Suggestion to improve ILP site....

ILP would be way better if the homepage, you know, the navy blue page with the photos of the philosophers, wasn’t so dreary. I think that page should be white and cotton candy pink with a really cool rembrandt painting on it, yeah that would be awethum!!!

I think it would also be better if you didnt clutter the mundan babble section with posts that belong in the suggestion section, dont you?

Something like this perhaps…?

Excellent, Tab. You’ve outdone yourself…

great… where are we going to find someone to moderate “fluffy bunnies”?

deleting and moving threads is one thing, but cleaning rabbit cages sucks…

(not to mention the population explosion)…

-Imp

Philo Girl (aka Valley Girl)
So like I’m sitting in the mall and like my friend Philo Girl says to me: "Hey, Tiff, have you seen this really bitchen ILP philosophy site? Oh my gawd, it’s like so bitchen but the front page is grody to the max.” Helloooo, who does she think she’s talking to – Miss Uninformed? Fer sure, fer sure I’ve seen it. It was like freaking me out and it’s not like I wasn’t an ILP member before her or anything but probably because she was too busy checking out my dweeb brother to remember…. like, barf me out… with his braces? Like gag me with a spoon. No way. Doesn’t see remember that I got my poster of the Nietzsche for my bedroom wall right after checking out ILP? Like Nietzche is just soooo blitzen, I mean what a stud pup.What were we talking about? Oh yeh, white with cotton candy front page, sounds totally bitchen….

I hate to sound offensive, but my sentiments are the same… :?

If ILP should do anything, it should be something of a little greater importance.

Besides, I believe that it was Pax Vitae who coded the ILP homepage. By leaving it the way it is, ILP is “honoring” him in silent tribute. :slight_smile:

The problem isn’t acquiring new readers and posters, there are apparently plenty of people who read ILP on a more or less daily basis but never post. So if any of you are reading this, hello, and feel free to tell a staff member (privately or otherwise) why it is that you don’t feel that you can post…

As my sig says, I have been a member of ILP for a long time. When I forgot my password to my old account I had to setup a new one. When I first posted on the new account I got criticised for incorrect spelling and grammer a lot. Dont we have an introduction section? If we do its obviously not used much.

How long you have been here, in my most humble opinion, means relatively nothing. It is more important what you contribute to the forums.

Usually, experience comes with age, as does loyality.

“Ask not what ILP can do for you; rather, ask what you can do for ILP”

But yaaa, we know you are not an ILPite, anyhow… :slight_smile:

That is smmmmmooth!

yeah but look at his avatar… he’s gotta be like 90!

I still remember the time I got it stuck in my mind that a certain member over at PhilosophyForums.com was and old man. He was using a white-haired Albert Eienstein as his avatar. Turns out, he was 18.

So, if angst-ridden is 90, then so is Obw! :smiley:

And Tabula Rosa, that has got to be THE most hilarious thing I’ve seen on ILP in months. Nice work. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: [/u][/i]

Yeah, that Tabula Rosa rocks.

Who is he/she anyway…?

Aha - final proof that as I have long suspected, Km2_33, is a teenage Britteny clone mall-ite. Bitchin’. :wink:

I sometimes feel 90. My girlfriend says I sometimes feel 90 too…

You’re the blank slate, he/she is the blank rose…or blank pink…can a rose or colour be blank? Maybe the singer Pink…

I’ve spoken like a valley-girl or cali-girl at parties sometimes just to see how strangers would react to me(and to amuse my friends). It attracts men like flies to honey, oddly enough. Brooklyn and Cockney accents not so much.

Really cool Tab, I actually think that would make a great opening page!

I’ll bring it up to staff if we shouldn’t perhaps have a sister site for the 12 and younger set. you’re never to young to do philosophy, and we ought to have a site reserved just for them.

Tab, you’ve caught the spirit of the idea - admirably. :stuck_out_tongue:

JT

Im not 90, neither is the man in the picture. Hes Larry David, comic genius… creator of Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. He must be in his 50’s. The character he plays in CYE is supposed to be himself but in the very few interviews hes done, most recently with Ricky Gervais, he admited that he wasnt realy like that but the Larry David on CYE is who he wishes to be. He said hes more like George Costanza (aka George cant-stand-ya).
Anyway, the point is, tabula rasa is not a feather, SIATD is not a man beating the crap out of someone, Old_Gobbo is not a monkey and I am not Larry David.