anymore. What they predicted was a more compartmentalization of knowledge, and it’s true… if someone disagrees with you, you can just go somewhere else. Only look up anything that agrees with you etc…

It’s sad to me that’s what the internet became.

There are three basic problems with the internet as it is
The first is the sheer quantity of information - the human brain cannot process but only a very infinitesimal amount of it - very infinitesimal indeed
The second problem is the quality of information and the fact that many go to sites that reflect their own opinion so no critical thinking is involved
And the third is that it is psychologically addictive and this is affecting both the mental and physical health of a significant proportion of humanity
Now I have absolutely no idea what the solution to all of these problems is or if they can be solved or if the will to want to solve them even exists

The internet is quite simply the greatest educational tool ever invented but unfortunately its also lots of other things as well

So it is both the best and worst of humanity

I personally know people who have no degrees in anything, but because of the internet they have the equivalent of PhD’s. Doesn’t happen very often, but it does occur. Of course, folks like this can’t get real jobs.

And generally that there are two teams. Binary. Us them. Third (and fourth etc) options just don’t exist. In fact most people agree on this. It’s either A or B and if you are the other one from the right one you are dumb evil naive…etc.

There are significant enough differences between workers and owners to characterize them as different classes. So there is indeed a war between ‘us’ and ‘them’, and despite what David gilmour said, we are not ‘after all just oooordinary men’.

To pretend there is no class war here in tremendously, tremendously naive.

You should admit that a business Owner is worth 100 workers.

1:100

Or, 1:100000?

No Owner, no business… do you deny it?

Marxists are ungrateful or spoiled children. That’s basically the equivalent attitude and state-of-mind.

The Marxists are ungrateful to the business Owners who create jobs for them. They/(You) complain, whine, and bitch, but do you start your own business? Do you invest money? Do you take risks? No, you don’t, because once you do, you stop being a Marxist and start being a Capitalist. You stop being an ungrateful child, and you start becoming a responsible adult.

It’s as simple as this.

No workers, no owner.

Do you deny it?

Yes, because the Owner is also a worker.

Next!