Thoughts after having had the vaccine

I had my AstraZeneca jab two weeks ago today. I wasn’t particularly happy about doing so, but my main concern was for others around me, particularly those that I work with.

I felt nothing at all on the day, but had a fairly restless night, and the following day felt quite weak with a mild headache. That had pretty much cleared up by the next day, but I’ve noticed a mild pain in my left elbow since then, as if I’ve bumped it on something.

Why were you not happy about it?

I don’t like the idea of putting chemicals and artificial drugs in my body, and always try and avoid prescription medication, for example.

But did You not feel a sense of relief for not fearIng infection like You used to? And was this Your first shot?

Yes, it was my first shot. I suppose I felt a slight sense of relief about lessening my chances of being infected, but that wasn’t a huge fear anyway, given my age and general good health.

You cover your body with artificial clothes. You drink purified water with additives to stop bacteria. If you drink anything with alcohol they are artificial; all cooked food is artificial; you put artificail stuff on your hair and I suppose you use soap - that is artificial too.
Your home is artificial and the computer you are using is artificial. Your whole like is artificial unless you are living in the open and covering yourself with animal pelts.
There is no doubt that you daily inhale a range of bacteria and viruses, many are friendly some are not. In fact you have very little idea of what you might be imbibing. But one thing is clear, the vaccine is probably the safest thing you are going to put in your body this year.

And BTW
When you are older and actually need medication you will be shovelling that stuff in and you will live much longer because of it.

None of those things are injected though. When we eat, we have natural defences to protect ourselves against infection, and the same when we touch things in the environment, or breathe things in. They are not perfect, of course, but we can improve them with a healthy lifestyle.

I agree that the vaccine is much safter than most things, and I did, after all, choose to have it, which I didn’t have to.

Not an especially valid distinction.
If it were not for these evil vaccinations most of us would probably died in childhood.

The issue with regard to the covid vaccine was, for me, about whether it was actually necessary, not whether it was “evil” (your word, not mine). It seems obvious to me that one should not inject things into one’s body that are not necessary, no matter how safe they are. Speaking personally, it was clearly not necessary. I decided to have it because of the benefits to others, not myself.

It is probably more necessary that any other vaccine.
The invention of vaccines has made a monumental transformation to our lives. Vaccination relies on people accepting the vaccine as a duty. Diseases have been wiped out because of vaccines because they are widely distributed. Diseases only re-emerge because people are skeptical.
There are several reasons why even a young person ought to get vaccinated.

Well, yes, and that’s why I had it.

So basically you were pressured and manipulated by a conniving and untrustworthy media and medical establishment to get a “vaccine”(that has been reported to cause microscopic blood clots) that you absolutely did not need and which will absolutely not “benefit others”

No more perhaps than you are pressured and manipulated by those who share you own objectivist “one of us” mentality to insist that only those who think exactly as you do about vaccinations [and everything else] are even entitled to weigh in on it.

The vaccination controversy…is it just one more platform for you to reduce everything down to your own arrogant “my way or the highway” dogmas relating, perhaps, to the fulminating fanatic mentality of those over at Know Thyself? If you embrace a particular behavior it’s only “natural”. If someone rejects that behavior it’s because they are brainwashed to embrace a “social construct” that the despicable liberals and left wingers use to control the world.

Right?

There is very good evidence that the vaccine rollout has been a great success. The mortality rate for those who are hospitalised is something like 5% of that of the previous wave, and fewer people are being hosptalised too.

How about “embracing” the notion of holding off on an experimental vaccine until there are long term studies on its side effects? ( i.e. not rushing to the nearest fucking McDonald’s which only in clown world literally doubles as a vaccination site). How about the fact that majority of people that went and got the vaccine didn’t even consult with their own doctor first because they were in such a mad, media induced rush to get injected with the miracle cure. I guess holding off for a minute and questioning the data makes one a “fanatic” now…

Hysterical nonsense.

Things that cause blood clots:
Prolonged sitting (often the case with travel when you are forced to sit for long periods in an airplane, a train, or a car)
Prolonged bed rest (often the case with surgery or illness)
Pregnancy.
Smoking.
Obesity.
Birth control pills/hormone replacement therapy/breast cancer medicines.

Evidence present concerning vaccinated people getting clots:

“The Committee carried out an in-depth review of 62 cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis and 24 cases of splanchnic vein thrombosis reported in the EU drug safety database (EudraVigilance) as of 22 March 2021, 18 of which were fatal. The cases came mainly from spontaneous reporting systems of the EEA and the UK, where around 25 million people had received the vaccine.”

Look at the figures.

18 fatalities cases in 25 million
Chances of getting a blood clot after the vaccine less that 1 in a million.

Chances of getting blood clot
The chances of developing DVT are about 1 in 1000 per year, although certain factors greatly increase this risk. Young people are less likely than older people to develop DVT. The cumulative chance of developing DVT over a lifetime ranges from 2 percent to 5 percent.

Whether or not the vaccine was responsible for ANY of those cases is unknown.

The UK vaccine rollout is one of the great success stories of Brexit, and fully justifies my decision to vote to leave the EU five years ago, despite the vilification I received for it afterwards. The EU vaccine scheme has been a disaster in comparison to the UK’s.

Brexit has nothing whatever to do with it.
The reason it was so well done is because the science was here in the UK. And some of that science was made possible because we were in the EU.
The big problems of Brexit are yet to come - such as loosing some of the links with EU science that made the vaccine possible in the first place.
This is a massive success story of the organistation of the NHS.

If we had still be in the EU the chances are we would have signed up for the EU vaccine scheme, and tens of thousands more people would have died.

Outside the constraints of the EU our universities can build up closer links with others round the world. I think it’s something like three of the top ten universities in the world are in the UK, including the number one spot (Oxford), and none at all are in the EU.

I agree that the NHS is world beating.