Any Catholic philosophers here?

What, with a list of names and hagiography? That’s the clergy preaching to the faithful. How do you suppose that would persuade anyone else?

My point is that people that LIVE Church doctrine become saints.

_
Catholicism… the scapegoat for others’ pedophillic sins.

Humanity has always disgusted me, in shifting all blame to others, without realising the catastrophic consequences that will ensue.

That’s a proposition not a proof. From the outside it looks like the Roman Catholic Church validating itself. Prove that’s not all it is.

I can’t :slight_smile:

This is part of the way skunks seem better than humans.
But if a skunk had a bigger brain and special DNA, i think they could out do humanity fast.

We can at least accept the stories of the saints as myths and legends that capture in narration the moral vision of the archetypal pattern and ideal of the Roman Catholic Church. The RCC is said to have documented cases in the tradition of Roman law. So I would expect RCC apologists to claim more. What can person with an open mind do but examine the evidence for their claims?

Meanwhile I’m happy to interpret the stories as myth and legend and suspend judgment about the historicity of the stories.

I like the one about Joseph the flying saint. Have you read about it?

I like the stories about the cephalophores, saints who got their heads cut off. :slight_smile: It seems in depicting them artists couldn’t decide whether to put the halo around the head that the saint was carrying, or the halo around the top of the neck, where the head used to be.

Felix,

I have.

Here are some scientifically validated Catholic miracles.

google.com/amp/blog.magisce … s_amp=true

What about Saint Christopher? According to the stories he was a giant with the head of a dog.

According to CG Jung, Fatima was evidence of the recurrence of the divine feminine archetype in the person of Mary the mother of Jesus.

Interesting.

Was he an atheist? I couldn’t figure it out.

No. He once said he didn’t believe in God, he knew.

Felix,

Did he say how he knew?

No he was cryptic about it. But if you read his works you see that he was referring to the God of his experience over a lifetime. I think his book “Memories, Dreams and Reflections” is a good place to start.

I read that 15 years ago and can’t remember.

He didn’t attend a Church as an adult, did he?

…in the way they realise the catastrophic consequences in shifting all blame?

I think if octopi could live on land, they would be able to, too… I don’t know much about skunks, so do not know how you imagine them bettering humans?

I don’t think so. His father was a pastor of the Swiss Reformed Church.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwP4C5hjo4Y[/youtube]

This is not the full debate but a good starting point.

Well that debate covered a lot of ground and spectrums… the Catholic Church is a force for good, but some within its ranks use it as a vehicle to commit their bad through.