why Jesus was not all-powerful

It is said that Jesus made a lot of miracles happen.

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a long time.

Jesus should have been able to teach medical sciences.
Penicillin would cure leprosy, for example.
If not penicillin, something else.

Jesus healed people one at a time.
He didn’t snap his fingers and instantly cure everyone on earth.
He had a lot of energy, but not infinite energy.

Jesus could be hurt, and died.

Humans are so weak that they are easily scared or impressed
with power.

Technology has been healing people too.
It’s different, but medical sciences help save lives.
They don’t require faith, or repentance, or God’s approval.

What people call “God”, i consider it to be a deity.
It is not all-powerful, it is much stronger than a human,
but it is not all-powerful.

Are you still Mormon? How do these thoughts fit in with Mormonism?

I was thinking about the holy grail myth….

It’s supposed to heal all physical and spiritual diseases.

Anyone who drank from it would give it to the next person etc…. (Because it worked and they were healed). Everyone would be perfect

Prayer & fasting. Boom.

The missionaries told me Jesus didn’t heal everyone instantly
because they needed to have faith, or something like that.

I’m still Mormon, but I am not fitting all the beliefs.
For example, i drink tea.
But I’d like to think that God still accepts me,
tea and all.

Charity / the pure love of christ,
is far more important than tea or doctrine.

Removed

Dan,

I instantly thought of Star Trek’s prime directive when I read this for some reason.

…As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Starfleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Starfleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.[5][6]As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Starfleet personnel may interfere with the normal and healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes introducing superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Starfleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship, unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral obligation.[5][6]

Of course, perhaps your next question would be: So why did Jesus cure/perform miracles? None of us have all the answers, and we probably do not have many of the answers which we believe that we have, except for those which have been proven - and really, have they really been proven? lol

He healed, etc., because it was prophesied (see his response to John the Baptist’s inquiry from prison). He didn’t heal everyone because special healing is relational (requires trust, or attention… even if only in hindsight… to higher point being communicated). That’s why he had to incarnate and leave (to prep for Spirit not spatially limited).

Arc’s reference to prime directive & the fact that this is FOR US to figure out… is why I said “Prayer and fasting”. He/nature gave us what we needed. He knows when/if to step in in individual/group cases (Jesus being an example of one whole case).

Dan wrote:

Just a question here, Dan. What is your definition of all-powerful?

Would you not consider Something or Someone, like God, who created and continues to create this awesomely, designed Universe or universes over time and who keeps them running in tip-top shape, organized, and moment by moment, has the ability to reveal them to us, ALL-POWERFUL?!

What is all-powerful to you - IF NOT THAT?

Also, if Someone or Something truly is all-powerful, would they not have the capacity and power and humility within them to give up that power in the moment for a cause?

Philippians 2:6-11

Well, if it took billions of years to get things done,
instead of an instant,
then the billion years effort is clearly not absolutely all powerful.

It takes time to demonstrate love to a created being that needs to develop to the point of understanding and accepting and living. Even if the plan in mind is as whole and eternal as you are.

Dan wrote:

Well, Dan, there is this guy in the New Testament who was named “Paul”. This guy said …

1 Corinthians 2:16
For “who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. The apostle Paul quotes this question from Isaiah 40:13. In that passage, Isaiah clearly shows that the greatness of God far surpasses the sum of all of humanity.

This is true for me. We like to believe that we either know everything about this God or nothing or very little about this God. Who has known the mind of God?

There is another saying in the bible:

Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

If we actually took the time to dig deeper and to contemplate these words, we may come to realize that an all-powerful God does not have to create in an instant, unless God chose to.

How can God be judged in human ways? We limit God in that way. If He chose to make the Universe a slow process, a slow journey into itself, which is still becoming, then that speaks to me as still being all-powerful - perhaps a weak argument for you. It takes nine months to create a child.

I wonder - if the Universe had been created in an instant, would the scientists, philosophers, theologians, et cetera, have all of the same information which they now have? Ad for myself, I love the idea of the Universe taking so long for God to create.

Who has known the mind of God? I love that God is such a mystery to us. Why would we seek Him otherwise?

I don’t believe any of that.

The holy Bible is this and this alone:

“Thall shall not violate consent”

#rainbowrule

I see.

Well, thanks for explaining.

To me, taking billions of years to do something means it took a lot of
energy and that energy source is finite.

If energy source is finite, it began, but without an energy source. What non-energy source began it?

If transmutation is real,
anything can be made into anything else.
Void being transmuted into time, energy and space, over billions of years.

void cannot be transmuted unless there is an eternal substance it is co-eternally the privation of, which makes it inferior & inactive without the initiation of actual substance