Morality/Ethics

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Morality/Ethics

Postby Logo » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:14 pm

Could I suggest a new forum devoted specifically to moral and ethical theory? I think this would help people in deciding which topics to follow. I for one don't have the time to read all the posts in "Philosophy", and I often neglect to look at threads because I don't really know what they're about. But I think I'd pay more attention to threads in a forum devoted specifically to ethics and morality.
[It would be] an easy mistake to make, to think that one loved one's country less because it happened to be in the wrong.
-Michael Frayn
Logo
Thinker

Postby phrygianslave the wise » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:07 pm

I second this request.

Moral philosophy is the branch of that great art that truly matters.

The rest could all be safely dispensed with but not morals.
phrygianslave the wise

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:54 am

I personally find the field of ethics to be an interesting if not the most interesting field of philosophy. Do you think there is enough interest to justify a new thread? Do you think that if we added ethics that we would also have to split out metaphysics&ontology , aesthetics&art, Epistemology&logic?(politics is already separate) What are your ideas?
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Rafajafar » Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:42 am

I dont think we need more forums. The ones we have are sufficient, yes?

We're not overloaded by posts enough to warrant more forums.
"Hell is other people." -JPS

People whose posts I block:

• Flannel Jesus

If these people are participating in a conversation, I cannot read what they say. This may cause disruption in flow, but unfortunately their poor behavior requires it.
Rafajafar
Objectively Subjective

Postby LoBo » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:54 pm

Rafajafar wrote:I dont think we need more forums. The ones we have are sufficient, yes?

We're not overloaded by posts enough to warrant more forums.

i agree and as perviously stated im the boss beyoch
LoBo

Postby Logo » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:29 am

Yeah...I posted that a really long time ago. I've since realized that people here really don't give a rat's ass about labels. I mean it's hard enough getting people to observe forum distinctions as it is.
[It would be] an easy mistake to make, to think that one loved one's country less because it happened to be in the wrong.
-Michael Frayn
Logo
Thinker

Glazer & the Buccaneers

Postby Bugi » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:36 am

Thanks! The mails were from people on my http://getutilities.topcities.com/ allow list...
Bugi

Richest Franchise in Sport

Postby Lada » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:44 am

what kind of sport is this? i ve never heard about it and never seen it...
I like - football, tennis, http://www.development.h12.ru/ figure skating, extreme sports
Dislike - hockey, basketball, car racing, box and all the rest
Lada

Return to Meta