Recipe for success

You will succeed if you have the following: Hunger, anger, hastiness, fear, stubbornness, dishonesty, obsessiveness, luck, insecurity, a propensity for blind faith, a source of capital, connections, execute often (and poorly) on lots of bad ideas until something sticks. Once you succeed, make sure to drop subtle hints to everyone around you that your success was due to competence, openness, humility, curiosity, strength, intellect, character, creativity, goodness, rightness, purity of soul, logic, reason, common sense, temperance, love and respect for all people, courage, conscientiousness, impulse control, hard work, talent, honesty, vision, and because you are the chosen one and are just plain better on a genetic level but that anyone can be just like you tomorrow if they just take a good hard look in the mirror and decide to be like you, and once they do that it will be effortless, because it’s not hard at all, and if they don’t do this it’s because they are angry, hasty, afraid, stubborn, dishonest, obsessive, insecure, have blind faith, and are simply executing poorly because they are not you.

Rather than taking a look at one’s self, most people can not see themselves, and they try to act like others without a careful look on what’s behind that action.

If they don’t succeed in this way, they try to figure out what makes them tick, usually not succeeding.

This recipe is from the cookbook of 80’s business ethics or Biggie Smalls rap music.
To the spoils go the victor.

I have a better recipe…

You will succeed if you Aristotle.

Aristotling qua Ayn Rand-ism? Mayhaps but my point monooq is I don’t like the rich people I know, because they act like they be shit and know shit when they don’t. Lotta people work they asses off and ain’t rich. They shouldn’t be giving advice or acting like it was all them, but that’s what they do and how they justify keeping the little guy down.

I got that homes. For schnitzel.

There is self-deception that gestalt shifts to see hustle-grind qualities as noble-giftedness when it is flattering, and back again when it is not, …or helps sell books or avoid the greater responsibility that comes with natural greatness.

If there’s nothing more to their advice, it would be the fallacy of appeal to accomplishment moneymoneymoney, monayyy.

With Aristotle, I was thinking of the golden mean. But actually, Aristotle did think that ‘success’ is a sign of virtue. --In a nutshell, people want to transact with trustworthy-honest-virtuous-etcetera people and so they tend to be ‘successful’. But that did not mean ‘filthy rich’. It meant having a family and loved ones, and accomplishments, and whatever-the-fuck-else that was more than gansta rap or the 80’s business credo of getmoneygetmoneygetmoney.

True