A map of ILP members

What do people think of frappr.com/ ?

Could it work for ILP?

I like it. If some people are on the run and don’t want to be located – I’m thinking Detrop here – they can give the map a miss.

Can we choose where we want to live or is it IP related?

I am not on the run. There hasn’t been a warrant out for my arrest in over fifteen minutes…[cough]…eh, I mean ten years.

km,

I assume people can choose where they want to live but that would defeat the point no? As well as being a ‘quaint’ bit of info to have it would also enable ILPers to get together with other ILPers if they knew they lived in the same area.

Only joking, Ben. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it’s definitely worth a try. If it were my site, I do anything I could to add a little uniqueness (without sacrificing the philosophical core, of course.)

If it doesn’t work? Dump it; no great loss. It will add more to your bandwidth however :unamused:

That’s pretty cool

that’s really cool. YAH open source (google maps in this case.)

Does it run off of your server, or does the script just place the dots on the map from googles server?

It depends on like what KM said how much bandwidth you can spare, and how much it’ll use.

edit:
it looks like it’s running completely on their server. Create a group and post that you’ve done so I’ll post my location up.

example:

frappr.com/transhumanists

Methinks the more mysterious atmosphere on the forum, the better.

Why not create a map of opinions and ideas ?

cause we’re already doing that right now…?

OK it is done, feel free to sign up and show us where you are:

[size=200]http://www.frappr.com/ilovephilosophy[/size]