Some Theological Aphorisms

This is an interesting choice of words. In any case, that is a shame, you will be missed.

Yes, if you say so.

Alright.

I am not.

Well, young friend, I do at least have the mental capacity to know that words have meanings. That is, in fact, what constitutes a word.

The meaning of this one is of great interest to me.

I never said they were imperialist. Ineed, they were not. Certainly, however, they were expansionist. You seem to hold the fact that they were ultimately never able to expand beyond the Gallic world, though they did consolidate principalities within it, as proof of lack of a warring and conquering mentality. They were simply more savage.

I am afraid, young man, I have better things to do with my time.

If you say so.

Yes, if you say so.

I am not 100% certain I understand what you mean by ‘ideology of conquest.’

Yes, if you say so.

That has to be ridiculous. Not only was he talking about his way of thinking long before he came here (I was watching) but also you are a totally different kind of mind - seemingly seriously injured. For you to suggest that You influenced his ontology is reminiscent of Ecmandu (also obviously mentally injured) and is about like saying that O’Biden taught Mr Trump on economic and foreign policy.

And despite Vittorio’s haughtiness and blindness to rational thinking - I wouldn’t call him a “racist” merely because he disagrees with the documented historical narrative of migrations and interactions. He might be a racist (most people actually are - unless you are in the US) but not merely for the reason you are suggesting.

Yes, if you say so.

Yes indeed, though state historians are never the most reliable source of information there is. I don’t believe much of what was written would float in the river of tears you have poured for the victims of Rome. Indeed, all of them would be very evil racists if one is to go by your writings here. And, if one is to go by your writings here, that also itself disqualifies them as historians.

If you say so.

Alright.

You seem to have several confused and conflicting interpretations of what Rome is. And a tendency not to reply where that confusion becomes greatest. Conquest was a lot of things to Romans, peace not really one of them, unless it referred to addressing some tribe or alliance of savages that somehow or another posed a threat to Rome. In that case, indeed, it does not take a erudite to understand that quashing that people will bring peace. To Rome. Peace in general is one of the softest, saddest concepts I have ever come across. And may be one reason you keep your statements vague and general. It is not, I assure you, a daughter of Rome.

If you say so.

If you say so.

Indeed, if you say so.

Yes, if you say so.

Here may be an interesting avenue to explore, if your emotions will allow you. What exactly is it you mean here?

If you say so…

If you say so.

If you say so.

If you say so.

If you say so.

Alright.

OK.

Alright.

Well, if you say so.

Ah, but before Germans, French, and before French, Italians (Venetians, mostly, and Romans, and many others, we will say Italia), and before that Spanish, and before that Arabs, and before that Egyptians.

One thing Goths are incapable of understanding, for this traditional divorce I have described, and the superstition of universalism it has allowed (you are a Platonist, I presume, as stated under your Parodites pseudonym?), is that Greece is only great, only exist, only is known from Staten Island to Timbuktu and revered as the giants they were, is Rome. If not for Rome, expanding her res publica throughout the four corners of the world at the expense of anybody who tried to stop it, Greece would not exist. It would have been an interesting case of island rebels some time long ago, that only royal chroniclers would know about.

You are welcome, it is our pleasure. This also is an annoying Gothic habit. I have brought up several dozens deeply interesting points, but all Goths hear are personal attacks that hurt their feelings. I refuse to believe it is an actual simple incapacity to discuss.

One has only to read something such as this:

To understand that provenance need not be any kind of hindrance to real thought. Alexandre Dumas was a black man. Only a Goth believes that the reality of the actual characteristics of and differences between peoples constitute some kind of inferiority or incapacity of one or another. Perhaps it is this insecurity that breeds things like communism, with its universalism that resets every human as a clone of eachother, identitcal particles in the societal mass, or nazism.

All that is being asked of you is to think, all you are managing to do is cry and be angry about it. I am sure there are neo-nazi movements that can cater to you.

If you say so.

If you say so.

If you say so.

If you say so.

If you say so.

If you say so.

I would never do that. A Roman would never do that. That is a joke. Specially considering what I have already written on this.

If you say so.

Alright.

Alright.

OK, if you say so.

Yes, I would not waste your time with that. I have, however, explained my standards for finding answers of interest in this particular topic that interests me, though, I gather, it does not spark very much curiosity in you, of the meaning of the word ‘God.’ If those standards do not please you, I am sorry.

OK.

Yes, you said the Elohim constituted a plural feminine of a root, ‘i’ is a common plural form in English. Thus, ‘Eli.’

If you say so.

That is a shame, we will do our best to carry on regardless.

If you can bring yourself to the slightest amount of discipline, and to keep yourself to the standards I have described earlier, we would be very interested in hearing about this.

Thank you. Considering all you have said, however, one fails to understand how this can be possible. Perhaps a depth of the Gothic intellect that is impenetrable to such as myself.

Yes, thank you, though I refer you to the above.

Ah.

Yes, thank you.

If you say so. You surely seem qualified, young man.

If you say so.

Yes, alright.

My puzzlement at you Goths never ceases.

Do you?

As you say.

If you say so.

This would seem to be an admission that you’re only argument against my proposition is an ad hominem one. My definition of racism is broader than yours. You seem to think that race is a real thing and that cultural differences are biologically based whereas I see them as products of enculturation. I imagine that the idea that mixing the blood of various races changes the character of people seems real to you. Whereas I see them not as races but as ethnic groups with characteristic social practices. But you seem very committed to your theory and it seems important to your identity. So it’s not like I think any argument that I present is likely to change your mind.

Intense.

Yes, if you say so.

From Lawrence Kushner and David Mamet’s “Five Cities of Refuge: Weekly Reflections on Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy:”

YHWH - “I am what is”.

James reduced it to - Your real situation - whatever that might be.

It seems rather less studiously dissected than the previous example, I’m afraid.

Of course.
Because you don’t know the source - it is not “scholarly” - so irrelevant.

You want a 5000 year old document - written in Old English - that explains the meaning of “God” - complete with pedigrees of the author. I understand - no worries.

Yes, if you say so.

I didn’t influence James. I’m smarter than James.

I’ll additionally add to this obsrvr…

I made a test for gods in this post. First of its kind.

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 4#p2821474

Additionally, I made a new plan for existence, also first of its kind.

While James was sticking his thumb up his ass.

I’m 44 now. James was much older than me.

The distinction between the two accomplishments between the two of us at his dying and my 44 years is off the charts on my side.

It’s that simple. Grab James quotes and debate me with them. I dare you.

Another aphorism of mine (not theistic)

So people ask me, “why do you work every second of everyday to become a better person?”

To them I reply, “To everyone with a huge mind, everything else is boring.”

I’m sure you could make an aphorism of that. I know I can, I just wanted to write it that way.

People who murder don’t believe in spirits, people who torture do believe in spirits. They all believe they’re doing the right thing with what they know.

I’ve been to hell.

It’s not what you think it is… otherwise it wouldn’t be hell.