Printing an argument

Is there a simple way to print some of these arguments with out waisting pages and pages of nothingness. I mean can i get text only, minus the blue back ground etc etc

Thanks

Maybe a Printer friendly version!??!???!??!

INoNothing,

There is not feature within the board software which allows you to get a print friendly version of the threads. I’m sure it’s possible to write some sort of script which parses an entire page and outputs a printer friendly version. Feel free to have a go at that.

You could always copy/paste the thread into word and print it like that. Alternatively you can print the threads landscape so that they fit on the page, that’s what i do.

Hope this helps

• ben

I know what you mean INoNothing, I’ve been thinking the same thing. But I’ve been too busy to get around to it. I have an Uncle who is big into Philosophy who I chat with a lot, though he’s not yet comfortable using the Internet I would like to print off some of the topics on this board so he could have a read and we could have some interesting discussion about it.

After I finished getting the Philosophy Book section code together I’ll give this a serious look. It might be a case of using a different theme when viewing the topics to the currently default or the Dusty Green one.

phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=141443

Thanks Rafajafar I downloaded that this morning. I hope to have it in soon, all depend on how busy my weekend is.,

Ben,

I see that you are here now and would like to ask you a question. Is it possible for you to delete my “portable de’trop” in the essays thread if and when I add or edit and repost under the name “Nanook?”

Eventually I will do this, and I would need you to delete it as I can’t touch it being “Nanook.”

Cool?

I’ll let you know when the time comes.

Thanks.

Simply “highlight” the text you want to print, click on FILE, click on PRINT, and you should be able to click the “Print selection” option-button somewhere in the “Print” dialogue-box. Then click OK like you normaly would do, and it should just print the text you highlighted.

Sorry if this was confussing(sp?).:wink:

Thats to much work BMW, i want to just click print and for it to print!!! not highlight, jesus christ!!!

:wink:

sheesh! how lazy can be? :confused: :wink: