Stay Tuned: Part II

Stay tuned Part II: Trump and the legal system.

Will he be arrested? Will he be prosecuted? Will he be convicted of crimes? Will he end up in jail and then sent to prison?

One take on it:

Impeachment’s Over. Bring On the Criminal Investigations.

nytimes.com/2021/02/15/opin … e=Homepage

[b]…it seems to me that if McConnell couldn’t behave honorably, he did the next best thing with the speech he gave after voting to acquit.

“There is no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events” of Jan. 6, McConnell said. The attack on the Capitol, he argued, was an effect of the “intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories, orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters’ decision or else torch our institutions on the way out.” Once it began, said McConnell, Trump “watched television happily, happily, as the chaos unfolded.”[/b]

And…

[b]In the past, Republicans seemed ready to try to stop any federal Trump investigation. As The Financial Times reported in December, before Democrats won two pivotal Senate seats in Georgia, “Republicans have made clear that if they control the Senate, they would seek protection for Mr. Trump before approving any attorney general nominee put forward by Mr. Biden.”

Should Trump actually face legal jeopardy, plenty of Republicans will still howl about a witch hunt. McConnell might even join them. But his words can’t easily be taken back.

“There has to be a nationwide reckoning with the gravity and horror of these events,” Raskin said of Trump’s coup attempt. “I hope that the impeachment trial has started that educational process.” It has, and Republicans can no longer pretend that the trial should be the end of it.[/b]

And that’s before we get to all of the other contexts in which Trump might be charged with committing crimes.

Still, my gut feeling is that whatever is unfolding “behind the curtains” in Washington – given my own rendition of the ruling class/deep state – it is not likely that Trump will ever actually be imprisoned for anything that he did. If for no other reason that the “powers that be” in Democratic/liberal faction of the ruling class don’t want to stir up Trump’s base.

The idea being that once the pandemic is contained and the actual economy is more in sync with Wall Street, Trumpworld may well just wither away.

Stay tuned…

[quote=“iambiguous”]
Stay tuned Part II: Trump and the legal system.

Will he be arrested? Will he be prosecuted? Will he be convicted of crimes? Will he end up in jail and then sent to prison?

One take on it:

Impeachment’s Over. Bring On the Criminal Investigations.

nytimes.com/2021/02/15/opin … e=Homepage

[b]…it seems to me that if McConnell couldn’t behave honorably, he did the next best thing with the speech he gave after voting to acquit.

“There is no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events” of Jan. 6, McConnell said. The attack on the Capitol, he argued, was an effect of the “intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories, orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters’ decision or else torch our institutions on the way out.” Once it began, said McConnell, Trump “watched television happily, happily, as the chaos unfolded.”[/b]

And…

[b]In the past, Republicans seemed ready to try to stop any federal Trump investigation. As The Financial Times reported in December, before Democrats won two pivotal Senate seats in Georgia, “Republicans have made clear that if they control the Senate, they would seek protection for Mr. Trump before approving any attorney general nominee put forward by Mr. Biden.”

Should Trump actually face legal jeopardy, plenty of Republicans will still howl about a witch hunt. McConnell might even join them. But his words can’t easily be taken back.

“There has to be a nationwide reckoning with the gravity and horror of these events,” Raskin said of Trump’s coup attempt. “I hope that the impeachment trial has started that educational process.” It has, and Republicans can no longer pretend that the trial should be the end of it.[/b]

And that’s before we get to all of the other contexts in which Trump might be charged with committing crimes.

Still, my gut feeling is that whatever is unfolding “behind the curtains” in Washington – given my own rendition of the ruling class/deep state – it is not likely that Trump will ever actually be imprisoned for anything that he did. If for no other reason that the “powers that be” in Democratic/liberal faction of the ruling class don’t want to stir up Trump’s base.

The idea being that once the pandemic is contained and the actual economy is more in sync with Wall Street, Trumpworld may well just wither away.

Stay tuned.

“The idea being that once the pandemic is contained and the actual economy is more in sync with Wall Street, Trumpworld may well just wither away.”

I wouldn’t bet on it.

That’s why the thread says “stay tuned”.

Part II because Part I focused on whether Trump would leave office “peacefully”. Or, instead, go full monty, declare martial law and retain power.

No doubt many didn’t bet on Trump leaving “peacefully”.

Stay tuned for this part.

Yeah, that betting on averiges may be a less risky tact, however as may turn out to be less predictable as well.

The peaceful retreat may further spark more depreciation of values; institutional it otherwise, or, it may signify the the opposite hypicracu.

A loose loose situation, unless desperation will reignite a good faith attempt by reason of necessity.

In any case it ibemoans of contraversy, regardless of which turn he/ fortune takes.