Any Catholic philosophers here?

No. He once said he didn’t believe in God, he knew.

Felix,

Did he say how he knew?

No he was cryptic about it. But if you read his works you see that he was referring to the God of his experience over a lifetime. I think his book “Memories, Dreams and Reflections” is a good place to start.

I read that 15 years ago and can’t remember.

He didn’t attend a Church as an adult, did he?

…in the way they realise the catastrophic consequences in shifting all blame?

I think if octopi could live on land, they would be able to, too… I don’t know much about skunks, so do not know how you imagine them bettering humans?

I don’t think so. His father was a pastor of the Swiss Reformed Church.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwP4C5hjo4Y[/youtube]

This is not the full debate but a good starting point.

Well that debate covered a lot of ground and spectrums… the Catholic Church is a force for good, but some within its ranks use it as a vehicle to commit their bad through.

Thanks MagsJ!

Which “warnings” do you mean?

These :frowning:

fewnessofthesaved.com/

If Heaven is only for the perfect saints - what is the point in anyone else even bothering to try or pay any attention to the church at all? Why even talk about it?

What would be the point in trying to be a good person? :-k

obsrvr524,

There’s purgatory, too.

That’s what I’m hoping for. Also, the saints weren’t perfect by any means. They just kept trying.

Why one’s own conscience, of course… ; )

And to please the Risen Lord.

People who have conscience will be doing that anyway - it doesn’t take devotion to a priesthood that has a 99.99% failure rate.

Me smells something amiss.

How does the priesthood have a 99.99% failure rate?

Did you read the link you provided?

Yes.

That article makes it seem like - since there are only a few dozen who get to Heaven - that you are better off playing the lottery and spending your winnings on debauchery.

Let’s see - optimistically - (100 - (\frac{100}{7000000000} * 100) = …) doing the math - (99.99999857 ) % failure