What will win the god wars?

You don’t even believe in God you said a literal beliefs in Gods is only for the gullible.

Could you possibly be trying to manipulate people?

Regards
PR

Absolutely, to reverse the lies they have swallowed from their lying clergy.

Are you not doing the same for your side? If so, why the question?

Do you not think that saving people from the damage to their minds that supernatural and fantasy thinking does?

If you child believed in a god other than your own, would you not think his mind worth saving?

Sure you would.

I think the minds of the gullible should be saved from believing their demonstrably lying clergy.

Regards
DL

It’s my love for the fight, that makes me fear it’s end.
Luckily the fight is in me, so no need to fear, for the fight to end, I must cease to be… so I will never know peace or death.
And if death is not the end of me and there is some cosmic afterlife, then I would want to go to Odin’s Hall where I may fight yet again, strive yet again, until the end of all things.

The fight is in all things, whether I’m staving off my own worst impulses, solving a problem at work or training my body to do something better, it’s not merely debate… but It hardly matters, the answer is the same.
Every battle is a teacher… even when I win, on careful reflection, I often realise I could have won more gracefully, more expediently or that I actually lost, but for an oversight on the part of my opponent or just dumb luck.

Define the soul? How about actually demonstrating the existence of a human soul. Your own for example. Now, I’m not arguing that the soul doesn’t exist. And, sure, it might weigh 21 grams. But: I’m asking you to demonstrate it to the best of your ability…given the possible consequences for those who choose to believe in a God other than your own.

You can’t put so much weight in your own understanding of God and then just shrug off the part where those who believe in another God ask you to demonstrate why it is your God instead. Again, with so much at stake!

How seriously do you take your own faith when, from my perspective, it all seems to revolve solely around the things that that you believe “here and now” in your head.

Yes, I’d like to believe that immortality and salvation are possible myself if I can narrow it all down to the right God.

So, why is it yours? And not one worshipped and adored by all the other denominations? And that’s just on this planet. Imagine how many other advanced civilizations there might be able to think up their own Gods. There must be millions and millions of them by now. Given the staggering vastness of the cosmos.

Yeah, I focused on just that sort of meaning here:

Clearly, religion does encompass a whole other kind of meaning. A meaning that pins down the right thing to do on this side of the grave in order to attain immortality and salvation on the other side of it. The part you want everyone to just assume that because you think about it the way you do, you can come here in order to spread the word so that others will think the same.

Or else? Some faiths emphasize that more than others.

True. For the loser.

I do not see it teaching the winner, unless the winner actually learn something new.

A grade school or university teacher gains no new knowledge when teaching the children.

There might be some other gain or satisfaction for doing a good teaching job.

This short clip might be of interest.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTN9Nx8 … e=youtu.be

Regards
DL

Let me see the hands of those who enter a church and equate it with a parking lot or a laundromat, those who enter and feel nothing at all but it’s just another place like any other common place?

Thank you.

Regards
PR

A conscience is an integral aspect of a soul. Are any born without a conscience, a soul? Dunno

Let’s see if we can agree on a definition of soul. If we cant, then it is pointless to talk of it.

I will show our mythos and then my logos on the soul, which is all I will argue as arguing our myths is pointless. Our was written to put against the Christian myth when everyone was bright enough to not read myths literally.

Our myth.
gnosis.org/naghamm/exe.html

Our reality.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline … /mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, ‘He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision…’

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

===================

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

FMPOV.
Our hearts just confirm that the vision produced by our minds is the treasure.

Note that soul and spirit are not active and likely are the same.

My own Gnosis and apotheosis has me thinking of the soul as the conduit with which our mind seeks and find our god within us. Spirit is just our life force.

Regards
DL

Losers, often quit… and learn nothing
Just as winners often rest on their laurels, and stagnate.

Lots of people seek “peace” or contentment and avoid the fight…

Whether your learn something has nothing to with whether you win or lose…
But whether you have the fight in you and are therefore willing and eager to reflect on what transpired to discover and explore the room you have for improvement.

Greater experience does often imply greater ability and insight for a reason…
Doing, successfully, does not mean doing perfectly and with experience, repetition, one might strive toward that perfection well past the “sufficient” mark.

Immortality is the worse curse I can think of.

We would all eventually be living in a state where we would prefer to die.

Perhaps that is why nothing is immortal that is made from matter.

All order goes to disorder eventually.

Regards
DL

The soul/spirit is not made of matter but of energy. When you mind and heart aline in love you can feel it radiate out of your soul.

Sigh.

Tell that to a student who fails to get his diploma.

Tell him how much of a winner he is, when he cannot produce it to get the job he wants.

Regards
DL

That energy has yet to be proven to exist.

We cannot track that many sub-atomic particles, even though we have learned to use mental waves to do work in the real world. Mostly in games.

Regards
DL

You seem to not want to leave much for our minds to do.

Consciousness is comprised of thoughts. Right?

Your mind is known to think, so why do you give that job to a soul, that as far as we know, cannot think?

Are you a science denier?

Regards
DL

You’ve inverted my meaning.
You my friend have lost the plot of this conversation and are now speaking to a strawman… I shall leave you to it.

Greatest, you haven’t felt love or even joy radiate out of you directed at another being and that mingling of fantastically powerful energies? Same with rage, that negative energy pouring out of you from your eyes all the way down to your ribcage? Eyes to lower ribs/stomach is where the soul rests within you and that’s where you feel the most energy.

The soul is an energy body located in your physical body and it works in tandem with your mind but the mind receives information from your conscience and your physical brain working together simultaneously. Spiritual practitioners into chakras note more areas that are energy conduits but I only recognize three as important, so far.

Start here and watch the whole 8 hours:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jey_CzIOfYE[/youtube]

Lol Sam Harris is a straight up white supremacist.