What If God Were A Tree?

Is that Athena the goddess, or some other Athena?

If people cannot determine if a Tree is a God, then how can they determine if a person is one?

A tree is indeed a type of god, with its own spirit, connecting the earth and the heavens.

What if Athena were a Person?

I think it’s possible that many gods and goddesses of mythology were once people.

The Ancients believed that gods would ‘possess’ humans, and through humanity the gods speak and are embodied.

The Greeks believe in Ancestor-worship. I’d characterize it as a form of genetic dynasty across time, genetic memories.

But the truth I know is, if Athena were a person, then her dog would shit on the sidewalk…!

Divine inspiration was always temporary, though.

Was this individual actually Athena in human form, would you say?

Yes

Can you tell me more about the circumstances, and why you believed this?

She was a poster on this forum in 2008:

ilovephilosophy.com/search. … 5&sr=posts

1st post and last of hers, respectively

I say it because she was/is the wisest woman I’ve ever met. If that is not a trait of Athena than what is?

What became of her?

I don’t know where she went to but,

We now see the answer to this question – they would turn against their own people.

I don’t know, she stopped posting after some time.

But you met her, though?

Yes, she was about 50 at the time. She had a dog, can’t remember which type since I’m not versed on dog breeds, small medium size about 30 lb. We took a walk through the park and we discussed some book ideas she had at the time. She was deeply concerned about the decaying morality in USA and the West; we agreed on most aspects of that topic. I told her how Civics courses were removed from public schools in the 1990s, and without a National identification that society would eventually fail. Now her observations and my predictions are becoming true. We met because we were both active on the forum and in the same town, just once.

Perhaps she wrote the books and published them.

Possibly, a year or two after she stopped posting on ILP forum, I saw her posting on another philosophy forum, but lost contact with her. Who knows, maybe she will return someday, or you find a book of hers by chance.

Have you met any gods yet?

I’ve had some weird experiences, most notably hearing a disembodied voice talking to me when I was camping alone one night at the Malvern Hills. I wouldn’t describe them as gods, though. Spirits, perhaps.

Is not Maia the Earth goddess?

Maia is the eldest daughter of Atlas and Pleione, and is therefore leader of the Pleiades.