Would Slavery Still Exist in the U.S. W/Out Civil War?

Seems impossible to imagine the institution of slavery still existing in the U.S. if the Civil War had never taken place, but it does make me wonder.

What do you think would have happened if the U.S. deemed it unconstitutional to enforce or honor the Emancipation Proclamation? How much longer do you think slavery would have existed without this event?

K: this is an interesting question…the course of history seems to be plain as moving
in the direction of banning slavery… for example, the UK banned slavery in 1834…
france banned slavery in 1315, spain banned slavery in 1837, and Italy never banned
slavery…in most of Africa, slavery wasn’t banned until the 20th century… and in
Saudi Arabia slavery was banned in 1962, in my lifetime…and in Russia, slavery was
effectively abolished in 1720’s, serfdom was finally abolished in 1906…

now we now for a fact that despite these legal banning, that slavery still exists
in large parts of the world…middle eastern countries for example still has slavery,
even though it has been officially banned…

so we know historically, that slavery has been legal for a good deal of modern history,
since say 1800…so what does that say about us as a species and as a culture?

that we can believe and act upon the notion that other people can be property,
and not people…so in the constitution, the southern states were allowed to count
slaves as 3/5 of a person… so when we look at a slave, we could count them
as 3/5 of a person… and today, even today, the white supremist that surround
the TFH party still hold that blacks are of less value then whites…the GOP
is full of racists… and that they have racism as an official aspect of the
conservative party…in effect, the entire GOP is a party that has no real problem
with the institution of slavery…for racism is for having slavery as official policy…

so if we were to have conservatism as official policy, we would be engaged
in trying to restart slavery as law…which is the entire policy of
capitalism, but that is another topic for another day…

so in answer to your question, yes, if the GOP/TFH party ever
gets in charge again, they would push for the reinstatement of slavery
as law…

and for those of you who demand I present my evidence, I point out,
that this is an opinion piece, not a factual demonstration… an opinion piece…

Kropotkin

Do you really think so? I don’t know, it seems like slavery is considered such a barbaric practice in the Western world that I feel the government at this point would have caved on the slavery aspect. I don’t see it ever, in the modern U.S., having a serious platform again.

I could, however, see aspects of Jim Crowe and the like still in place in the South, had there never been a Civil War or Civil Rights Movement.

Of course, superpowers like China have no problem forcing individuals into labor camps based on religion or race, so I suppose it’s not completely outlandish that there would be some version of that here.