A new philosophy forum II

Where the members must achieved 1000 posts, or ILP legends are allowed to enter. Whereas, the forum can be read by others, but are not allow to post, until they reach that qualification.

How 'bout 5 posts that are really profound.

Or 1 post that changes a life.

Or 5 posts that have never offended anyone.

Or 25 posts that you are completely unique.

Or 2 posts that teach someone something they didn’t know.

Or 6 posts that make someone feel better about their lives.

Or 4 posts that encourage someone when they are down.

How about a sig that features scantily-clad young women?

Hi Dan,

What would be the purpose of this forum? There is no evidence to suggest that posting more makes you any better at philosophy or makes any difference at all in your posting capability. It would only encourage people to increase their post count by posting messages of poor quality. Again, what would be the purpose of this forum?

Thanks

I love bessy, bessy is my goddess.
Whatever pleases bessey, is justice.
Even though her judgments maybe injustice.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Ohh, I like that one. Lets go with that.

This is the first time I ever heard Ben speak. :astonished:
God is speaking to me.

The purpose of this forum, thats a toughie!

What was the purpose of the original forum? What will be the difference?

New members will allow to ask the same past questions, while the new forum will not. This will be like a home. And the other the guest room.

But don’t ask me to be the staff. I’m just a thinker.

dan,

I’m afraid that your idea for a new forum is simply not coherent enough for us to consider. I don’t think there is any danger of you being asked to be staff.

Ben

If I may play devils advocate for a moment, the single legitimage purpose of such a ‘back room’ would be the freedom from spammers. There seems to be a spate of new additions lately; many seem to register for the sole purpose of saying something offensive. Could the bulk of these be current members wishing to vent without leaving any tracks? Perhaps. But no matter, the end results would be the same.

Certainly post count is no measure of wisdom. You could have 5,000 posts but 4500 could be inane crap from a retarded ‘word association’ thread. [Hmmm…an interesting idea- any post of under 10 words doesn’t trip the post odometer! :evilfun: ].

Yet, we accord a certain amount of respect and priveledge to senior citizens, for nothing save managing to avoid death for six or seven decades. Hell, they even get 15% off at Denny’s! :astonished: So what’s any different about a club house for those who manage to hang around long enough to accumalate a thousand posts or so without getting banned?

Lastly, you underestimate Dan90210. He’s a kind of lunatic, but I think a savante. :slight_smile:

What is the difference between a Janitor and an archangel?
What is the dfference between God and Adam?

Thats what all my teachers and friends said. Since this is not school nor am I writing an essay, I don’t think I need to be coherent. IF by natural if I was coherent, then I suppose I would be in harmony, if not then I would just produce a junkie essay where no one would like to read.

The way you say this, it sounds very feminie, for the reason only feminie qualities have good judgment, you must have acquire some of the abilities.

:laughing: smiles,
Don

Reeks of elitism.
Which is a good thing.
If we would dare just admit it.
No-one specifies what actual kind of reek elitism produces: I’ll take ‘Hugo Boss’ over the stench of ‘the unwashed armpit of the masses’ any day of the week.

As Phaedrus says: The smell of a free-for-all is Spamâ„¢

I’d stick a little cheerful devil at the bottom of the post, to make it more socially acceptable, but I can’t be bothered with that anymore.

Tab, all I can say is that the truly elite don’t need the T-shirt emblazoned with “Truly Elite”. We know who you elite people are. Even Zarathustra eventually came down off the mountain.

Yes - but Zarathustra, despite his really funky name, talked a complete load of arse. Have you ever tried to read that book…? Ewww. Did he come down from the mountain, or was he pushed… :astonished:

Anyway - Faust - your post is elitist[size=75]*[/size], ie: anti-people-who-desire-an-elite - You’re therefore guilty of a none-all-encompassing POV, because elitists are people too, ergo exclusive, ergo elitist.

You’re doubly guilty. An Elitist elitist.

[size=75]*Or would that be elitistist…?[/size]

Well, you’re elitistissimo-ist for saying so. Maybe we should meet on the “humility” thread. Dude.

I have read Zarathustra. Besides providing some (quite unnecessary) rudimentary formulations of later, more cogent ideas that Nietzsche had, it’s kind of a bore. I wish they’d just make a movie of it.

Now that I think of it, I wonder why someonew doesn’t do a reality series on Nietzsche. “Will to Power: Sandusky, Ohio”.

Sounds like another inane idea for MB. See you there.

That line was worth checking in today.

You see ben, I’m a hit, on your show.