My Musical Qabalah.

1. Written on the night of September 22nd.

“So as each Master [of the Temple] has his own appointed Work to perform in the world, he is cast down into the Sephira suitable for that work. If his function is to be that of a warrior, he would find himself in Geburah; if that of a great poet or composer, in Tiphareth; and so on. He, the Master, inhabits this dwelling; but, having already got rid of it, he is able to allow it to carry on according to its nature without interference from the false Self (its head in Daäth) which hitherto had hampered it.” (Aleister Crowley, Magick Without Tears, Chapter 50.)

Crowley himself was cast down into Chesed—back into Chesed, for that’s the last Sephira on the way up to the grade of Master of the Temple. In hindsight, I think I was in Chesed from winter '13-'14 to winter '17-'18 or thereabouts. It was in winter '13-'14 that I switched almost exclusively to music from before 1600 [see https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2536563#p2536563 and https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?p=2669184#p2669184]. Before that, my music was mostly Black Metal and Goa Trance, which perfectly fits Geburah (which comes before Chesed). And before that, before I’d found my Holy Guardian Angel in Tiphareth, I listened to songs like [Nick Drake’s] “Place to Be”.

Now I’m not completely sure into which Sephira I’ve been cast down (and of course, this is a system I don’t necessarily completely subscribe to). When I first read the quoted passage, on July 29th, I thought Geburah [see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8uh_kxzuCI&t=2908]. When I found the answer to nihilism, on May 3, I immediately rediscovered Goa Trance [see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=semPLqZ9mH8]. But I did not abandon my “Chesed music”. So maybe my renewed appreciation of Goa, and my increased focus on physical exercise, only serve as a complement. This would mean I was cast down into Tiphareth, which is in between Geburah and Chesed.

To be sure, I’ve also come to a renewed appreciation of my Holy Guardian Angel, Krishna; though I now understand him as an incarnation of the Adi-Buddha rather than of Vishnu (or rather, I understand Vishnu as the Adi-Buddha). And recently, I’ve come to a renewed appreciation of the Doors, Jim Morrison having been very much the precursor of my HGA (though I now think he should have stepped out of the game by winter '68-'69). In any case, my renewed appreciation of all these things is a purified appreciation. Thus there’s been no renewed appreciation of Metal. [With the exception of Absu’s “…And Shineth Unto the Cold Cometh…” (1995 version) [And now their last two album’s, Abzu and Absu.]]

::

2. Written on the night of October 10th.

I now think my place may be the 9th sephira, Yesod. After all, my own songs are tonal songs. Now may be the time to sing them again in public—for the children who play in front of my apartment every day, and against the people who live straight across from me and accused me of being in a Satanic sexual children abuse ring this week.

For me the Civil World War has finally truly begun, right here at my doorstep. I will now manifest myself as a Magus, blossoming out of the Master of the Temple who has lived here in obscurity for five months.

Yesterday I re-valued Simon & Garfunkel’s “A Most Peculiar Man”, which along with all that kind of music (Nick Drake, for one), I assign to Netzach, the 7th sephira. 'Tis the sphere of Venus. Yesod is the sphere of the Moon, by the way.

Today I re-valued Satyricon’s “Black Lava”, Tool’s “Schism” and “Reflection”, and FSOL’s My Kingdom and Lifeforms EPs. The former I assign to Geburah, but I suppose I should assign the latter to Hod, the 8th sephira. I’ve never felt much affinity with Hod, though I think most people would assign me to it, especially online.

Volcano was a gift from my brother, Tool I associate with my friend Lau if anyone (though also with Robin), but FSOL I associate mostly with Robin (though also with Lau). Lau and Robin lived on different canals in the center of Amsterdam; I grew up at Prinsengracht 803, with a view of the Rijksmuseum. I am the grandson (and son) of Rein de Waal!

Right now I’m re-valuing DiDACtici by De Amersfoortse Coöperatie (not all tracks), and Jah Wobble’s “Songs of Innocence” and “Tyger Tyger” (I already re-valued “Lonely London” earlier). […] Yesod is the middle ground between Netzach and Hod, and I associate DAC with Yesod—as I do my own songs. ‘The stars above would rain their marvel down’; compare:

“When the stars threw down their spears
And water’d heaven with their tears:
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb really make thee?”

But I suppose it’s really about gathering all these things together, so maybe my place is still in Tiphareth, the Christ-center, one of whose magickal images is a sacrificed God. This may be the beginning of my endgame—and the beginning of Nietzsche’s Great Noon. But I’ve felt that way before.

3. Written on the night of October 31st.

I still think my place is in Tiphareth. It just means I may make forays into the lower sephiroth—and thereby even into tonal music.

I’d like to know everything you could say about your HGA.
What is it like?

I call my HGA my HS / Higher Self.

He is based on accumulating energy and evolving faster and faster.
Using every possible means to improvement.

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your reply. What you say about your HGA suggests to me that you’re a Major Adept! In other words, that you’re in the sephira Geburah… I myself was there for the longest time, about ten years I think. It’s not easy, but it’s very good for you, for the reasons you mention. The next rank is Exempt Adept, where you’re kind of “exempted” from the difficulties of Geburah—though my personal history happens to be that my best friend did not accept my exemption and pushed me on towards the next rank, into the Abyss… At that point I “lost” my HGA for a while, until I found myself in his place, meaning I no longer saw him beyond myself, but now identified myself with him. So yes, he’s my higher self or, as Jung puts it, my whole self (including the sense of “wholeness”).

Best, Ollie

Why cant you just listen to regular music, saully?

cbs.com/shows/strange-angel … anged-man/

said the zappa fan

we are the other people

bWritten on September 16th.[/b]

I’ve never really liked the original “Stairway to Heaven” for a couple of reasons, which I can pin down only now. It’s too melodramatic, over-arranged, and too soft, even tepid… It just sounds fake to me, not real, not raw—“a tame barbarism”, as Nietzsche put it.

“Child in Time” is something else. First off, I’ve good childhood memories of it; at one point, I’d made arrangements so that, when my father turned on the light in the early morning in order to wake my brother and me up, the song would start playing at (close to) max volume… And it’s still satisfying to listen to now.

The rest of the songs you mention are new to me. I didn’t even know Rainbow.—Yes, I like [their] “Gates of Babylon”! It’s fun. Still a bit soft, but not too much. “Dreamer Deceiver (& Deceiver)” [by Judas Priest] I didn’t enjoy so much in the beginning, I could take it or leave it, but it got better as it went along; I suppose it’s just a slow song. Still not really raw, but that’s okay. Lastly, “Epitaph” [by King Crimson]. Though I liked it better than “Dreamer Deceiver” in the beginning, it didn’t get to a point where I could “not leave it”, so to say. Still, I do feel it was worth listening to this once, and I thank you for all these recommendations! (I may actually like it better than the original “Stairway to Heaven”…)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdH3qstjEFw[/youtube]

In the meantime, Absu have a new album, which I was able to appreciate for a while…¹ In fact, I was also only able to appreciate Abzu and Absu for a while: while they still felt new to me. And the same happened again after my recent discovery of the remixings of their older albums The Sun of Tiphareth and The Third Storm of Cythrául, and to to a lesser extent Tara. But now, I’ve rediscovered the one Metal album I can definitely appreciate: Death’s Symbolic. In fact, I consider it the high point of the whole history of Metal!

I wrote the above about two weeks ago. By now, I’ve put together a little playlist of Metal albums I can actually appreciate:

• Death, Symbolic;
  • Pantera, Far Beyond Driven;
  • Melechesh, The Epigenesis;
  • Impaled Nazarene, Rapture;
  • Satyricon, Volcano;
  • Rudra, Brahmavidya: Primordial I;
  • Death, The Sound of Perseverance.

Although, having listened to it again on shuffle a bit just now, I still like Death the most, so maybe I should restrict myself to them. Right now I’m listening to their three albums immediately preceding Symbolic, as my brother recently recommended I do, and I’m getting to like those, too.—As to manifesting myself as a Magus:

¹ More precisely, in the meantime there’s a new band, called Proscriptor McGovern’s Apsû, with an eponymous album…

Ahhhh, the ole ‘Magus manifestation’ thing huh… I had wondered what had been keeping you away from the boards.

I feel that intuition is an ebb/flow of internal/external data transmission, that arises due to having a specific outcome in mind.

…hope your neighbours have finally eased-up on you.

Lol.

Well, the two are not necessarily connected, are they? And if they are, you’re basically implying it’s wise to keep away from the boards…

Well, I was using the word in the sense my interlocutor had used it, which is something like “acting on one’s intuition”. I think intuition (iNtuition!) is unconscious perception (as Sensing is conscious Perceiving—in Jung and Myers-Briggs)…

Well, the situation remains unchanged, but they haven’t actively made my life more difficult since they made their insane accusations.

Haha!

I was simply implying that you probably had more pressing things going on, than posting here.

Spiritual progression is always a most-pressing matter in the whole scheme of things… long mortality rates desperately call out for it… for so little to do, in so much time.

As somewhat of an ambivert, I cannot delineate the two [intuition/perception / Sensing/Perceiving] so… c’est la vie non, pour mois!?

That’s grand!

I give my neighbours a wide berth… a “Hi” and a “Bye” …it’s for the best… for their best, not mine!

Myers-Briggs stylized sensation, intuiting, and perception as “Sensing”, “iNtuition”, and “Perceiving”, respectively. So those are basically only three different things, not six. For clarity’s sake, let’s just use the words “sensation”, “intuition”, and “perception” from here on out.

Well then! In Jung and Myers-Briggs, sensation and intuition are both forms of perception: sensation is conscious perception, and intuition is unconscious perception. That is to say, the results of both sensation and intuition are conscious, but the process leading up to those results is only conscious in the case of sensation, whereas it’s unconscious in the case of intuition.

Likewise, by the way, in Jung and Myers-Briggs there are two more basic functions, namely Thinking and Feeling: Thinking is conscious Judging, whereas Feeling is unconscious Judging. Here, too, the results of both are conscious, but the process leading up to those results is only conscious in the case of Thinking, whereas it’s unconscious in the case of Feeling…

“So little to do, in so much time”: I agree with that, but only because I understand it as “nothing to do, in so little time”… Because we have so little time, we have nothing to do in it, because nothing has lasting value; but that very fact makes our teacup a stormy ocean! And paradoxically, this only calms down when we realize there’s most probably nothing beyond it. And as we ourselves are just small waves within the ocean of light, all we can do is wave out, let our force out, lighten ourselves…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ZxhyrGxuo[/youtube] Pantera, “The Great Southern Trendkill” (2016 Remaster)

To illustrate: say you get up in the morning, and you perceive that it rained during the night. You may know this because you looked out the window and saw the drops on the window or the puddles in the street. That is to say, you sensed it consciously. But you may also have sensed it unconsciously, without even looking out the window or consciously hearing the sound of traffic on a wet surface or anything. Then you sensed it intuitively, but it was still sense perception—just unconscious sense perception.

Next up is your judgment. Say you judge that it’s a good thing that it rained. You may just feel that way, because you used to live in a hot climate and would welcome every bit of rain you could get. But if you had thought about it, that is to say consciously thought about it instead of just accepting a thought process from way back when, which was originally conscious but later became unconscious, you might have considered that you’re an invalid and the puddles will make it harder to move about in your wheelchair!

Are you inferring that you are an INFJ? …because you haven’t defined the other Myers-Briggs characteristics… so I can only surmise, that you are.

I’m an INTJ/P, but I prefer to utilise the latter… just because.

What is the difference between P and J?
In the Myers-Briggs ® Personality Type four letter code, J means that our Judging Function (either Thinking or Feeling) is turned to the outside world and P means that our Perceiving Function (either Sensing or Intuition) is oriented to the outside world. 14 Nov 2019

#itscomplicated :-s #theambivertinme

Solitude (Multi-Fandom Edit) [very apt, in relation to time…]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsn0CLfTZZQ[/youtube]

Lyrics

Somewhere
Back in time
I left a part of me
I wanna see if you can try
To bring it back to me

You gotta go
Where I cry
I’m taking on the tears
I wanna see if you can try
Drink a little bit of it

No
No

Just a little lonely
Where I am
I’m ticking back in time
I wanna see if you can spot
You finally calm my head at night

I need you
No I don’t
Just keep me one more time
While I try to be a friend
So it can be the end

No
No
No
No

I didn’t think it was necessary to define Judging and Perceiving, and I haven’t even mentioned Introversion and Extroversion. I’ve only defined the four basic functions:

Sensing is conscious Perceiving;
iNtuition is unconscious Perceiving;
Thinking is conscious Judging;
Feeling is unconscious Judging.

I haven’t defined “conscious”, “unconscious”, or “is”, either, for that matter!

Then you’re an INTP, for it’s all about preference. Everyone is an E/I S/N T/F J/P, but everyone also has natural/nurtural preferences, making some people INTPs for example.

That’s just about the acronyms. In Socionics, for example, it’s different: an ENTP is an ENTP, but an INTP is an INTJ (and that’s pretty much the only difference; other than that, Socionics just has more fancy names, like “Logical” for Thinking and “Ethical” for Feeling).

In Myers-Briggs, both “ENTP” and “INTP” mean the most important Perceiving function is extroverted: so in both cases, the most important Perceiving function is Ne (though both also have the Si, Ni, and Se functions as well, as does everyone). However, because INTPs are introverts, their most important function is not their most important Perceiving function, but their most important Judging function: Ti.

“INTP” means the order of importance is Ti, Ne, Si, Fe, Te, Ni, Se, Fi;
“ENTP” means the order of importance is Ne, Ti, Fe, Si, Ni, Te, Fi, Se.

The way I understand it, the Je functions (i.e., Te and Fe) make value judgments based on “objective” standards of value, whereas the Ji functions do so on the basis of “subjective” standards of value. For example, Fe judges perceived things by how others supposedly feel about them, whereas Fi judges them by how one feels about them oneself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpt0or0ERX8[/youtube] New London Consort/Gautier de Coincy, “Entendez Tuit Ensemble”

how are you, olive?

I’m great! Wasn’t that obvious? :mrgreen: And especially now with the outcome of the midterms, the general election, and the Sandy Hook trials! But there are other reasons as well, and the most important reason is, to repeat, in this:

I will now share this alternative formulation, which is actually in terms of what I’ve been discussing here with Mag:

Further alternative formulations can be found on my Facebook, which has basically just been my blog for some time now. But here’s something in a slightly less esoteric form than can be found there:

A Machiavelli’s relationship to the young is to that to himself as the recurrence of the similar is to that of the same.

Sounds like Nietzche trying to reduce phenomenal attributes by a form of exclusion of Kant’s critiques , as if filtering out the misunderstood hybrid philosophies, where he probably sees a loss of value in a generalized equanimity between the superiority of inferior positions: such as examplefied by intuition.

(Intuitive-consciousness <> conscious intuition )

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=196125

Let me defend my position by the absolute claim of such reduction , and as such, by owning such identifiable position. With and without the use of mathe/magical-musical equivalence, of reliance on similitude; ; as an objectification of sufficient , proof.

Such can not test the underlying linear presupposed exclusionary methods , and such, as such. has to pre-suppose that counterpart which is excluded.

There can be no question raised on any other ground, than it’s own.