Folders!

Being a philosophy web-site, this forum really needs folders. We need a way to organise ideas within a topic. This would really make it easier to get back to the point of a topic after meandering. For example, in a discussion about reality the main topic discussed for awhile, but quick branches off into a debate between faust and gib on gib’s subjectivist view of reality. Here, the rest of us who don’t care about their squabbling could keep on talking about reality while they continue to argue. I think there has to be a system of branching, somehow. You can do something faster and more efficiently if you cut into little pieces, right? Reality could be cut into a number of different questions that eventually would be decided individually, making everybody happier.

Sounds out of reach for phpBB, unless I’m mistaken.

Kind of. What is phpBB written in? Could I write something in C++ to replace it and become a millionare surrounded by beautiful women and busts of hegel?

Hi thezeus18,

Thanks for your suggestion, at present phpbb doesn’t have the capability for subfolders but in the latest release (Olympus phpbb) there will be a whole range of new features of which one will be subfolders. The release date of Olympus is not known but I hope to move ILP over to it at an appropriate time after its release.

Thanks again,

Ben