The God: LIBER

Book means free.

We now enter the age of the ascent of LIBER
the ancient god of book and wine, feast and sex, cultivation and decadence.

LIBER

the original god of liberty.

HAIL!

Let’s hear a Hail from the plebs.

:laughing:

Sounds OK to me. An easy task now?

Again, from my frame of mind, yet another entirely esoteric post from him.

As though it is secret language that only those “in the know” can grasp.

Me, when I read a post – any post – the first thing that comes to mind is, “how can I relate this to the life that I live from day to day”?

And, in particular, when these interactions result in conflict as a result of conflicting narratives relating to God and religion.

Or, perhaps, here, conflicting narratives relating to Nietzsche, the Übermensch and…Dionysus?

Perhaps, but the counter-argument is equally challenging.

:sunglasses:
must even pleasure be a task?

Of course, it very well can be.

the discipline of pleasure
the discipline of liberty…

I wouldn’t call it that. But true liberty does of course require a whole lot of discipline to underwrite it.

No.
Book comes from the Old English for Beech, whose bark was used to inscribe runes.
Free also has a Germanic root.

I think you are trying to make a link between the French fo book which is Livre, and liberty from the Latin.

The “original” goddess of liberty is Libertas, who like most “originals” has earlier sources.
That there might be a connection to books is not demonstrated or proven.
Do you have any evidence?

That I did not know.

Yes, related to Freya. In Dutch, vrijen means making love. It used to, it’s not been in use for a few decades.

Liber does mean book as well as free in Latin, but declines differently. I know they’re not the same word technically (I had 7 years of Latin, not entirely ignorant) but, in the spirit of Liberty, I decided to take the freedom to unite them.

No, I am practicing Theurgy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLEXgfoVqB4[/youtube]

INdeed but there is a mistake in not recognising when two words with the same root actually spearate and depart in meaing from one another. Just because two things come from the same soil does not mean they are meaningfully connected.
Whilst others are simply homophonic. Look at the word “set” for example.

So you have zero evidence that these are not simply homophones? Is that correct?

You might ahve a right to your own opinions; you do not have a right to peddle your own facts.

Theurgy is literally a fantasy.

You are entitled to your opinion as well.
You misunderstood me, as usual… it is tiring how slow people are… I said I deliberately used the two words as one, taking the liberty (dont you even get that pun?) –
and no, making use of correspondences is not falsity. It is called creation.
Even DNA works that way.

Also, since you didn’t know before I told you that Liber is the latin word for Book, I consider you edified by my efforts nonetheless!

Have some more respect. That goes for anyone. When youve been taught something, at least give a nod of acknowledgement to your teacher.

Tiring.
You are just so wrong, confused misguided and blatantly ignorant of some of the most simple fact of life.
I hope you keep this nonsense to yourself. I feel sorry for the people you live around if you share your twisted beliefs.

You are in a lot of pain, that is clear. I have a suspicion as to why you are intent on taking it out on me.

Its clear to anyone Ive not said a single thing that’s an error, and you have.

Please read the comments I made above.

I recommend meditation before and after theurgy sessions.
Got any juicy details on what you are going to consult?