I have a problem.

Hi…

My name is Bettina and I’m an 18 year old female who just joined. However, reading some of the posts I noticed that “fwords” are ok to use here.

I’m not condemning anyone and you can use them if you choose but I want to know if there is someway I can turn them off or keep them from being shown. Although I’m not a prude, I have certain principles that I adhere to.

If it can’t be done, I will leave quietly without any complaints. Please don’t jump on me for this. Its my problem not yours.

Thank you very much

Bettina

I am reminded of a comic strip I hold very dear to my heart.

I give you, opus!

It really depends on what forums you stick to, Bettina. THere’s none where they are prohibited, but if you stay out of the rant house, and to some extend Mundane Babble, you can avoid nasty language for the most part. At the very least in those forums, if you say you don’t appreciate that kind of language when other people are talking to you, most are considerate enough to stop- most are considerate enough not to talk that way in the first place.

Hi Bettina,

As you have surmised, ILP is an open forum and we do our best to keep it that way. We do try to keep the bad language down to a dull roar, but you will encounter it occasionally. As Uccisore pointed out, Rant House and Mundane Babble are given a little more leeway, but the serious threads are more carefully monitored.

If you ask politely for members to cease and desist, most will. Should you encounter a situation where your request is ignored, contact a moderator by PM and let them deal with it.

Welcome to ILP :smiley:

Ok… I’ll give it a try then. I will stay out of the Rant House and Mundane Babble parts of the forum and won’t reply to other posts that use it.

Thanks for the understanding…

Bettina

?

certainly the mods will not expect Mastriani to entertain reserved and civil behavior, that would be egregiously unjust

Our sincerest apologies Bettina, some of ILP, are, well, genuine humans in their momentary flaws.

Other are more like yourself, but appear to manage in spite of some inappropriate appearing behavior.

Then there is the door to darkness, which sustains the ILP flora and fauna against the foul and unclean.

Stray not towards this door, and tary not should you cross the hallway leading to it.

Some doors are not meant to be opened.

If you’re worried about being offended at what you find, I’d probably avoid all the forums here. Aside from the f-word we get an amazing flow of comments between members, sometimes meant as insulting and sometimes not, but very often off-colour. And when people aren’t talking about each other, they’re talking about possibly-offensive-to-the-easily-offended happenings in the world. Why just a few months ago we had a very popular thread about “wank week” in England.

We did?