I'm thinking of leaving this site...should I?

I read that there is no evidence that Nietzsche read Kierkegaard whose works had not been translated into German. However, it was said that there is evidence that Nietzsche knew of Kierkegaard through the secondary sources.

Thanks.

Who were Nietzche’s favorite philosophers besides Epicurus and Schopenhauer?

But to say that Friedrich Nietzsche did a lot of original philosophy that goes beyond his influences seems like an understatement.

It seems that up until current modern times, philosophers were theists who were born into their religion/the religion of their ancestors, and then tended to become irreligious and question their Faith… or lack thereof.

Roman Catholics, who are affiliated to the Vatican and not just by self-labelling alone, tend to have a very good education and curriculum.

Both real degenerates, if ever there were any… the former-day Epstein and Maxwell.

Amen.

Will u pray 4 me, freespirit?

Thanks big guy.

Motor Daddy

The other person? Who is the other person? lol Do people go to heaven in pairs? This is heaven that we are speaking about.
Did I not tell you that heaven is perfection. All would experience it to their own delight and let us not forget that we will be leaving our bodies wherever we chose to leave them on Earth. God has no limitations when it comes to heaven.

I hear that it is shipped in from some place in Hawaii. Everything in Hawaii is a piece of heaven. Anyway, all you need do is to close the eyes of your spirit and imagine the heat or the cool, cool breezes - and whichever your soul seeks will be given to you abundantly.

If you will learn to just “be there” in the present moment here, there will be no forever time but simply present moments experienced ad continuum. You will not even experience the ad continuum.
The things which filled you with the most happiness and joy on Earth, would be the same things which you would be experiencing in heaven…if you so chose.

I can think of at least a few things which I would love to continue experiencing in heaven and there would be no boredom or wish to discontinue them. - just a constant reawakening.
:blush:

Trust me, I have had those moments but we never know when or how life can change on a dime. But, that certainly is an individual’s choice but would you not want to learn what your life here on Earth might have been like? Heaven is a reflection or a mirror of what your life might have been had you the courage to live it! Remember, heaven is perfection and its Designer has no limitations.

Perhaps there you would be able to drive around in the best car, van or truck and color which you have ever had in your lifetime. Just allow your spirit to reach for it.

Only if you see that as perfection…so do not fret, Motor Daddy.

Now that, to me, is one of the amazing things about Life and the Universe. You just may get some of the answers which you seek within your heaven, Motor Daddy.
:angelic-blueglow:

Absolutely. I’ll pray a rosary for you tonight.

I’m okay with magic beads.

His favorite philosopher was Heraclitus, it’s the only one he really refers to in deference.

An yet you say that you like Aquinas.
Who says;

Is truth opposite to religion?

I think not.

Your attitude strikes me as very un-religious. I very much doubt that you pray 5 hours a day.

I will then accept Aquinas’s view. Thanks for that.

And I usually pray more than 5.

Good.

There is a legend of I think the Hopi tribe, which says that it was announced to them that there would, one day, come men on dragons riding the sea, and that, as a symbol they would be carrying a cross.
It was said that, if the cross was encircled, these men would have still retained their souls. If the cross was not encircled, they would have lost their souls.

Not sure that that means anything, but it struck me as plausible.

FreeSpirit1983

Are you a priest or a monk, FreeSpirit?

Are you praying while working and doing good deeds?

No and I try to pray all day.

vocaroo.com/1oDSZULekRo7

Ta da! :slight_smile:

There is a Sufi proverb… “Prayer is an activity.” [-o<

Perhaps you should stay! :laughing:

Goddamn promethean with his goddamn helping spirits.

Can you define for me what YOU mean by “pray all day”?