The state of physics is worse than I thought

These are maths that apply to a certain subatomic scale, not fucking, descriptions of psychological phenomena.

“Oh, if quantum fields can be entangled, so too can minds be entangled!”

Fuck out of here.

And in obsrvr’s case, at least he has the decency to rebel against his imagined mystical interpretations of quantum physics. But that is what they are, imagined mystical interpretations based on a lack of understanding or interest in actual subatomic physics.

If you don’t know, just say you don’t know, homeslice. Save the theatrics.

“Fuck out of here.”

I have tried and tried to help our philosophers here be a bit more critical of their use of the word ‘mind’ when talking philosophically, but to no avail. Still to this day ILP tells me that my mind is an acausal, immaterial agency that occupies an inaccessible space inside my noggin somewhere.

Can you believe that shit?

Aventador the state of physics isn’t just worse than you thought.

• It is worse than you think.

All QM does is show what many already knew:

Thought moves faster than light.

It’s called quantum entanglement.

Lol there’s another one.

‘the speed of thought’. Thoughts don’t move, tho.

U guys are hopeless.

I can traverse whole multiverses in seconds with my mind.

You’re weird man. It’s obvious that thoughts move.

Here is the kicker about quantum physics though. If you ask “but OK, what you are saying is that in actuality it is either X or Y but the mathematics can’t express that.”

No.

No.

For fuck’s sake I am sounding like Feynman now.

Whatever, the point in quantum physics is that the mathematics IS the reality, because the truth is we have no fucking clue what either X or Y is. It is just quantifiable information our instruments give us. some say it’s strings, some say it’s a superficial holographic membrane of information, some say they would rather not venture a guess because that is what it would be, a guess. We don’t know. It could be the end-point of the dendrites of transdimensional monsters and that is what entanglement is, dendrites extending from the same monster but ending up in a different place. It could be a sick joke from God. It could be, I believe and do hope it is, a type of dynamic so unique that we can’t compare it to anything, and will have to discover it as we go. It would have to be either X or Y if it was simple particle matter. And what we are saying is not even that it is not, but that we don’t think it is, because of how the math that correctly interprets the readings we get works. It is not math that even obliquely behaves like waves or partiles or any of these immense obscenities of a drunken God.

To use the rats again, it is like complaining that rats can turn upside down and not sink like the ship they are in. Surely this negates the existence of rats.

You are not describing a physical picture. Which some people attempt to do, tracing back from Einstein’s relativity. But it becomes so convoluted that it makes Ptolemy seem straight-forward in his explanations of how orbits actually are circular. String theorists do to, and probably one thing that allowed the ease in accepting the information paradigm is the ways in which string theory imagines stuff. The dozens of dimensions they postulate, with a string that you can compare to looking at a chord in 1-d space. You see a dot, or in this case a string, but if you apply all the dimensions it doesn’t have any kind of normal shape. Whatever, forget the dimensions, call them information variables.

Entangled quantum fields are touching. What is touching? We don’t know. But by God we know they are touching. Like astronomers of old did not know what stars were, but they could tell you exactly where they would be 1636 years from then with a margin of error of fractions of a millimeter in your measuring instrument.

This freaks people out, they were expecting another Newton or another Einstein. Me, the more I learn, the more I like quantum physics. It corrsponds to the actual world. It is weird and not designed to cater to your stupid monkey brain’s idea of coherence. It was your stupid monkey brain that came up with coherence to interpret it, not the other way around. And it must be this very fact that puts a bug up mystics’s asses, like Plato.

Abandon all conceptions of waves or particles, all ye who enter.

I mean OK whatever let’s say your thought speed conjecture is true. Whatever the case, that is not what quantum mechanics shows. It would be true independently of quantum mechanics’s findings.

For example, many physicists are now saying that the atomic principle is correct, because if the entropy-limit demonstrated by black holes is true, then there must be a scale below which you can’t split anymore because more entropy, infinite entropy for infinite splitting, would be required. But, already, the modern ‘atom’ showed that if you split down enough, you no longer find matter like we think of matter. Atoms are largely empty space. ‘Empty space.’ Already, the lesson was not that after you cut down enough, by virtue of the contradictions, you can’t cut more, but that if you cut down enough , by virtue of the contradictions, it results that you are looking at something else entirely.

And really, for all the butt-hurtment, it was Einstein himself who laid the groundwork for calling space and time interpretations or even expressions of physical dynamics, rather than features or conditions of it. Already Eintein put the existence of time and space into question. These new physicists are running with it, because it makes sense with the readings they are getting, with the math.

They now think of information as interacting, and these interactions give space and time as manifestations. So, from a modern physicist’s point of view, OK there are other interpretations too, it is not that entangled quantum fields are separated by space, but that space springs up around each of the fields as a phyical consequence of their dynamics. Incidentally, the other point of view is that a worm hole connects them. All views hold that entangled fields are, indeed, touching. Because, like all of us, they do like Einstein and do agree that freaky action from a distance is absurd. They are touching. It is simply that they way they are touching is informational, and space, the way we idiot giant meat collectors think of things touching, actually has nothing to do with actual touching, but is an expression, mathematically traceable and describable, of quantum fields doing whatever, this or that.

You can think of space and time as a space field and a time field, generated by quantum field dynamics. And we, peopleses, look at these fields and find things in them. And what happens in these generated fields does have consistent dynamics that we can describe, for example, as gravity. Just as when you split down you start seeing very different dynamics but it is the same matter you are splitting, so too when you start zooming out, the dynamics will begin to change radically but pertain to the same matter. Gravity, and thermodynamics generally, does apply to these uniquely weird tiny things called quantum fields.

So in a way you can say that you can find quantum fields floating in the space and time fields they generate.

What I like about the first interpretation is that it gives a better reason for the bendiness. The worm hole thing requires spacetime to have all sorts of dimensions, and these dimensions to bend in contort in such ways that it brings things separate in spacetime into contact. But the first interpretation simply says that the manifestations of these fields generate spacetime, and if spacetime is generated then it is easier, even with a wave-dynamic mentality, to understand why it would be so twisty and contorted.

And you know what Occam said. If it’s easier and explains just as accurately, then it was come up with by a cleverer scientist.

"The map IS the terrain!

(\sqrt-4 ) is -2 AND +2 — at the same time - Get it?

You just can’t understand the true reality! Stop trying."

[size=85](else my equation isn’t worth bloody shit and I have to give back my grant money to that Lorentz bloke)[/size]

Holy christ I just had a breakthrough.

Quiet!

Let me think.

The point is that when all you have IS the map, you have no choice but to interpret it literally. We don’t even know what it is a map of. But, heck, if you do interpret it literally you can actually accurately navigate, and it even corresponds with what is on maps of terrains we do see. But it is a mistake to presume that thus it shows the same kind of terrain. It doesn’t that’s why you have to interpret the math literally.

Look at it like this: X and Y are arbitrary.

There’s no need to freak out, we are still operating under Einstein’s assumption that God does not play dice.

“We don’t need Science!
We already have the BIBLE!
Of course it is literal truth!
Truth is arbitrary anyway!”

[size=85](else people will stop listening to us and might do anything)[/size]

You are confusing concepts.