DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

For intuitive and critical discussions, from spirituality to theological doctrines. Fair warning: because the subject matter is personal, moderation is strict.

Moderator: Dan~

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Kriswest » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:58 am

You cannot worship one with out the other . The fact you identify evil as you do,, is worship.
I will be bitchy, cranky, sweet, happy, kind, pain in the ass all at random times from now on. I am embracing my mentalpause until further notice. Viva lack of total control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not a test,,, this is my life right now. Have a good day and please buckle up for safety reasons,, All those in high chairs, go in the back of the room.
User avatar
Kriswest
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 20554
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:26 pm
Location: stuck in permanent maternal mode.

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:07 am

Kriswest wrote:You cannot worship one with out the other . The fact you identify evil as you do,, is worship.


So if I identity an inbound missile, about to blow me up, I am worshipping the missile as well? If I identity the random guy who robbed me, I am worshiping him too?
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Prismatic567 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:36 am

Arminius wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Your psychologist references are off mark for the same reason that you are - a complete lack of understanding of what morality and evil actually is and is actually all about.

One of my forte is on Philosophy of Moral & Ethics with emphasis of Kant and in general. Such research as the above will substantiate many of Kant's fundamentals on his Philosophy of Morality, e.g. his Categorical Imperative and his full Framework and System of Morality and Ethics.
Prismatic567 wrote:
Arminius wrote:You are merely misusing Kant's philosophy.

You "statements" in this and another thread referring to the same subject indicate that you know almost nothing about moral and ethics, not much about Kant's philosophy, and, moreover, nothing at all about genetics, learning, children, education.

I have helped, thus supported you in some other threads where you said some true words about Kant. But in this and another thread referring to the same subject you are really talking illogical, incoherent nonsense about things you know almost nothing about, in some cases even nothing at all.
You are always blabbering your condemnations of my views without any proper arguments nor justifications. That is not the way for any credible intellectual and philosophical discussions.

You are the one who is „always blabbering“ his „condemnations“ of other „views without any proper arguments nor justifications“. So you are also the one who is not capable of prticipating in „credible intellectual and philosophical discussions“.

Note: I have quoted your problematic statements which can be found in all your threads.

Prismatic567 wrote:Btw, I have spent always 3 years full time basis studying Kant and his philosophy ....

So it seems that you will have to spent probably more than 30 years from now on in order to undertand what Kant was talking about. Your errors are not a ressult of Kant'’s philosophy but of your false interpretation and consequently of your false derivations from it.

If Kant lived today, he would be the first one who agreed with me and said to you: "Du bist nicht vernünftig, sondern doof oder zynisch“.

"Aufklärung ist der Ausgang des Menschen aus seiner selbstverschuldeten Unmündigkeit. Unmündigkeit ist das Unvermögen, sich seines Verstandes ohne Leitung eines anderen zu bedienen. Selbstverschuldet ist diese Unmündigkeit, wenn die Ursache derselben nicht am Mangel des Verstandes, sondern der Entschließung und des Mutes liegt, sich seiner ohne Leitung eines anderen zu bedienen. Sapere aude! Habe Mut, dich deines eigenen Verstandes zu bedienen! ist also der Wahlspruch der Aufklärung.“ - Immanuel Kant, Beantwortung der Frage: Was ist Aufklärung?, 1784.

"Der Mohammedianism unterscheidet sich durch Stolz, weil er, statt der Wunder, an den Siegen und der Unterjochung vieler Völker die Bestätigung seines Glaubens findet, und seine Andachtsgebräuche alle von der mutigen Art sind.“ - Immanuel Kant, Die Religion innerhalb der Grenzen der bloßen Vernunft, 1793, 4. Stück, 2. Teil, § 2, A 269, B 285.

"Der Mensch ist ein Tier, was eine Erziehung nötig hat.“ - Immanuel Kant, Reflexionen über die Anthropolgie, 1798.

What you are doing here in this webforum is just the oppositie of what Kant wanted his readers to do.

And what you are saying about "silly and stupid“ is nothing else than your self-description. You have given no single argument for your silly and stupid „statements“. Note: You are the one who has opened this thread. So you have to give coherent arguments for your subject. But you have given no single one. That is in fact silly and stupid.


Correction; {}
"Btw, I have spent {almost} 3 years full time basis studying Kant and his philosophy ..."

I admit I do not know German.
If you insist in using German, then there is something wrong with you.

So far, you have not justified where I am wrong at all.

Just show me, like;
Prismatic567 stated 'Y is true' but
the truth as justified is "X".

Btw, don't bring language to mess up the issue,
-any difference in terms of language can be reconciled.
Last edited by Prismatic567 on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Prismatic567 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:49 am

Kriswest wrote:Evil is only a social construct.

Note this;

During the past thirty years, moral, political, and legal philosophers have become increasingly interested in the concept of evil. This interest has been partly motivated by ascriptions of ‘evil’ by laymen, social scientists, journalists, and politicians as they try to understand and respond to various atrocities and horrors of the past eighty years, e.g., the Holocaust, the Rwandan genocide, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and killing sprees by serial killers such as Jeffery Dahmer.
It seems that we cannot capture the moral significance of these actions and their perpetrators by calling them ‘wrong’ or ‘bad’ or even ‘very very wrong’ or ‘very very bad.’ We need the concept of evil.
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/concept-evil/


A certain range of acts that are negative to the well-being of humanity had existed since eons ago and getting worse.

The point here is we need a concept to capture the moral significance of these actions and their perpetrators to enable humanity to address the related effectively.

So evil [defined] as a concept in this sense is not a social construct like institutionalized religions, various ideologies and the likes.

What I have presented is to trace evil [as defined] acts to their ultimate root causes within the DNA and the fetal development of the neurons in the brain.

If humanity were to focus on these ultimate root causes then there is a good possibility of preventing and reducing evil acts within humanity in the future.

At present most people are merely fire-fighting the issues of evil acts by focusing on the secondary causes.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:53 am

Remove the DNA potential of growing a human who commits acts of evil and you will will have a corpse.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Prismatic567 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:31 am

James S Saint wrote:Remove the DNA potential of growing a human who commits acts of evil and you will will have a corpse.
Ignorant again. I am not proposing that we do something to the DNA and neural connectivity now. What is critical is for the majority to understand the ultimate root causes as mentioned in the OP and other posts herein.

Once we are aware of the ultimate root causes we can strive towards dealing with the DNA and neural connectivity in the brain in the future, e.g.

1. Genomics
Within the next 100 years it is possible for humanity to manipulate any DNA factors that contribute to 'evil' [as defined].
Obviously there are many potential of complicated side-effects in manipulating the DNA but it is nevertheless a possibility and executable when we have developed fool proofs methods.

2. Connectome
    A connectome \kəˈnɛktoʊm\ is a comprehensive map of neural connections in the brain, and may be thought of as its "wiring diagram". More broadly, a connectome would include the mapping of all neural connections within an organism's nervous system.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectome

Within the next 100 years, it is possible for humanity to map out all [if not the major and critical ones] the neural connectivity in the human brain.
With various technology, e.g. nano-technology and other advance technology humanity would be able to promote stronger inhibitors that will enable one to modulate the potentially evil impulses before they turned 'evil' in reality.

Within the next 100 years or more humanity would be able to have access to a diverse range of advance knowledge, technology and self-development programs to manage their potentially evil impulses.

In the meantime where we have people with ostrich-mentality like you, how are we to progress effectively.
I am a progressive human being, a World Citizen, NOT-a-theist and not religious.
Prismatic567
Philosopher
 
Posts: 2854
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:35 am

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:37 am

By manipulating the DNA I don't think we should remove the murder reflex. The murder reflex exists to keep really bad people in check.

When people in society say they are good, yet make your life a living hell, there needs to be a DNA mechanism of hate to keep them in check.

Joker is an example of this, everyday he posts about how evil the world is and politics, but without his hate reflex, he'd be a goodie two-shoes keeping quietly to himself and conforming.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:38 am

I dont advocate nanobots forcing people to be good, meanwhile the world is a living hell and they aren't allowed to be violent. And the nanobots prevent them suicide, which is against the geneva convention and is Torture.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:41 am

Prismatic567 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Remove the DNA potential of growing a human who commits acts of evil and you will will have a corpse.
Ignorant again.

Still accusing of his own guilt.

Prismatic567 wrote:Once we are aware of the ultimate root causes we can strive towards dealing with the DNA and neural connectivity in the brain in the future, e.g.

:lol:
"After we have the trial, we will hang him".

You already proclaim the "root cause" as being the DNA (the foundation of the person). But then you say once you "discover" (aka. "create enough statistics to convince people of our decision"), you will decide what to do about it.
:lol:

..never, never license this guy for a gun. :-?

Prismatic567 wrote:1. Genomics
Within the next 100 years it is possible for humanity to manipulate any DNA factors that contribute to 'evil' [as defined].
Obviously there are many potential of complicated side-effects in manipulating the DNA but it is nevertheless a possibility and executable when we have developed fool proofs methods.

2. Connectome
    A connectome \kəˈnɛktoʊm\ is a comprehensive map of neural connections in the brain, and may be thought of as its "wiring diagram". More broadly, a connectome would include the mapping of all neural connections within an organism's nervous system.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectome

Within the next 100 years, it is possible for humanity to map out all [if not the major and critical ones] the neural connectivity in the human brain.
With various technology, e.g. nano-technology and other advance technology humanity would be able to promote stronger inhibitors that will enable one to modulate the potentially evil impulses before they turned 'evil' in reality.

Within the next 100 years or more humanity would be able to have access to a diverse range of advance knowledge, technology and self-development programs to manage their potentially evil impulses.

In the meantime where we have people with ostrich-mentality like you, how are we to progress effectively.

Your defacto definition of "Evil" is "Whatever our socialist regime declares unwanted behavior".

You are proving to be a true sociopath.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:50 am

James, the reason for the DnA machine is exactly this reason. People like this exist who want to make everyone's life a living hell for the greater "good". Unless we change their DnA we will be forever subjugated to their tyranny. DnA is the only option, other wise they will just infect us with nanobats.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:05 am

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Unless we change their DnA we will be forever subjugated to their tyranny. DnA is the only option, other wise they will just infect us with nanobats.

What would be the significance of the difference?
    A) Force all life on Earth to be as dictated via DNA manipulation
    B) Force all life on Earth to be as dictated via nanobots
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:32 am

No just humans, especially politicians.

Only politicians/law-makers etc need their mind DnA changed, the rest can keep their minds and just make their bodies more pretty with it.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:39 am

:lol:
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Arminius » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Prismatic567 wrote:Correction; {}
"Btw, I have spent {almost} 3 years full time basis studying Kant and his philosophy ..."

Eather you are lying or not capable of studying Kant and his philosophy without knowing that fact.

Prismatic567 wrote:I admit I do not know German.
If you insist in using German, then there is something wrong with you.

So you admit to not have read Kant. I thought so.

So there is something wrong with you.

Prismatic567 wrote:So far, you have not justified where I am wrong at all.

Wrong again. I have justified where you are wrong in almost every post. If you are not capable of reading them, then you obviously do not know English either.

I do not have to repeat my words again and again.

DNA was not known when Kant wrote his books. So Kant did not say anything about "DNA". Your deductions are completely false. Morality is something that must be learned. There is no morality gene. Any statement that there might be a morality gene has been falsified.

What you are saying is false. And it is dangerous too

Prismatic567 wrote:Just show me, like;
Prismatic567 stated 'Y is true' but
the truth as justified is "X".

Prismatic 567 is not capable of showing any tiny hint that his silly "statements" could be true. You have not read Kant', you know nothing about morality, nothing about genetics, nothing about children, nothing about education, ... and so on and so forth. Your posts have shown this fact very clearly, regardless whether you admit it or not.

Prismatic567 wrote:Btw, don't bring language to mess up the issue,
-any difference in terms of language can be reconciled.

Absolutely wrong.

And you forgot to say: "don't bring up to use words against me".

Sorry, but you are just too dumb.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Arminius » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 pm

James S Saint wrote:
Prismatic567 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:Remove the DNA potential of growing a human who commits acts of evil and you will will have a corpse.
Ignorant again.

Still accusing of his own guilt.

Prismatic567 wrote:Once we are aware of the ultimate root causes we can strive towards dealing with the DNA and neural connectivity in the brain in the future, e.g.

:lol:
"After we have the trial, we will hang him".

You already proclaim the "root cause" as being the DNA (the foundation of the person). But then you say once you "discover" (aka. "create enough statistics to convince people of our decision"), you will decide what to do about it.
:lol:

..never, never license this guy for a gun. :-?

Prismatic567 wrote:1. Genomics
Within the next 100 years it is possible for humanity to manipulate any DNA factors that contribute to 'evil' [as defined].
Obviously there are many potential of complicated side-effects in manipulating the DNA but it is nevertheless a possibility and executable when we have developed fool proofs methods.

2. Connectome
    A connectome \kəˈnɛktoʊm\ is a comprehensive map of neural connections in the brain, and may be thought of as its "wiring diagram". More broadly, a connectome would include the mapping of all neural connections within an organism's nervous system.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectome

Within the next 100 years, it is possible for humanity to map out all [if not the major and critical ones] the neural connectivity in the human brain.
With various technology, e.g. nano-technology and other advance technology humanity would be able to promote stronger inhibitors that will enable one to modulate the potentially evil impulses before they turned 'evil' in reality.

Within the next 100 years or more humanity would be able to have access to a diverse range of advance knowledge, technology and self-development programs to manage their potentially evil impulses.

In the meantime where we have people with ostrich-mentality like you, how are we to progress effectively.

Your defacto definition of "Evil" is "Whatever our socialist regime declares unwanted behavior".

You are proving to be a true sociopath.

Yes. Probably he is even more than that.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Okay, to round this up.

Prism is not a sociopath, he is a modern, moderns cannot be sociopaths since they are not as conscious as sociopaths. Sociopaths are fully conscious, almost superconscious. His thoughts and plans are not well thought through, they are basically not fully planned, and thus not fully conscious, but more derived from a trance like state. Unless of course, he is a sociopath, and using reverse psychology.

there is no gene for morality

moderns like to believe that Nurture is everything and gene's don't matter. It is 50/50. I am sure there are many genes that contribute to morality, so the statement "there is no gene for morality" is true in a sense, you will not find one isolated gene that causes morality, but a collection of genes that over the complexities and accidental interactions do.

I am fully aware that my DnA machine can be used to make supersoldiers, or make citizens stupider than they are already. Given how stupid they are how stupid they are becoming it's a risk I'm willing to take. We don't avoid technology because of the potential risk, we don't avoid medicine because evil doctors could potentially make a virus with it, we don't shutdown the internet because it can potentially be used to spy on people. That is cowardice, accepting sickness for fear of the cure. And at this point, we don't have an option, humanity is doomed without it.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Arminius » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:44 pm

It is true that "you will not find one isolated gene that causes morality". And it is also true that even several genes that could cause morality are not findable. His stupid "statements" collapse in any case. The main issue is that his "statements" are not only stupid but also evil, thus dangerous.

He would have to prove that "all humans are born with a potential to be evil", because that is his stupid, false, evil, dangerous "statement". It is not possible to prove that. He is WRONG. His "statement" is FALSE.

Image
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Arminius » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:26 pm

It is possible to falsify his "statement", because there is no single genetic finding, no result. no experiment that can prove his "statement".
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:55 pm

No, that's such a wrong headed way of looking at it.

That's like a blueprint of a house, and you say the house doesn't exist, because you look at individual pages of the blueprints and don't see a house.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:33 pm

If you remove the ability to choose between doing good vs evil, you remove life, because making that choice moment by moment is what life is.
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:40 pm

James S Saint wrote:If you remove the ability to choose between doing good vs evil, you remove life, because making that choice moment by moment is what life is.


And life sux, for the majority of us.
Furthermore, most of us don't even get the opportunity to choose anymore, whatever is deemed "evil" is part of some artificially constructed penal code. And half the time it's not even evil.
trogdor
User avatar
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED
 
Posts: 8311
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Choosing evil is choosing a path that reduces anentropy. It doesn't matter what is declared or dictated as "Evil".
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Arminius » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:21 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:No, that's such a wrong headed way of looking at it.

That's like a blueprint of a house, and you say the house doesn't exist, because you look at individual pages of the blueprints and don't see a house.

No. You are wrong. What he is (and you are) saying is like saying "everything I say is true because it is possible to be true". That is not how science works and how science should work, because, if it does, then it is no science anymore. Moreover: He is misusing a philosopher of the 18th century as his witness for his 21st century "statements". There is no morality gene. Period. :!:
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby Arminius » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:52 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
James S Saint wrote:If you remove the ability to choose between doing good vs evil, you remove life, because making that choice moment by moment is what life is.


And life sux, for the majority of us.

No.

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:Furthermore, most of us don't even get the opportunity to choose anymore, whatever is deemed "evil" is part of some artificially constructed penal code. And half the time it's not even evil.
James S Saint wrote:Choosing evil is choosing a path that reduces anentropy. It doesn't matter what is declared or dictated as "Evil".

People have to learn what "good" and "evil" mean. That is a fact. And this fact is the reason why morality is almost always misused in education, regardless whether in kindergartens, schools, universities, or by the mass media, the political system.
Image
User avatar
Arminius
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:51 pm
Location: Saltus Teutoburgiensis

Re: DNA wise ALL humans are born with a POTENTIAL to be Evil

Postby James S Saint » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Arminius wrote:People have to learn what "good" and "evil" mean. That is a fact. And this fact is the reason why morality is almost always misused in education, regardless whether in kindergartens, schools, universities, or by the mass media, the political system.
Yep.
James S Saint wrote:Choosing evil is choosing a path that reduces anentropy. It doesn't matter what is declared or dictated as "Evil".

How many infants comprehend Anentropy (not counting the ones on this forum)?
Clarify, Verify, Instill, and Reinforce the Perception of Hopes and Threats unto Anentropic Harmony :)
Else
From THIS age of sleep, Homo-sapien shall never awake.

The Wise gather together to help one another in EVERY aspect of living.

You are always more insecure than you think, just not by what you think.
The only absolute certainty is formed by the absolute lack of alternatives.
It is not merely "do what works", but "to accomplish what purpose in what time frame at what cost".
As long as the authority is secretive, the population will be subjugated.

Amid the lack of certainty, put faith in the wiser to believe.
Devil's Motto: Make it look good, safe, innocent, and wise.. until it is too late to choose otherwise.

The Real God ≡ The reason/cause for the Universe being what it is = "The situation cannot be what it is and also remain as it is".
.
James S Saint
ILP Legend
 
Posts: 25976
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Spirituality



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron