The scandalous nutrition thread

Please feel free to add your own…

smallfootprintfamily.com/th … canola-oil

just use olive oil i dont use canola oil because its really rapeseed oil and rape is bad

I cook with coconut oil, it tastes great and it’s healthy.

_
Granulated sugar is literally poison, due to the granulation process used

And what about keto diets?

_
Well… my diet is 90% keto, FODMAP, paleo. Humans were never supposed to be eating large percentages of (poisonous) vegetation such as legumes, grains, pulses, nightshades etc… they are literally poison to the all-too human condition, of that which is the piously discerning gut.

Clean fuel or nah… though I think a little bit of nah now and again, does the human constitution a world of good.

I don’t diet anymore.

Better just to eat everything in moderation, mostly whole foods, a bit of junk food, and whatever agrees with your digestion and doesn’t give you too much inflammation.

For me that means quite a bit of meat, potatoes and chickpeas, a bit of bread, cheese, fruit and junk.

And what about the longest living people in the world, the Japanese? Their diet consists mostly of carbohydrates (around 60%) and very little fat. It’s almost the exact opposite of keto diet. But there’s something very attractive about ketosis. (Note that I have fasted, starved, eaten low-calorie diets in the past but never have I ever eaten a diet that is >=50% fat.)

@Gloominary: When I say diet, I mean my every day eating plan, and not a weight-loss plan. I don’t overeat though, as I think that unnecessary activity/cardio to burn off excess calories, is counterproductive to overall optimal health and longevity.

@Magnus: I do eat carbs, in the form of root vegetables and sweet potatoes… to go with my meat or other protein, and not starchy hard-to-digest carbs.

The Healthiest People In The World Eat A Lot Of Carbs

That ^^^ article states, that the high carb intake is needed for increased activity of farming, so would that style of diet benefit a more sedentary lifestyle? I prefer to monitor my carb intake on a day-by-day basis, in relation to that day’s output. The world’s healthiest countries all mainly have low to moderate carb diets.

I’d say I eat similar to this, below, except for the top-tier and dairy element… of which I abstain from, and have substituted with alcohol… on the weekends.

I sort of have a flexible eating plan myself.
I try not to be extreme or rigid in my plan, like I have to eat exactly x amount of calories a day, or eat as little as possible, or completely avoid a, b and c food groups.
I’m comfortable with my weight, so I try to eat under 2500 calories, to avoid gaining weight.
I eat almost everything I like, but some things more than others, because some things bother me.
For example I can’t eat much wheat or dairy without getting inflammation, but I can eat a little.
I don’t think it’s the gluten or the lactose, because I’ve ate gluten and lactose free, and they still bother me.
I think it’s the wheat and dairy themselves.
Scientific thinking is overly reductive at times, sometimes it’s the whole thing, that’s the issue.

I eat from every food group, but I eat more from some food groups than others, not because of some abstract theory, like man didn’t evolve to eat meat (vegetarianism) or animals (veganism), or man didn’t evolve to eat much carbs (keto), or man didn’t evolve to cook or process food (rawism), or man didn’t evolve to eat dairy and foods you can’t eat raw or unprocessed (paleo), but because some food groups or specific foods within those food groups give me inflammation.
While some food groups like dairy tend to be more inflammatory than others, some people seem to do fine with them.
I try to eat mostly unprocessed foods, because generally they’re more nutritious and nontoxic, but occasionally unprocessed foods can be a bit toxic, and sometimes my body gets tired of digesting unprocessed foods, it just needs a quick pick-me-up.
And of course I try to minimize my consumption of chemicals.

I have no idea how many calories I consume, but it’s very difficult to gain weight on my eating habits, so I guess I don’t really need to know how many… :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t eat either anymore either, for the same reason as you… I’m long past missing them now, but I still crave cheese and baked goods sometimes. sigh

A funny story though… I ate some dairy (cheese, and cream and butter in the mash potatoes) and had zero symptoms… I put this down to the produce coming straight from the dairy farm, and so having zero preservatives.

It might be the preservatives… the current strains of preservatives and additives are toxic af, and all the medical profession can say, is to not eat it if it makes you sick. The FSA said the same, but alluded to and mentioned to me, how produce takes much longer to spoil… if at all, and I mentioned that the shelf life of dairy had more than doubled from 4 days to 11. Frankenstein food really, lol.

Yea… coz who would choose to not eat yummy things, if they had a choice? No-one, that’s who!

I’m done with occasional indulging, as it doesn’t do anything for me but make me sick. I’m past caring and drooling over forbidden foods, as I tell myself it’s for the best and that the bloated look is not a good look, lol. Mind over matter, I guess.

_
Wasabi.? who knew. :neutral_face:

Is wasabi bad for your heart?
This can be a great thing when the stress is a lion running after you. But like wasabi, too much of anything at the wrong time can be bad. The surge of stress hormones may overstimulate and overwhelm your heart muscles. That may make your heart muscles essentially go, “dude, I can’t handle this,” and break down.26 Sept 2019

Good thing I’m allergic to the (fake) stuff anyway, and why do they have to make it toxic by riddling it with E numbers green… why not just say… well yeah, everybody knows it’s horse radish, so might as well leave it white. But no, they gotta literally make it toxic green.

Yea if you only eat whole foods, you get full quicker and stay full longer.
Pretty hard to eat much more calories than you need.

I need to further reduce them from my diet, getting sick of my sinusitis and tinnitus flaring up, among other things.
You got rid of them completely, you must have strong will power.

Could be many reasons for that.
Maybe potatoes kind of diluted the stuff that’s toxic for you in the dairy, so you didn’t get the full brunt of them at once.
Your body was more able to eliminate them bit by bit instead of being overwhelmed by them.
Kind of like how food absorbs alcohol so it doesn’t get you as drunk.
Could also be that you gave your body a break from them for a while, and so it was more able to deal with them.
Maybe potatoes have some dairy-toxin neutralizing properties, altho doubtful.

Like you say, could be the chemicals in them, or that they’re GMO, I haven’t experimented much with grass fed dairy, so not sure.
I’ve experimented with more organic, natural wheat breads, and different types of white-like grains, barley, rye, but to no avail, still reacted.
I seem to do much better with rice, corn and chemically free beans, especially chickpeas, than wheat and wheat-like grains.

Well, to each their own.
Not sure if I’ll ever be willing and able to completely give up wheat, dairy and junk, but definitely thinking of cutting back on them soon.

…thing is about inflammation, it’s not about how much you eat but what you eat… I’ve been trying to incorporate some citrus fruit once or twice a week, and the body said Uh uh! …and now …no fruit …no inflammation, in a matter of days. I wonder if they were GMO oranges. :-s

I think I’ll stick to my meat n two veg, eggs, coffee, and nuts diet… with the odd banana thrown in, for extra energy’s sake.

I simply got sick, of being constantly sick and inflamed, but I’m working on 100% zero-symptoms… I’ve been there before, but got bored with it/the strict eating plan, and I think I need to go back to that place of 100% full-health… of which I’m pretty-much nearly there.

A few months back you had recommended detoxing, and a Physician said likewise, and it’s worked wonders on my entirety, physical constitution, and mood… it was a 30-day Chinese mixed-leaf detox-tea, and I’ve been on it for 4 months… helped with a more efficient digestion and freed-up energy too.

Nah! I simply think that it was the unadulterated quality of the produce, so no additives or GMO in them… funny how some foods can really wear a person out.

Best to stick with what doesn’t deplete the system but boosts it… gluten-free bread might be a good alternative to wheat-based breads and tastes just as good.

I’ve never really ate much junk-food, so getting sick off standard fare is very disheartening, and then once that is gotten over, it’s all about getting on with it by eating what boosts one’s health.
Not as boring as it might seem either… :smiley:

How’s that going for ya?

I’m going for a 100% inflammation-free diet, and I currently have zero inflammation… the hardest part is sticking to it, but I’ve now got to convince my mind to stick with it… I’ve done it before, so I can do it again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually Mag,

Humans NEED inflammation to survive!!!

The problem is what’s called “chronic inflammation”.

When a mosquito bites you, the body immediately uses inflammation to defend itself. When you catch a cold or flu, the body immediately uses inflammation to protect you, when there are harmful bacteria in your gut, the body immediately uses inflammation to contain and destroy them.

If you have zero inflammation as you claim, you’ll drop dead within a year.

_
Why would anyone think I meant helpful inflammation,
as opposed to the toxin-induced, unhelpful kind… mansplaining at me? I think so.

The topic was nutrition, not illnesses.