I'm thinking of leaving this site...should I?

The “Religion and Spirituality” forum is infested with atheists. It’s hard to discuss religion and Spirituality here.

I feel unwelcome.

Perhaps I’ll slither back to r/Catholicism on Reddit :slight_smile:

Here you are expected to create a poll.
So that we can vote on it.

Just for the record: reddit.com/r/Catholicism/

I’m already a member :slight_smile:

I’m having technical difficulties with the site on my phone so I’m probably toast here.

“Infested”? That seems to suggest you see them as vermin. Rather, the Bible tells us they were created in the image of God.

True but the atheists rebelled and chose the dark side.

It seems to me that you want someplace
where your already held biases, are
confirmed.
If that is so, why pick a philosophy site?

Kropotkin

They are your neighbors. Jesus teaches you to love them as yourself.

I posted under a the “Religion and Spirituality” forum.

It seems you missed that.

Also, Aquinas, Augustine and Pascal are Christian philosophers of the first rank.

Maybe if you did not use some video to stand for your OP, you might get more people to post. Or maybe if you just tolerated atheists instead of insinuating that they are going to hell for believing as they do. If you don’t like someone’s ideas, you can put them on ignore.
You are doing fairly well on your “Pascal’s Wager” thread.
Just mentioning Christian philosopher’s names doesn’t cut it. What did they have to say about the points you make? And who ranked them?

I’m pretty sure all 3 agreed with Pascal, including himself, of course :slight_smile:

And what did they say that proves this contention?

They wrote volumes about why Christianity was true.

Did you hear a voice in your head telling you to leave? Did it claim to be God? Maybe you should get that checked out.

I have some questions for you that other religious people have failed to answer:

What temperature is it in Heaven?

Is it dark all the time in Heaven?

What if a person goes to Heaven and doesn’t like it there, are they stuck there forever?

The answer to the last 3 questions is: Heaven is vast and I don’t know :slight_smile:

…But you do know there’s a Heaven, right?

What do you think God would do with a “soul” that doesn’t like it in Heaven? Would he let them leave? Where would they go, to hell? Do you think God sends unhappy “souls” from Heaven to Hell?

_
I’d say to stick around… your threads are creating much discussion, which is key on philosophy sites… not All here will be positive about your philosophical-position regarding religion, or on any subject-matter, come to that.

I think you’ve experienced the worst of it, so leaving now might not be the best judgement-call to make, if you have been enjoying posting here so far…

He isn’t interested in thinking about an atheist’s position, he’d rather preach to the choir. That way he doesn’t have to answer questions that make his ideas look silly.

His mind is already made up, there is some magical spirit in space called “God” that has the master plan that created the universe.

When you die you go to God’s hangout called “Heaven.” You stay there forever, doing absolutely nothing! If you want to leave, TOO BAD, you’re stuck there, FOREVER!

Maybe that will pass, and he’ll see the light… the light, in having an open discussion, rather than being in agreement.

I’m liking your line of questioning MD… very thought-provoking.

FS,

Atheists are always banned from religious forums.

You’re not banned from here.

Do you see the difference?

Well said! I agree.