Perils of cocaine abuse

(Taken from the below website)

Perils of Cocaine Abuse
23 Mars 81 p.s.U.

Two recent political leaders allegedly had this nefarious habit.

Both came to power after dubious elections, by non-electorial and irregular methods.

Both nations immediately experienced attacks on famous public buildings.

Both blamed an ethnic minority before forensics had any evidence.

Both led “witch-hunts” against the accused minority.

Both suspended civil liberties “temporarily.”

Both put the citizenry under surveillance.

Both maintained secret and clandestine governments.

Both launched wars against most of the world.

One had a funny mustache. Can you name the other one?

------------------ [url=http://http://www.rawilson.com/main.shtml Does]www.rawilson.com/main.shtml Does[/url] sign language have silent letters? When coloured people shower, is that ethnic cleansing?

Bush. tell us more of your views on america. i believe i am not too familiar with them.

It really, really, annoys me when people say stuff like this. You’re comparing Bush to Hitler! Oh yes, very funny. hilarious. But welcome to reality here. It’s all very trendy to denounce Bush as a “fascist dictator who is thick as two short planks” and compare him to Adolf Hitler, but in the real world, it just isn’t true.

The media loves making Bush look like an idiot but he’s unlikely to get ALL THE WAY TO PRESIDENT OF USA if we was a complete no-no. He is evidently not the next Hitler and the similarities they share are incidental. My friend’s dad has a moustache! HE MUST BE HITLER! People who attack Bush in this way are either doing it because it’s “cool” or have some other political axe to grind. IMHO it’s best to get THAT off your chest rather than poking fun at Bush in extremely uncomical ways.

Rant over!

Amen.

Hey, hey relax guys. Ben, calm down. picture yourself in your happy place. Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean…

I do not believe Bush is the next Hitler. I do not believe that Bush is a fascist, (though he is waaaaay to the right). I do believe he is an idiot and became president via help from his aides, his father, and massive electoral fraud. It is possible for a fool to become president. Look at Reagan.

The most important tenet of discordianism is “It’s not true unless it makes you laugh.”
Laugh at this, not as if I was trying to make a huge political point, but as if I was just pissing about. Most of RAW’s "Thought for the week"s are very funny, including this one, if you look at it in the right way.

Above all, stay frosty, and consider this:

A student asked his master, “What is the Buddha?” His master replied, “Meditate on the ox.” So the student went to his cell, and meditated for a day, then returned to his master and asked, “What is the Buddha?” His master again replied, “Meditate on the ox.” So the student meditated heavily about the ox for 2 days, then asked his master, “What is the Buddha?” His master replied, “Meditate on the ox.” So again, the student returned to his cell and meditated deeply on the ox. When the student had not been seen for days, the master went to his cell and said, You have meditated for days, why don’t you come out and eat or drink a little. The student replied, “I can’t come out, my horns won’t fit through the door.”

PS - I am about the least “trendy” or “cool” guy you will ever meet. Those who know me can testify to that.

www.rawilson.com/main.shtml
Does sign language have silent letters?
When coloured people shower, is that ethnic cleansing?

[This message has been edited by HVD (edited 03 April 2002).]

I testify to the fact that Hiren is the least “trendy” or “cool” guy I know.

I also apologise for sending irrelevant posts that add nothing to the discussions [but I would quite like to be a Philosopher and not just a thinker].

The Buddha say: Message Board rank is like a crap toupee. Only sycophants will complement you on it. Those who know you know you just use it to cover up other inadequacies.

------------------
www.rawilson.com/main.shtml
Does
sign language have silent letters?
When coloured people shower, is that ethnic cleansing?

HVD, just a little technical note for you, your link in your sig points to http://www.rawilson.com/main.shtml
Does
, you’ve included the Does of the next bit. I know its not that important and people will probably figure out the address by themselves, but I figured you might want to know.

Ok I’m off to do something terribly, terribly important and vital now, like my geoggraphy essay.

Here Here Ben. (See? I’m practicing for my career in politics already? Haha)

bush is very stupid. either that or his advisors are. “axis of evil”?! yeah great idea label other countries “evil” just because they policies are different. thats america for you. how i wish i were canadian. i can now honestly say that am actually ashamed to be american. thanks george! youve taken our country to a whole new level of egotism.

It was a very unsophisticated choice of words when used the words ‘axis of evil’ to describe our so called enemies.

But you must admit, the world, not just America is in a great danger. Saddam possesses weapons of mass destruction intended to harm or threat America in some way.

While it seems were jumping the gun, America needs to stand tall and not fuckin Saddam get in out way. Thats not egotistical.

America is a great country. while we do have downfalls and negatives, I would like to know of a better country?

Why do so many people migrate here? It really is the land of a second chance.

Wasn’t Bush a cocaine addict in post-secondary? I here most American’s think that is cool, but then again, since Clinton I think American’s will see the President dancing and hitting a Pinjata (proper spelling?) on the white house lawn as cool.

Furthermore, HVD’s second post sounds right to me, I am in agreement with his views of his second post. The system in place for admitting Presidents as the electoral country rulers is quite flawed and much corruption proliferates throughout all the major American organizations. I only speak about America because my knowledge of political systems and the history behind them is quite limited. I am well educated in the political systems of Canada and America, this also makes me somewhat educated in the political system of Britain. Plus, I learned much about Britain, from cultural customs, to designs for residences and organization of land, to the economy and the political system. You would never think, I know I didn’t, that I would learn about Britain in a course called ‘Cybercities’ in university.

If any of you keep up to date on the policies that have been put through, you may understand why so many people think he is a fascist and an idiot.

What’s your take?

There is no proof of this. He does have bio/chem weapos yes, but whether or not he has mass-destructive capabilities remains to be seen. And if he does have them, so what? If possession was a crime, then the US, UK, France, Russia, Israel and Japan would be invaded too. Oops, I forgot, they’re OUR allies, and therefore, good.

So far, he has used his weapons to attack rebels within his own country, and invading US troops. He is not stupid, nor is he an Islamic Fundamentalist. He knows that if he attacks the US he will be wiped out. He wants power and wealth, he does not believe that if he fights America he will go to Paradise.

I see no league tables being published? Why oh why must we say “My country is better than yours”? It is no different to the perennial “My dad could beat up your dad” argument so beloved of schoolchildren

Magius, I assume you mean Operation TIPS, the Office of Homeland Security and so forth?

I’m sorry to inform your that this is nothing new. This stuff started back in '47 )May have the date wrong) with the National Security Act. This legislation effectively killed the Bill of Rights. This act was only to last until the Communist “threat” was averted. Since then, we have had nnew threat after new threat which convieniently keeps laws like that one, and it’s colnes (the most recent being the Patriot Act) in effect. Nothing has changed except the villains. Freedom vanished fron America in 1947.

HVD stated:

You know, I would really love it if people would quite assuming what I mean, and just ask.

In reference to the above quote, I do mean those as well, but I don’t see the point in saying that this is nothing new. Everything is new every new second that passes, just because Politicians usually become corrupted and when someone tries to stop them they get killed, it doesn’t mean they will get killed this time, nor does it mean that a majority of them are corrupt this time around.

One must truly believe in order to make any kind of change. Moreover, the policies that are being put in place now have never been put in place before, so this isn’t something new. And I know you mean it in a more general sense, but in order for me to know exactly what you mean you need to explain yourself. It’s easy to say this has always been happening, just as easy as it is to say it always will be that way, but to actually back that up with something in order to make sense is the tough part, the more meaningful part. To me, a statement is nothing without one’s explanation of why they think this to be that way. Unless the statement includes the explanation. The article and acts I was speaking in refernce to, were the following, but these are not all of them…

Bush and the Clean Air Act
senate.gov/~rpc/releases/1999/ev031601.htm

Bush’s New Freedom Initiative
namiscc.org/newsletters/Dece … reedom.htm

For those interested in reading about Bush’s life prior to being elected President, you may find the following to be of interest…
pbs.org/newshour/character/essays/bush.html

For an in-depth view of the failure of the Bush administration through the Isreal vs Palestine war, have a look at…
observer.co.uk/worldview/sto … 74,00.html

To read the actual words of George W. Bush (Shrub, heh) please read the following on a economic forum at a university. Good read! He makes some contradictions, but he’s actually quite persuasive. I would say this one is in favour of Bush (ofcourse, it’s him talkin)…
whitehouse.gov/news/releases … 813-5.html

One of the worst pollicies is the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act), implemented during the Clinton administration and deeply misused throughout the Bush administration.
frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin … nr.txt.pdf

This URL is a much better read…
loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf

HVD stated:

Your right about your assumption into the idea that policies that invariably take our freedom away, are excused as for our protection, but never taken off again. A good example is taxes, which became implemented as an emergency measure of capital for the government in a time of war. Yet since they have been implemented they have not been taken off. Some have just simply been renamed. Things have changed, the freedom of information is becoming greater and greater, the literacy rate for the population of the world is growing, sooner or later there will be enough people to go against the government using the greatest power against a government, the governments own word.

Saying a general statement like “Freedom vanished from America in 1947” is a little bit to strong of a phrase without being backed-up, don’t you realize you will be argued with about this, why not save everyone the time and post you logic and/or sources so we can get to the meat of the problem and see what everyone has to say. Freedom didn’t vanish from America in 1947, some of the greatest moments of freedom happened after the year 1947!
So what’s your explanation for the above statement?

What’s your take?

Magius you’re right. I should have explained my logic/reasoning better and will do so now.

The 1947 National security Act was intended to be used against the greatest threat to America at the time, the USSR.

It outlined the creation of the CIA and laid the foundations for the NSA. The NSA is responsible for most of the digital interception and decryption programs in operation, such as the ECHELON program.

The Act and subsequent amendments gave sweeping powers to the above organisations, such as the ability to install wiretaps without anyone’s knowledge or authorisation, the ability to gather intelligence on presumed threats to national security preemptively (that is to say, before they are confirmed as threats) etc.

This legislation was unprecedented when it was enacted. There had literally been nothing like it before. That is what i mean by “Freedom vanished in 1947” because rights which were until then considered inalienable by the Bill of Rights were unceremoniously revoked. and yes, perhaps “vanished” was too strong a word

When I say that the current laws are nothing new, that is exactly what I mean. They may relate to new technologies which have recently become widespread, or refer to new threats, but each and every law has a precedent in the Act of 47.

You say that “some of the greatest moments of freedom happened after the year 1947” and I would like to know which events you speak of. After all, I must know what you mean in order to argue with you.

te pone bellaco

kaotic.com/video/pnDoOApC_2018606075312_t

kaotic.com/video/bbIRAzxF_2017311131701_t

kaotic.com/video/60f08171f6 … 044c67651b