The scandalous nutrition thread

I think it worthy of mention that the article is written by “John Thomas” - a well known synonym of PRICK.
And is published by a Chiropractic outfit - a well know form of quack physiotherapy.

Not sure what the actual qualifications of John Thomas are.

Ingredients: Glycerin (veg origin), Sorbitol, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Aqua, Xylitol, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Carboxymethyl Chitosan (from shellfish), Escin (from Horse Chesnut), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Ubiquinone (Co-Q10), Melaleuca Alternifolla (Tea Tree) Oil, Citric Acid, CI75810 (colour), Limonene*. *Natural constituent of essential oils.

I just realised that it has Ubiquinone Co-Q10 in it… “This minty fresh all-natural toothpaste boosts its effective cleaning formula with CoQ10”.

That says a lot about standard toothpastes then, for them to irritate us so… that explains why my mouth would often be sore then… I thought it was from my allergy, but I guess it wasn’t.

Well, my teeth are better than ever without it… a huge improvement in-fact. It was someone from here, who recommended I try go organic/fluoride-free, to help ease my fatigue… it has.

_
A few months ago a friend of mine went to an eat-all-you-can Chinese buffet, and got msg poisoning, and it was so bad that he vouched never to eat Chinese again… it took him weeks to recover.

Ready meals have msg in them, to save on the cost of flavourings, by artificially enhancing them.
_
MSG causes neurotoxicity (nerve cell damage): Scientists have earlier claimed that MSG consumption results in the release of excessive glutamate levels in the brain, causing brain damage.24 Nov 2020
_
In many countries MSG goes by the name “China salt”. Beside its flavour enhancing effects, MSG has been associated with various forms of toxicity (Figure 1(Fig. 1)). MSG has been linked with obesity, metabolic disorders, Chinese Restaurant Syndrome, neurotoxic effects and detrimental effects on the reproductive organs.19 Mar 2018
_
In the west, this manufactured additive has been blamed for a number of adverse reactions – headaches, sweating, flushing, numbness of the face and neck, palpitations, nausea, chest pain and sleeplessness – known collectively as “Chinese restaurant syndrome”. Restaurants that use MSG don’t brag about it.21 May 2018

I don’t care whether foodstuffs are so-called “environmentally friendly” or not. I do not care what doctors advice me to or not eat. The simple fact is that I eat sugar, salt, fat, drink alcohol every evening and use whatever type of oil I can get hold of, including rapeseed.

The reasons?

First, I like sugar, fats, alcohol and salt. I’ll let my body tell me not to consume them, not a third party (e.g. medics). Thus, if my body thinks I should not eat salt, then it will tell me i.e. I will lose my taste for salt.

Second, as to being environmentally friendly, well, let’s take recycling. I have recently started buying those little spray bottles of cooking oil. When I use them, the oil goes where I want it to go i.e. on the food rather than all over me. So, this is about convenience, not environmentalism or nutrition. However, I was nonetheless rather irritated to find that I cannot refill these bottles. The lids are firmly glued on. So, every time the bottle runs out of oil, I have to buy a new bottle instead of refilling it. Throwing each bottle away after a single use is considered to be environmentally UN-friendly. Well, that’s business for you. Business wants me to buy new bottles rather than refill them. It makes more money that way. Whatever business does, is only to its own advantage, not mine or yours.

My shopping is full of similar examples such as the oil spray. Business practices, no matter how ethical/green they dress themselves up to be, are highly wasteful, are highly unethical. So, if I am being told not to use e.g. rapeseed oil, then business will be behind it. Since business is corrupt, then of course I do not trust their advice. Ipso facto, I ignore what I’m told and do things for my convenience and my health, and not at the behest of business. (Even if the advice is offered by scientists, then I also treat it with suspicion, for science is in the pocket of business and is not acting independently.)

_
A change of ingredients in my usual multivitamin & mineral supplement and I’ve been in a world of gut pain these last few days after taking them, so I’ve obviously stopped taking them.

Recovery was instant and symptoms fleeting… though their kryptonitic-effect on me drained me, during the ingestation phase, and I will complain to the company regarding the matter and seek a refund.

_
My peers, in one of the Facebook groups that we’re all in, were discussing meals per day…

Most, are now down to one or two meals per day… depending on daily activity and output, and caloric input would also include drinks, so solids and fluids combined being optimally sufficient each day.

Three meals are necessary for laborious work or an active lifestyle, but the current consensus on this is that lockdown and working from home has made us less active than prior, hence the above ^^^ change in eating X drinking habits.

This is literally bull shit.

If I have a coffee with granulated sugar, I get a severe adverse reaction from it… if I have the same coffee with non-granulated sugar, nothing happens. Do the math! Can you count?

Just because your body doesn’t react, doesn’t mean that it isn’t affecting and/or damaging your insides. The U.K. wanted sugar in general banned and extortionately-taxed, because of the damage it has been doing to peoples’ health.

Humans were never supposed to eat processed, chemically-altered, food. What do you put the rise in cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, fatigue, fibro, etc. etc. etc. down to?

_
What Are Lectins?

everydayhealth.com/diet-nut … free-diet/
“Lectins are a plant-based protein naturally found in certain foods like beans, legumes, lentils, seeds, nuts, and a variety of nightshade vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants,” says Grace Derocha, RDN, CDE, of Blue Cross Blue Shield in Detroit, Michigan. They are also found in many grains, fruits, and animals fed with corn, she says.

According to Steven Gundry, MD, who is credited with the development of the lectin-free diet, lectins disrupt cell communication and increase inflammation, causing poor gut health that leads to a host of ills, including digestive problems (bloating, gas, diarrhea), and weight gain, per Dr. Gundry’s website. (1) Yet many nutrition experts do not agree that you should actively avoid foods that contain lectins.

IS LECTIN THE NEW GLUTEN?

independent.co.uk/life-styl … w-a7835531.

Foods High In Lectins: What To Avoid To Heal Your Gut

mindbodygreen.com/articles/ … in-lectins
Steven Gundry, M.D., made waves in 2017 when he released The Plant Paradox, a book that made the assertion that some of the health world’s favorite foods—staples like quinoa and squash—were high in a gut-irritating, inflammatory protein called lectins. Now, he’s back with The Plant Paradox Cookbook, which opens with a dive into lectins and the science behind Gundry’s recommended diet before getting into 100 delicious, easy, and, yes, lectin-free recipes. In this excerpt, Gundry shares his list of foods to avoid and the reasons behind each.
The basic premise of the Plant Paradox program is that once you remove the inflammatory agents (aka lectins) from your diet, your body is able to stop throwing all its resources and energy into dealing with continual damage and go into restorative mode, where excess weight can be released and diseases can be healed. To that end, here are the basic categories of foods that are excluded from the Plant Paradox program. These are foods that no human ate until about 10,000 years ago—and today we are still woefully ill-equipped to digest them. Let’s chat briefly about what makes these foods off-limits.

_
The one thing that every single site on lectins agreed on, is to avoid them if you have any gut/GI or inflammation issues… which means that they do have an impact on the digestive system - I will be cleaning up my diet from whatever little lectin I do eat this instant… save for a few.

Lectin… probably the reason why most Brits stick to meat n two veg, as better the dietary-devil you know… another thing all the sites on lectins agree on, is that grains, legumes, pulses, solanums, etc. contain toxic levels of lectin.

In other news…

time.com/5554573/kale-dirty-doz … esticides/
The list is compiled from the results of regular testing done by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on pesticide residues. This year, the tests showed that more than 92% of conventionally grown kale samples harbored at least two pesticide residues. Some contained as many as 18.

So… this one might tweak you a bit.

I’m a heavy smoker. So I actually figured this out by doing research on cigarettes, even though the implications are much broader.

The FDA in the US defines organic food as 80% organic. The reason this is true is because of a phenomenon called “blow over”… meaning… seeds from an adjacent farm enter into your crop.

I can say tons about this topic but I’m not going to.

I will say this though.

When you purchase organic American spirit cigarettes (owned by RJ Reynolds btw (camel cigarettes))…

They say there are no additives in the tobacco.

Actually, that’s not true, but we’ll get to that later.

So… anyways… it’s illegal in the United States to sell cigarettes without fire retardant! So they put it in the paper! Technically, they’re not lying! That’s why European cigarettes are so popular; they don’t have that law.

Here’s where it gets worse…

Because of the FDA standard of 80%… This loophole allows you to be legally allowed to put 20% of whatever you want into ALL ‘organic’ food!

Scary shit.

_
Eat your greens, they say…

__
A doctor friend of mine told me that he’s cutting out solanums… for health reasons. Solanums contain lectins, which I wrote about in my two previous posts. I ruined my clean run of no lectins/no inflammation, when I used a tad of sunflower oil to cook my breakfast with yesterday morning… having run out of olive oil, and today I am bloated and earlier today it felt like I had rocks in my stomach. The ailment is now subsiding and I threw the sunflower oil down the kitchen sink… where it belongs.

Oh… and my short-term memory was compromised earlier today too, my hair got dehydrated, and I currently have some fibro pain in my lower back and hips. F you lectins.

Also… since going lectin-free, my fibromyalgia pains and fatigue were also drastically subsided and became virtually non-existent.

_
This:

precisionnutrition.com/all-about-lectins Yesterday morning I experienced what can only be called a massive surge in inflammation, shortly after eating some free range chicken. I rested for a good few hours and drank a potent detox tea until it subsided, and then I went to the shops. :smiley:

Chickens that eat corn pass the lectins in the corn on to us, so swapping meat out for pastured/grass fed options solves the problem of inflammation by proxy… but this does beg the question: just what kind of corn are they eating?

I abstained from dinner/meal no. 2, to give my digestive system a rest, and felt fantastic and fully-recovered in the morning, for having done so. Notable benefits are: lack of fatigue, lack of muscle pain/fibromyalgia, lack of inflammation/so more-apparent muscle tone, lack of brain fog/so excellent short-term memory, unsuppressed libido/not feeling slightly aspergic any more.
__
mindbodygreen.com/articles/ … in-lectins
Foods High In Lectins: What To Avoid To Heal Your Gut
20 Feb 2020 — According to Steven Gundry, M.D., lectins destroy your gut and cause inflammation. … which opens with a dive into lectins and the science behind Gundry’s … These are foods that no human ate until about 10,000 years … “Free- range” means the cattle and chicken are eating corn, and, therefore, so are you.
You’ve visited this page 2 times. Last visit: 02/04/21

Steven Gundry, M.D., made waves in 2017 when he released The Plant Paradox, a book that made the assertion that some of the health world’s favorite foods—staples like quinoa and squash—were high in a gut-irritating, inflammatory protein called lectins. Now, he’s back with The Plant Paradox Cookbook, which opens with a dive into lectins and the science behind Gundry’s recommended diet before getting into 100 delicious, easy, and, yes, lectin-free recipes. In this excerpt, Gundry shares his list of foods to avoid and the reasons behind each.
The basic premise of the Plant Paradox program is that once you remove the inflammatory agents (aka lectins) from your diet, your body is able to stop throwing all its resources and energy into dealing with continual damage and go into restorative mode, where excess weight can be released and diseases can be healed. To that end, here are the basic categories of foods that are excluded from the Plant Paradox program. These are foods that no human ate until about 10,000 years ago—and today we are still woefully ill-equipped to digest them. Let’s chat briefly about what makes these foods off-limits.

Check this out: soy causes cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl … 23424title

It’s more complicated than that. Westerners have more trouble with soy than easterners. There’s enzyme interference in westerners.

Like, for example… if you’re going to take a pancreatic enzyme to reduce cancer cells, soy will neutralize it. Biochemistry is extremely complex when you’re looking at all the adaptations in various populations.

Someone said: “Check this out: soy causes cancer”

…and yet they extol the virtues of a vegan/high lectin diet.

I agree. Problem with these studies are that people (even rats) are not monolithic.

I read an article once about a woman with type 2 diabetes having an extended visit to a tribe in Africa and it was cured. Fucking amazing! Really, when you think about it, what does western culture know, or even worse, what are they hiding?

You mean type 1 diabetes? Type 2 diabetes becomes irrelevant with good weight loss and a low carb intake.

Lectin is disconcerting because it’s in so many foods. And peanut butter, yumminess, is horribly full of it.

Both types…

hindawi.com/journals/jdr/2016/4602820/

_
Raw fruits and vegetables and pollen allergy syndrome do not go together during Spring-pollen season… otherwise One can suffer a very unfortunate turn of events.