Petition to ban Sculptor

Should Sculptor be banned from this forum?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t know
0 voters

Isn’t it about time?

I’m not in favor of banning anyone.

Kropotkin

I have not had the opportunity to get to correspond with Sculptor enough to comment one way or another.

I vote to ban Sculptor.

He’s an oxygen thief!

If I can be banned merely for speaking the truth, then Sculptor is long overdue for wasting our valuable oxygen.

Get that clown out of here!

Time dilation is a fact.
You need to go.

The supporting arguments for banning him so far are vacuous. He’s quick with the ad hominems. But if we banned everyone who ad homs this place would be a ghost town. I voted no.

I don’t think Sculptor does ad homs but he does the occasional insult, which are not the same thing. I think he is fine. :slight_smile:

I would never vote to ban Motor Daddy because he is so charming. :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure his avatar is an actual photo of him. It expresses his personality to a T!

I don’t vote on polls. I make arguments.

I think we have a decent crew here, even if people often hold me as the exemplar of the ILP clown along with iambiguous.

_
Nah…

i think banning someone is a failure to deal with them otherwise. it says we give up, or that we were unable to maneuver some kind of discourse. i mean look at ecmandu and iambig, those 2 are literally retarded. one is just short of being a bot. like someone could make a program that does what iambig does and we might not be able to tell the difference. the other is legit delusional by any standard, a bit of a drunk and always reverts to his his bit about his superiority and his unique understanding of the cosmos and shit. but we deal with them, if not only for our own sake for the reasons stated above, but for theirs because lets face is those 2 would probably be lost without some place to act nuts.

I like to talk plainly, and some people don’t like that.
I do not take fools lightly and there are plenty on ILP.

But what is really going on here is that It like to challenge unfounded beliefs and say things about those beliefs that some people can’t cope with.
That is what this thread is all about; other’s lack of capacity to argue against reason and common sense.

Right right more like name calling and insults then actual ad hominem arguments.

Duplicate post

Don’t forget his good posts. I would not ban him.

Mr. R.

Seriously, you’re still on this kick?

You have serious mental problems dude. Debate is the put up and shut up.

You and iambiguous refuse to do it.

The list in actuality is not me and iambiguous, it’s YOU and iambiguous.

Great! Another opportunity to post this:

Also, I get to remind him of the gap between the threads that I started [or sustain] here at ILP…

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=197162
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=170060
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=195930
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196100
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 8&t=196110
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175121
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195600
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=176529
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=175006
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=186929
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195614
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=195964
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

…as opposed to the majority of his own “contributions” which consist mostly of all the cool trips he takes on his cool motorcycle and all the cool things he bought with cool pictures to prove it.

And now this:

“pedro is one of the few examples of someone in the world that i think is cool even though he doesn’t really like me”

:laughing:

Oh, and as for banning Sculptor, I’m agin it.

aniceguy and Wendy on the other hand… :wink:

Iambiguous,

I like that you stood up for yourself against postards like mr. r.

Ironically, it shows that you’re an objectivist with a solid sense of “I”.

You don’t put forth a logical argument. You simply reply with a few words such as this quote of yours:

…and this:

You simply say “wrong” and give no explanation.
You simply say “time is different”

Duh?

If you are so logical and understand it, then why don’t you explain it the way your logical brain understands it??

I’ll tell you why; because you don’t understand it, and you’re simply spewing BS. That is TROLL behavior, just entering a conversation with a few quick drive-by statements that mean absolutely nothing.

I thought about this thread for a while before I responded. I would normally not be a supporter of banning anyone. But then I thought about how many boards I am banned from, and for what reason? No valid reason at all!

I was merely banned for putting up uncomfortable facts that the Moderators didn’t like, because it was against their beliefs. They would simply delete my posts, and ban me, so nobody would ever know.

So I thought to myself, if a mod can ruin my stay at a site, then everyone should be held to same standard. It’s either that or get rid of the bad mods, but that isn’t gonna happen.

It’s no wonder why the boards have dried up. Bad Mods banned so many people there is nothing left. The people that were interested in talking about science were banned, and the religious people were always welcome!

I gives less than a damn, I hope their sites close down due to the fact that they banned all the good people, due to their religious beliefs!

lol triggered

:laughing: