FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

For discussions of culture, politics, economics, sociology, law, business and any other topic that falls under the social science remit.

Which is the best form of government?

1) Monarchy (Tyranny).
2
17%
2) Aristocracy (Oligarchy).
2
17%
3) Democracy (Ochlocracy).
3
25%
- No one.
5
42%
 
Total votes : 12

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Arminius wrote:
James S Saint wrote:No law = anarchy.

Anarchy fails for a reason. You have to have laws, merely the exact right kind of laws.

Yes, but if you have too many laws, then the probability of anarchy is also very high. Thus: no law = anarchy, too many laws = tendency of anarchy.

Yes. Just like the physical universe, there is no effective difference between having nothing at all and having everything at once; the sum of all frequencies equals zero.

In the USA, it is intentionally arranged that there are too many conflated laws. The purpose of this is to allow a chosen judge to adjudicate in any direction he is persuaded. He is not restricted by the law while plausibly trying to adhere to it. The persuasion is handled through that "shadow government" means, thus giving the superficial impression that there was a "fair trial with an honest judge". This is one of the obfuscation tactics used to manipulate from behind the scenes.

But as I tried to point out earlier, you have the fourth category representing two very different things;
4) None of the above
4) No government at all

Thus your poll isn't going to come out quite right.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Arminius wrote:The US people are always told that monarchy is no good governing form, are'nt they? Tere is no vote for monarchy. We have 0% for „monarchy, 33% for „aristocracy“, 33% for „democracy“, and 33% for „no one“

The Ancient Romans were told as well as the US Americans are. In times of the Ancient Romans it had been the aristocratic senators who didn't want any political competitor, rival; in times of the US Americans it has been the political class (parallel society) for the same reason. This parallel is interesting, isn't it?

Similarities and Differences between the Roman Empire and The United States of America
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Thank you for that link, James. But not all of that mentioned similarities and differences are true. And the authors of that text refer too much to Rome's Caesarian (monarchal) system, although they should refer more to Rome's republican / senatorial (aristocratic) system. Then they could also explain (for example) why the Romans of the republican age were and the US people of the republican age are so much frightened of monarchy. The Romans were frightened of monarchy, so later they got ... monarchy; and the US People are frightened of monarchy, so later they will get ... (... put in the right word ...).
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm

Arminius wrote:Probably each form of government hat its time, and if its time is over, then the time of the next one begins.

The monarchy has the tyranny as its negative part before it ends, the aristocracy has the oligarchy as its negative part before it ends, the democracy has the ochlocracy as its negative part before it Ends.

Image

Is there a form of government which is the best one, and if yes which one?
Has each form of government its own time?

ImageImageImage
                 Monarchy (negative: Tyranny).                                          Aristocracy (negative: Oligarchy).                                                                             Democracy (negative: Ochlocracy)

Compare the political body to the physocal body. A hierarchy of drives is the case, health is the case when that hieraechy does justice to all of the drives. We can with some work group drives into organs.

Meritocracy is not a politics as we've come to think of it but it is the only sensible way of looking at it. In the end it is not important who is defined as the shaper of government, but simply that government is shaped to some serious idea. Sometimes a democratic set of passions can be carried by a truth about the societal body. Sometimes a monarchic command is required for a period, when democracy is a void vanity to obscure that government is carried by private capital, as in how Putin brought health to Russia. What we see here is that the "tyrant" has a broad base of support among people both within and outside of the state; a sign of reason at work, and government operates with a distinct and verifiable idea. The idea pertains to the values shared troughout the people, rich and poor. An ideocracy govrerned by a consistent appkication of rational debate.

In a dead-set democratic ideaology like France or America, What matters far more than what kind of person gets voted in office is the structure of the legislative and executive and all the various administrative and communicative apparatuses. The way the organs amount to a body. Democracy can be a means to accomplish it if the demos is extraordinarily well educated. What amounts to quality of education is too large a subject to address in this post, and what a sophocracy would be constructed like is a topic that we can expect to become more interesting and tangible to us if we agree that there are some definitive rational principles that amount when applied in increased quality of life. One of the first principles is a clear and definite necessity of each organ.

I have used in this post the term organ to indicate ab aggregate of drives; this can point to either things like industries and other cultural ascertions or to administrative constellations. Both consist of humans, the cells, or cause purpose and nature or "blood" of the state, but all organs are extremely different from one another.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10980
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:31 pm

Arminius wrote:Thank you for that link, James. But not all of that mentioned similarities and differences are true.

Granted. It would be hard to make such a comparison truly accurate considering all of the circumstances (although I suspect that they could have done better).
Arminius wrote:the US People are frightened of monarchy, so later they will got ... (... put in the right word ...).

..a Presidential Pharaoh.

Fixed Cross wrote:Compare the political body to the physocal body. A hierarchy of drives is the case, health is the case when that hieraechy does justice to all of the drives. We can with some work group drives into organs.

Meritocracy is not a politics as we've come to think of it but it is the only sensible way of looking at it. In the end it is not important who is defined as the shaper of government, but simply that government is shaped to some serious idea. Sometimes a democratic set of passions can be carried by a truth about the societal body. Sometimes a monarchic command is required for a period, when democracy is a void vanity to obscure that government is carried by private capital, as in how Putin brought health to Russia. What we see here is that the "tyrant" has a broad base of support among people both within and outside of the state; a sign of reason at work, and government operates with a distinct and verifiable idea. The idea pertains to the values shared troughout the people, rich and poor. An ideocracy govrerned by a consistent appkication of rational debate.

In a dead-set democratic ideaology like France or America, What matters far more than what kind of person gets voted in office is the structure of the legislative and executive and all the various administrative and communicative apparatuses. The way the organs amount to a body. Democracy can be a means to accomplish it if the demos is extraordinarily well educated. What amounts to quality of education is too large a subject to address in this post, and what a sophocracy would be constructed like is a topic that we can expect to become more interesting and tangible to us if we agree that there are some definitive rational principles that amount when applied in increased quality of life. One of the first principles is a clear and definite necessity of each organ.

I have used in this post the term organ to indicate ab aggregate of drives; this can point to either things like industries and other cultural ascertions or to administrative constellations. Both consist of humans, the cells, or cause purpose and nature or "blood" of the state, but all organs are extremely different from one another.

It seems that FC is having a clear day.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 pm

FC can be FC Bayern München (record champion of the Bundesliga, the first division of the German league, and often champion of the Champions league) as well as FC Duckburg (7. Kreisklasse, the fifteenth division of the German league). In that case, "clear day" means "Champions league", and "cloudy day" means "7. Kreisklasse". Please calculate the mean value! :wink:

Eighth division of the German league: "Kreisliga". :)

Do we also have 15 leagues of government?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Wikipedia wrote:The political doctrine of anacyclosis (or anakyklosis from Greek: ἀνακύκλωσις) is a cyclical theory of political evolution. The theory of anacyclosis is based upon the Greek typology of constitutional forms of rule by the one, the few, and the many. Anacyclosis states that three basic forms of "benign" government (monarchy, aristocracy, and democracy) are inherently weak and unstable, tending to degenerate rapidly into the three basic forms of "malignant" government (tyranny, oligarchy, and ochlocracy). Note that "ochlocracy" refers to mob rule, not the concept of democracy created in the late 18th century.

According to the doctrine, "benign" governments have the interests of all at heart, whereas "malignant" governments have the interests of a select few at heart. However, all six are considered unworkable because the first three rapidly transform into the latter three due to political corruption.
Last edited by Arminius on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:40 pm

Arminius wrote:
Wikipeia wrote:The political doctrine of anacyclosis (or anakyklosis from Greek: ἀνακύκλωσις) is a cyclical theory of political evolution. The theory of anacyclosis is based upon the Greek typology of constitutional forms of rule by the one, the few, and the many. Anacyclosis states that three basic forms of "benign" government (monarchy, aristocracy, and democracy) are inherently weak and unstable, tending to degenerate rapidly into the three basic forms of "malignant" government (tyranny, oligarchy, and ochlocracy). Note that "ochlocracy" refers to mob rule, not the concept of democracy created in the late 18th century.

According to the doctrine, "benign" governments have the interests of all at heart, whereas "malignant" governments have the interests of a select few at heart. However, all six are considered unworkable because the first three rapidly transform into the latter three due to political corruption.

Thus you need a form of governing that isn't any of those. 8)
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:21 pm

It would be better, if we had one that is not like any of those forms of governing.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:11 am

Arminius wrote:It would be better, if we had one that is not like any of those forms of governing.

So get to it.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Governing forms are implemented by (1) one, (2) few, (3) all (majority of all). Mixed forms are possible because there are several social classes, but, however, at the bottom line there is merely one form for each society possible. It is the upper class that affects the other classes very much more than the other classes affect each other or even the upper class.

Okay, let's talk about "SAM" again. "SAM" does only work in small societies. So should we reduce the current societies (except those in jungles, deserts, and steppes) to small societies?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:03 am

Arminius wrote:Governing forms are implemented by (1) one, (2) few, (3) all (majority of all). Mixed forms are possible because there are several social classes, but, however, at the bottom line there is merely one form for each society possible. It is the upper class that affects the other classes very much more than the other classes affect each other or even the upper class.

One must always take care to include that overlooked final option;
4) None of the Above

Arminius wrote:Okay, let's talk about "SAM" again. "SAM" does only work in small societies. So should we reduce the current societies (except those in jungles, deserts, and steppes) to small societies?

SAM represents a fundamental organization that is much like a networked cell in a body. What governs the cells in your body?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:19 pm

The cell is the smallest unity of of a living thing. it is able to fulfill all main functions of an organism. The cromatin in the cell nucleus contains the carrier of the hereditary Information: the DNA. The DNA is a long molecule chain with four different bases (A, C, G, T). The RNA is the "translater". On the DNA chain each amino acid of the later proteins is coded by three successive bases.

Image

So the "basic law" or "constitution" of "SAM" could be similar to the genetic code.
Last edited by Arminius on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Arminius wrote:So the "basic law" or "constitution" of "SAM" could be similar to the genetic code.

It is. As I have said several times, the constitution of SAM is like a basic genome. The amendments of each SAM constitution create variations in a social form of a DNA strain. When overpopulated, SAM "cells" divide in a typical DNA/RNA fashion to form two SAM cells with similar but not necessarily identical amendments. Variety forms as cells divide and choose alternate amendments (DNA sequencing).

Larger groups of SAM cells form cell communities with very similar amendments such that most cells can preform the exact same function. Other groups form from a different variation of amendments so as to be able to perform perhaps a substantially different function. In modern terms, those two groups might be a manufacturing group of similar cells and a marketing group of similar cells. Such groupings are found in industrial complexes.

Just as there is no governing cells over the body, there is no governing cells over the SAM aggregate conglomerate. Just as the cells of a body are governed by how they handle their environment, so are SAM cells, groups, and the entire conglomerate.

Reality is the only governor.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Fixed Cross » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Good developments. This goes beyond a choice of pre existing forms. I share A's perspective on the scale issue.
The main question I have at this time is: what about international politics? Especially the military, and especially the nuclear power. Who governs such global scale "vectors"?
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10980
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:55 pm

James S Saint wrote:Reality is the only governor.

Okay, but reality (objectivity, world) and consciousness (subjectivity, self) depend on each other.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:29 am

Arminius wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Reality is the only governor.

Okay, but reality (objectivity, world) and consciousness (subjectivity, self) depend on each other.

They are dependent only in the sense that the whole is dependent on each of its parts. Subjectivity is a part of objective reality. There is one actual event (one reality) and many languages with which to describe it (many subjective perspectives and/or ontologies). Yet the use of those languages is a part of the event, of reality.

Fixed Cross wrote:what about international politics? Especially the military, and especially the nuclear power. Who governs such global scale "vectors"?

Who governs them now?

The SAM body has a philosophy network, the "Angel Network", governed by the rules of Resolution Debating (not really any different than what is used within every SAM cell). Resolution Debating considers literally every voice from every cell and resolves the most rational response offered by every voice from every cell (a very seriously exact democracy). It is similar to gaming theory resolution. In almost all cases, there is a distinction between cells of concern and cells not affected. In the case of bodily war (the entire SAM body being intentionally attacked) all cells are affected. Defensive strategies are heard from literally every cell and resolved into the greatest balance of IJOT (Integral of Joy over Time). The truly brightest ideas gain highest authority rather than some predesignated, most influential, most popular, or ordained arbitrator.

IJOT is the purpose and deciding factor for life. IJOT is what gives life meaning, purpose, and arbitration capacity. IJOT is the inspiration and goal, Reality is the maze.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:21 pm

IJOT has to first deal with FOOLME - Federal Oligarchic Overhead Layering & Militarized Elections
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10980
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Fixed Cross wrote:IJOT has to first deal with FOOLME - Federal Oligarchic Overhead Layering & Militarized Elections

:lol:


Life didn't ask the Earth's permission to conquer it. Man didn't ask the jungle's permission to overcome it. And SAM need not ask anything's permission to replace it. SAM is merely life perfected.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Fixed Cross » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:15 pm

I think we can agree that dealing with something does not need to involve asking its permission.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10980
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby James S Saint » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:02 pm

At all times, one must "deal with" reality. There is no time wherein IJOT does not provide the greatest hope. And there is no time when SAM does not provide the greatest assurance of that hope.

Or did you have a more specific question?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Fixed Cross » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:22 pm

No further questions.

Education:
-The internet
-Friends
-Parents
-School

A child is a precious resource. A task of a human is to make that resource support itself. A child can be made loyal too anything with the power to please and threaten it. All forms of education are forms of threats and seductions. Some subjects more naturally seduce those of abstract minds and some those of more concrete minds - but all education brings about thresholds of meaning, a basic sense of why we have discourse beyond function at al.

I am of the opinion that the formation of consciousness is the process we see as war; as a child learns by testing its boundaries so does the world. All errors have to be made. It's good to make them early.

Education:
-Error recognition and formulating priorities
-Basic survival skills
-Aggression management (sports, theatre)
-Hygiene

-Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Mathematics

Don't ask me how but if education is bought in order, the state will automatically heal. That is the advantage of death. Mortality is absolutely required to deal with such presumptuous creatures as humans - probably most new life is extremely presumptuous. One is always given life, and the mind will presume a reason for this; 'I exist therefore it is good that I exist'. Unlearning this presumption can easily lead to death. It is both what philosophy is and what madness is, and in global terms it is nihilism with its most reductive element, reductionistic materialism. A more massive stupidity has never yet existed, it is the product of the deification of science, which is the absolute reversal of scientific ethics. Science is based on modesty, humility before the unfathomably great truth and patience and knowledge one is very most likely ever going to find out more than a few details about the absolute truth. Materialism was never a scientific premise. It was a philosophical theory, and it found its justification in the discovery of the atom. But when afterwards the discovery was made that truth of substance relies on truth of energy, the materialists did not evolve along. Materialism in the reductive sense, which prescribes a billiard ball like universe, is the laziest religion of all - it requires nothing and licenses everything. Its product is anarchy of drives; ill health in men, submission to base violence in mankind. Its ethos is fatalism (a secular form of protestantism) - its expression hedonism, but it claims for itself the throne of austerity. But all it is in the scheme of the rose simply the quality of waste, which it has made into an artform.
The strong do what they can, the weak accept what they must.
- Thucydides
Image -
Value Ontology - Philosophy 77 - sumofalltemples - The Magical Tree of Life Academy
User avatar
Fixed Cross
Doric Usurper
 
Posts: 10980
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:53 am
Location: the black ships

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby AutSider » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:36 pm

I think a benevolent aristocracy consisting of the most educated people of the time would be best. But yeah, "benevolent aristocracy" is almost a contradiction of terms.

So far, democracy is the lesser evil of the three.
User avatar
AutSider
BANNED
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:28 am

Each of the three forms has its degenerated form which can always be interpreted as the negative form. So each of the three positive or better forms and each of the three negative or worse forms are merely subordinated forms of one form, thus there are three superordinated forms and six subordinated forms:

1) the form of one ruler with (1a) monarchy as the positive subordinated form and (1b) tyranny as the subordinated negative form;
2) the form of few rulers with (2a) aristocracy as the positive subordinated form and (2b) oligarchy as the subordinated negative form;
3) the form of many rulers with (3a) democracy as the positive subordinated form and (3b) ochlocracy as the subordinated negative form.


In reality there are often mixed forms; but, if so, then one form dominates the other forms anyway (you may compare it with a club, i.e. a sports club).

"No form" means anarchy.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: FORMS OF GOVERNMENT

Postby Arminius » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:20 am

James S Saint wrote:
Arminius wrote:So the "basic law" or "constitution" of "SAM" could be similar to the genetic code.

It is. As I have said several times, the constitution of SAM is like a basic genome. The amendments of each SAM constitution create variations in a social form of a DNA strain. When overpopulated, SAM "cells" divide in a typical DNA/RNA fashion to form two SAM cells with similar but not necessarily identical amendments. Variety forms as cells divide and choose alternate amendments (DNA sequencing).

Larger groups of SAM cells form cell communities with very similar amendments such that most cells can preform the exact same function. Other groups form from a different variation of amendments so as to be able to perform perhaps a substantially different function. In modern terms, those two groups might be a manufacturing group of similar cells and a marketing group of similar cells. Such groupings are found in industrial complexes.

Just as there is no governing cells over the body, there is no governing cells over the SAM aggregate conglomerate. Just as the cells of a body are governed by how they handle their environment, so are SAM cells, groups, and the entire conglomerate.

Reality is the only governor.

Would you agree, if someone said that most of the human governments are like cancerous ulcers, so that the said cells become more and more ill cells / cells that wrongly handle their environment and will be dead soon?
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

PreviousNext

Return to Society, Government, and Economics



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users