My own invention (patent it - get it done!)

When I was 14 years old, a string ended up partially in a cup of water.

When I woke up the next morning, the string was entirely wet and water was dripping on the table.

I realized in that instance (probably with dilated pupils) that the string was causing the water to “defy gravity”

In that moment, I realized that if you changed the molecular structure of the string, that the water would excellerate faster, being able to power a turbine.

If you need my consultation, I’ll help you.

My actual job is much more cosmic than this though, which is why I tend not to involve myself in human stuff. Plus, I know humans don’t need me to create this.

This is clean, sustainable energy… the water just goes back to the source.

I’ve invented so many things over the years that I actually forget things that I invented (30 years ago)

What you have described here is displacement that was discovered over 2000 years ago by Archimedes so you cannot claim it as your own unfortunately
But still I would be very interested to know what you have actually invented - given how you apparently seem to be quite prolific in that department ?
And what about your latest invention - the hyper dimensional mirrors - how are they coming along ? Do you have any idea when will they be finished ?

Lol, yeah, why does water do that…? Guess water likes to stick to itself - surface tension/cohesion and menisci. And likes to stick to the string too - adhesion. So if a molecule of water sticks to the string, and then drags up another water molecule behind it, which then sticks to another bit of string, dragging up another water molecule, then it kind of piggybacks up itself.

Does it scale up…? is the big question.

If it did, you could build a kind of perpetual motion hydroelectric device. :smiley: A resevoir at the bottom, stings dipping in, transferring water to the top, a fall over a turbine. Voila, free power.

Sounds too good to be true though somehow.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capillary_action

There’s probably a length limit to how long a tubule the water can climb, but you could always use a step-pyramid design I guess. Probably have to create a shielded absolutely sterile enviroment too, to stop the tubules getting gunked up.

I would like it to ultimately be used in the oceans (70% salt!). Talk about “gunking up”!

I think however, that the magnetic could be used to move water up very large tubes that don’t have the substance to go through (real non-substance tubes (just air vacuums))

Try making a prototype - something like a little waterfall in an empty aquarium or something. Can’t imagine the materials would be very expensive.

Not sure magnetic fields would affect water though.

Oh it does. The only thing that “defies gravity” is magnetism. This is on an atomic level. I don’t have the money to build a prototype, I scrounge through pennies everyday, and “nobody” gives a fuck about me.

So… I figure if someone ELSE can make the patent and develop it, that it may actually occur.

I don’t think you realize how truly much this world hates me.

I understand it, and fairly similar to works by Maximilian Hell and later Mesmer.

Maybe you can give an example that wasn’t known by monkeys 50.000 years ago?

It’d be very exited to hear about it.

Sure,

The physical elements that attract water are called “cations”.

But we are monkeys, so that’s a trick question!