Was there an ancient matriarchal civilisation?

Has it been translated into English? I couldn’t find anything.

Hm, Im not sure, my internet is acting up as it often does, and doesnt allow me a search.
If you cant find it it would seem there’s no translation. I thought I saw a link before, it may just have been someone who translated the name in a conversation.

Would be too bad. Im almost tempted to translate them myself.

Another, more brilliant writer, Tonke Dragt, has been translated I think, but it may only be her knight-stories and not the story about Venus Id recommend in this context. Its about a future society that has completely integrated spacefare and colonies on several planets including Venus, societies under thick artificial glass domes, in the boiling acid heat, and a solitary astronaut who deserts the base to go explore the planets aggressive psychic forests, a seething feminine force. Its pretty pretty damn good, I cant search as I said, the dutch title is Torenhoog en Mijlen Breed.

Thanks. I had a look but couldn’t find any English version. And it would have to be in an accessible format, too.

Diodorus Siculus, writing in the 1st century BC, provides a detailed account of the Amazons of Libya, and their conquest of the Atlanteans.

penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/ … s/3D*.html

To summarise:

The Amazons of Libya were far more ancient than the more well-known ones on the Thermadon river, and disappeared many generations before the Trojan war.

Libya was also home to other races of warlike women, such as the Gorgons.

The Amazons dwelt in western Libya. In their society, women were required to serve in the army and maintain their virginity while doing so. After their years of service were over, they were allowed to bear children, but retained all political power for themselves, while the men stayed at home and raised the children. Female children had their breasts seared to they wouldn’t develop and become a hindrance in warfare. (I have to point out here, though, that this idea is based on an ancient misunderstanding of the etymology of “Amazon”.)

The home of the Amazons was a large, fertile island in the far west called Hespera, in the marsh Tritonis, near Mount Atlas. (The Greek term Libya covered the whole of North Africa, not just the modern country of that name.)

After conquering their neighbours the Amazons founded a city called Cherronesus.

They then set out to conquer the Atlanteans, who dwelt along the coast.

Led by their queen, Myrina, the Amazons advanced against the Atlanteans with a huge army of cavalry. They destroyed the city of Cernê, whereupon the other Atlanteans surrendered to her. The Amazons and Atlanteans now became friends, with Myrina as their queen, and together attacked the neighbouring Gorgons, who, as mentioned earlier, were also a race of female warriors, and these, after being taken captive by the Amazons, rose up against them. After much slaughter, the Amazons prevailed.

Myrina went on to conquer large areas of Arabia, Syria, and the Taurus mountains, after making a treaty of friendship with the king of Egypt. (Diodorus names the king of Egypt as Horus, but this isn’t much help, as all the kings of Egypt had Horus as part of their official name.)

Myrina then conquered the island of Lesbos, and set up a sancturary to the goddess on another Greek island, Samothrace.

The Thracians attacked Myrina and her army, defeated them, and eventually drove them back to Libya.

Diodorus then moves onto describing the Atlanteans, telling us nothing more about the Amazons, or their queen, Myrina, though in an earlier passage he does say that the Amazons were later completely wiped out by Hercules.

That’s because Hercules was the ultimate pimp and wouldn’t hesitate to smack some hoes if they acted up.

There’s a difference between female centered cultures - like the Semitic, one of which may have been the Minoans, or at least heavily influenced by it due to their seafaring culture - and a female constructed and lead culture, of which I know of none.
Seafaring cultures are typically matriarchal -like many Greek islands - because males are gone for most of the year.

Bonobo matriarchal dynamics is because of an absence of enemies, threats…sheltering produces this…see Behavioural Sink experiment.
Superfluity produces excess libidinal energies that amass because there is no need to direct them towards expunging themselves.
No threats, no natural rarity of fats and sugars, no adversaries to compete with, or no need to since energies are abundant, produces feminization.
Libidinal energies, if not redirected from procreative towards creative relief, accumulate until they must be eliminated. Containing them stresses the organism.
The pressure produces anxiety, nervous energies that have no way to be relieved.
See why orgasm produces hyperventilation and muscle spasms?

Sex is used as a way of boding, maintaining alliances and dealing with inter-group conflicts.
Males don’t need to be aggressive so they become effete.
Offspring become common, shared - “it takes a village”.
Ownership vanishes - superfluity makes it redundant.
See Marxism and its idealization of feminization.
But such systems need safe, predictable superfluous environments with no threats and no competitors. And so Marxism and anarchy fail…because they must be established globally, so that no competing system overwhelms their disorganized hippie communes. If the neighbour adopts fascism, or totalitarian systems there’s no hope for anarchists or communists to survive, without contradicting their own rules.
ergo…nihilistic philosophies, ideologies, if and when applied, must self-decieve and self-cotnradict if they hope to survive in reality.
See Abrahamism and tis obscurantist, mystical, language, that can be interpreted and reinterpreted as need be…ad infinitum.
Biblical studies are about interpreting scripture to accord with prevailing circumstances and socioeconomic necessities.

I think it’s more to do with natural talents inherent in men and women. In unsettled times, men’s natural talent for warfare dominates, because it has to, in order for the society to survive. In more peaceful times, civilisations can develop among more spiritual lines, and leadership in these matters should, I believe, be the responsibility of women. Certainly, male-focused, patriarchal religions such as the Abrahamic ones tend towards suppression, bloodshed and totalitarianism.

And what did the Anglican Druids of Britain say, when the Norsemen invaded the British Isles?

The Druids weren’t Anglicans, and by the time of the Viking invasions, which began just before 800, the Druids had been suppressed by the Christian Church for around four centuries.

They were, and still are, Angles, the original Perogenitors of the British Isles.

The first men and women who walked upon their shores.

They have defended Britain since the beginning, and against even the early Græco-Romans.

I might be mistaken, I thought you were one of them…

And yet males invented all philosophies and political ideologies, including altruistic and egalitarian ones.

European males invented the ideologies they are now being exterminated by.

Well, I know quite a few Druids. Modern Druids, that is, as part of the more general Pagan movement. The original Druids were Celts, and Druidic bardic survivals lasted longest in places like Wales, where Celtic culture and language survived. And indeed it still does, especially in North Wales. The English, that is the Angles, however, are not Celts.

Yes, I’ve no doubt it was men who forumulated such philosophies in writing.

Go back further.

Where did the Angles come from? How are they different than the Celts, and why?

Are you not a part of the Druidic order? Are you a pagan, or are you not?

The Angles came from North Germany, along with their very close kin, the Saxons. They are part of the Germanic branch of the Indo-European language family, which is distinct from the Celtic branch. Modern Welsh and Irish are Celtic languages.

Not all Pagans are Druids, and Druidism only forms one branch of the modern Pagan movement.

If you don’t know, or are not connected, to the Druidic Pagan spirituality of the land you’re born, then what can you really say about Patriarchal or Matriarchal society?

If you cannot use your ancestors as an example? What was the role of men and women of the Progenitors of England?

According to Heisman - a Jew who killed himself when he realized who he was - the Anglo-Saxon culture was completely destroyed and replaced by the Norse, condemning them to centuries of bitterness and rebellion against all earthly authorities, culminating in the American Civil War, when Norse aristocratic ethos was destroyed by Protestant, Anlo-Saxon, Yankees, inspired by the French Revolution - which also inspired the Russian Revolution.
It would also explain the current Anglo-Puritan drive to self-annihilate - commit cultural suicide, since there is no culture of their own to preserve after the Norse invasions.
This establishes a common Judeo-Puritan resentment for all earthly authorities. The US is the outcome of this unholy alliance.

Druid spirituality was lost, and replaced by an Afro-Asiatic spirituality which was its antithesis.

That’s my impression too.

The Druids of the British Isles were completely humiliated when the Vikings defeated them…

Even Maia seems not to deny it.

It’s important to list the Unbeaten and Unconquered European nations and peoples when it comes to “Patriarchal vs Matriarchal” relationships.

The Vikings are, obviously, the #1 most Unconquered European people.

Second is likely the Anglo-Saxon British Isle.

Third, are the Eastern Romans, Græco-Roman Orthodox.

The Byzantine Greeks are particularly interesting, as Satyr here demonstrates. The culture is “multi-cultural” in the sense that Competition is welcomed. Is this a Patriarchal or Matriarchal tendency? Which gender is more Competitive? Which is more or less confrontational? Which gender is conflict-avoidant?

How can a people be “Matriarchal” in the middle of the most conflicts in world history?