Feeling a bit debatey.

Have this urge to debate something with someone.

i think you should debate with someone the importance of respect and politeness in a discussion on ilp…

Fuck off.

you could debate about ethics…

I’ll Debate with you.

Lol. turtlebaby, you’re not preaching to the choir here.

Okay, what shall we debate…? I can fake strong views concerning just about anything.

I’ve enjoyed arguing with people in politics, politics are a fertile ground for debate.

Okay, I’m fairly up on politics historically, if not current. Africa particularly colonization to present day. What kind of politics suits you…?

Uuuu, uuuu, do Alexander V Hannibal!

I know there were elephants involved. How about “Elephants are good in wars but not against elves.” I can see that being a great discussion. :-"

Isn’t that more of a pissing match?

A pissing match is a pissing match.

Comparing two conquering dictators that effected entire cultural shifts throught entire continents sounds more like

to me.

Well i’m mean how would that be debated?

How 'bout this for debate?

Light from an object hits the retina creating an electro-chemical reaction which reacts on another cell and again on another cell on up the optic nerve until it gets into the brain and we “see.” We do not see until then, so we do not see with the eye, but with the brain.

Differing air pressure hits the ear, causing activity in the semicircular canal, which causes an electro-chemical signal to be sent to the brain and we hear. We do not, therefore , hear with the ear, but with the brain.

This sort of activity with our other senses continues in the same way. We taste, feel, smell with our brain.

Conclusion? The whole physical universe is contained within our skulls.

Another conclusion : there is no way to tell if there is anything"out there" at all, because we can only use our senses to tell us if there is or not.

You might also think on the idea that in our dreams at night, time, space, people, rivers, are all created with our mind.

Our eyes detect light. Our brain detects form and color. We see a yellow pencil.

Our ear detects changes in air pressure. Our brain detects sound. We hear music.

Our nerve endings detect pressure. Our brain detects warmth and texture. We feel the touch of a loved one

No offence but that’s the “brain in a jar” debate, and it’s been done out the arse and back in again.

Stoic. How about something around dictatorship vs. democracy. I know dictatorship will most likely lose, but I’m willing to give it a shot.

I personally Like (Ideal) Dictatorships over Democracy.

How about you take the side of Democracy?

Yeah I could do that I suppose. Though I like dictatorships too. Damn.

Okay, Dictatorships vs. democracy. You’re on the tough end of the deal though I think.

What do you think…? 3 posts each…? You wanna go first, second or ask someone to flip a coin…?

Are you up for a rematch after this one is done, Tab?

Yeah sure, what’s on your mind…?