Any Catholic philosophers here?

That’s because you’re a bigot.

Here are the facts:

“We don’t see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this or a place that has a bigger problem than anyone else,” said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

google.com/amp/s/www.newswe … 25%3famp=1

These days I would be very highly suspicious of the RCC if they were NOT being unrighteously accused and accosted. I would have to wonder what made them so protected from political punditry and abuse.

I think your statistics are false.

If I’m a paedo…

I’d go the churches with youth groups or places like the Boy Scouts or get involved in babysitting.

Places where I have controlling access with nobody else there.

I agree that family members do this too…

But you’re not going to see this type of behavior at a roller derby.

Paedos target.

Think about this: what if I’m a paedo and I want constant supply?

Unfortunately for Catholics, it’s an abundant ocean for paedos!!

Duh.

To say that these places are the same as the general population would make every paedophile laugh.

How many paedophiles do you think choose to work at maximum security prisons (use your brain here)

The problem is not the proportion of pedophiles in the RCC. The problem is how the church administration handled identified pedophiles … basically allowing them to continue the abuse.

Sort of like how the US Congress handles the FBI.

That ended in 2002 with the Dallas Charter reforms. Sexual abuse wasn’t as understood back in the 1960’s and 1970’s when most of it occurred.

google.com/amp/s/www.psycho … urch%3famp

bishop-accountability.org/A … riests.htm

Freespirit1983 wrote:

That’s untrue. The Catholic Church has a lower rate of abuse than public school do.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s true:

sites.law.duq.edu/juris/2019/03 … ic-church/

Ernie Allen, the president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children stated, “we don’t see the Catholic Church as a hotbed of this [sexual abuse and pedophilia] or as a place that has a bigger problem [with this issue] than anyone else.”

I thought Roman Catholics were supposed to believe in moral absolutes. But it seems that the standard for sexually violating children is “it’s no bigger problem a problem with this issue than anyone else.” That’s a pretty low bar.

Hey come to the Catholic Church.

Why?

Cuz we’re no worse than anybody else.

Right but you know better either.

I’m sure I must be getting this wrong. That can’t be what you’re saying.

The point is there will always be moral failings by humans.

The Church is a hospital for sinners and not a museum for saints.

Don’t leave Jesus because of Judas.

The standard that the “hospital” no worse than any place else, begs the question whether anyone’s getting better in it. After all some are getting better without it. If anyone is getting better within the “hospital” (the saints?) it might be in spite of it instead of because of it.

The Church has produced thousands of saints. One proof of the truth of the Church is that those that live the faith become holy saints.

mycatholic.life/saints/

Prove it.

I did?

What, with a list of names and hagiography? That’s the clergy preaching to the faithful. How do you suppose that would persuade anyone else?

My point is that people that LIVE Church doctrine become saints.

_
Catholicism… the scapegoat for others’ pedophillic sins.

Humanity has always disgusted me, in shifting all blame to others, without realising the catastrophic consequences that will ensue.

That’s a proposition not a proof. From the outside it looks like the Roman Catholic Church validating itself. Prove that’s not all it is.

I can’t :slight_smile: