Invalid Sessions

A forum about the forums

Moderator: Carleas

Invalid Sessions

Postby TheHairyGuy » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:53 pm

More often thatn not, when I try to post something a message comes up saying "Invalid Session" and the post doesn't get through. What makes it invalid?
"The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." - Henri Bergson
TheHairyGuy

Postby Skeptic » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:30 am

This problem is on your end, either with cookies or compatibility of your web browser. It also could be that you could have taken too long to hit the submit button on your post, then the system logged you out, and could not recognise you when you hit the submit button. Obviously you posted this so I am guessing that it is probably not cookie settings or compatibility issues. Does it only occur during long sessions of being idle?

Good luck. . .
Last night as I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky, I thought to myself,
"Where the heck is the ceiling?!"

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
Skeptic
(Jason Hill)

Postby Kajun » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:20 pm

Kajun
Political and philosophical discussion @ ixyl.co.uk
Kajun

Postby TheHairyGuy » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:01 pm

no
"The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." - Henri Bergson
TheHairyGuy

Postby Pax Vitae » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:50 pm

Are you still getting this problem a lot? It does happen once or twice to eveybody, but not every often.
Pax Vitae
(Jonathan Wilson)

Postby Metavoid » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:36 pm

I get a "this document contains no data" on all my long posts, which is rather annoying. Is there anything that can be done?
"I don't necessarily agree with everything I think."
Metavoid
Thinker

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:46 am

--- I quit using AOL and started using explorer and the invalid sessions magically went away. :lol:
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby BluTGI » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:16 pm

Im thinking mine could be wireless internet. But I get them frequently. Especially if i hit submit and go look at something else.
BluTGI
Thinker

Postby Smooth » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:55 pm

Last Tuesday I must have written my longest post to date, but it didn't went through. I am now going to start writing my 'longer' posts in MS word, just so I wouldn't be so upset at life because my post didn't go through. It also gives me that spellcheck that I need so much.
Smooth
Philosopher

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:05 am

I mean't to tell you Smooth, that you can also copy it to the clipboard before you post. It's saved my butt a time or two, but word will put it indelibly on the hard drive.
"..All life is the struggle, the effort to be itself. The difficulties I meet with in order to realise my existence are precisely what awaken and mobilise my activities, my capacities.."GASSET"..For enjoyment and innocence are the most modest things: neither want to be looked for. One should have them-but one should look rather for guilt and pain!.."NIETZSCHE"..The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.." CAMUS
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Smooth » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:59 am

clipboard?
Smooth
Philosopher

Postby Matthew E. » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:07 am

Before you submit your post, highlight the entire thing and hit contol+c. If it doesn't go through, start a new reply, and hit control+p. Voila! The invalid session monster will never get the better of you again. :)
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime."
- de Balzac

"Give a woman an inch and she thinks she's a ruler."
-Anonymous

"Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small, it enkindles the great."

- Comte DeBussy-Rabutin

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill
Matthew E.
Thinker

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:08 pm

Thats exactly it. (highlight and ctrl-c) It's saved my long-posting arse in the chamber many a day....
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Postby Smooth » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:11 pm

I just need to know. Arse is British for ass, correct?

also, even though I haven't posted in a few days, the invalid session monster hasn't reached me. That ctrl-c works. I take college courses online, and it is the same as posting here at ILP. When my internet decides to act like a wimp, I could lose lots of material.
Smooth
Philosopher

Postby Marshall McDaniel » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:17 am

Yep, i think that about sums up arse.
Marshall McDaniel
Philosopher

Return to Meta