Complaint

understood.

Another complaint. After being informed of the rule change I post several short questions in the philosophy section only to be met by the rude remarks of one “Comfortably Numb” .

Have the rules regarding the use of Ad Hominem been changed, or will Comfortably Numb be dealt with accordingly?

You’re twisted man!!!

Yes. GCT. You are a twisted man.

You posted dozens and dozens of one-line nonsensical posts screwing up the boards. I answered all of them tellling you how childish you were and now you make a complain about me to the moderators?

You’re an evil two faced snake GCT. FTR, this guy runs done ILP on other forums then comes back here acting like he’s just come from church.

Ban me if you want. I admit did call him childish, immature, having a dummy spit etc on each of his nonsensical posts and I did tell him to fuck off screwing up the boards but… just beware this guy is a two faced snake.

You should already know this from his past dummy spits and drama queen antics.

I think someone needs to get laid. This is the most blatant display of frustration I’ve seen on the internet ever. At least SOME of it has to be sexual.

:laughing: I’m feeling a bit cheeky tonight and would LOOOOVE to say something about what you said but I will bite my tongue… (ouch!!!)

The pity is, GCT can post intelligent and reasonable stuff when he wants to but he has this thing about the good old days of ILP and laments the fact that it has never lived up to his standards ever since.

It gets so boring because it’s not like ILP is the only discussion boards out there but he keeps coming back and… the record starts over…

N.Vazov

Everything i posted was a legitimate question, as compared to those posts linked in my complaint. If some seem nonsensical, well I did invert some of the questions from other posters… but they are different threads and will have contain different discussions.

I submit that you are far more troubled by my posts than anyone else, and the fact that you engaged in insults as prohibited by board rules tells me that whatever it is about my posts that irks you, it has little to do with guidelines.

You have taken this all far too personally. Go outside… get some fresh air.

You are referring to my post at ILO. I believe the rules there allow such posts. That stated, my anger at a particular poster at ILP, as expressed in the ILO post, and my complaint thread (and the response) are two entirely separate issues.

Asking for standards that i fail to live up to makes me a two faced snake? I have never lied or misled anyone at ILP about anything that i am aware of. I think what you mean to say that my failures only make me human, or at least, no different from any other ILP visitor.

So you posted your vitriol out of boredom?

I can say this no clearer than i have said before. I love ILP, but I think there is room for improvement and some more stringent standards should be adopted. So long as those standards are applied fairly, then I would have no problem with what goes on here. If I break a rule, then I should be banned, as should all rule breakers. However, I would find the irony to be quite delicious, to ban the gadfly at a site called ILovePhilosophy.

If you want to solicit me, do so privately. I assure you I will respond.

This will be my last public reply to you, as I cannot explain myself further without repeating myself, and your unhappiness with me is not my fault, rather, you should blame your misplaced hero worship.

Thank you and good day.

Do you support GCT screwing up the boards by posting dozens and dozens of nonsense, one-line posts in the philosophy and social forums? Are you defending that childish behavior? :imp:

N. Vazov

Yes I was pissed off because I wasted my time answering them before seeing dozens and dozens of them and realizing that you only posted to shit the moderators off.

It seems that it’s OK for you to be pissed off about the poor quality of the boards but when I get pissed at someone who is purposely trying to dumb down the boards you act surprised. Ha!!! Good one – not.

Anyway, I’m not going to stick up for the quality of the boards or do the moderators work. I have made my point. If they think dozens of inane posts are fine, so be it.

GCT, I don’t think ILP endorses such experiments as the one you’ve conducted. If I wanted to conduct an experiment to see which letter got the most replies, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, or z, and how the division would be different in the different fora - Philosophy, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Psychology, Religion, Essays and Theses, Mundane Babble, Creative Writing, The Review, Visual Arts, and The Rant House -, I still wouldn’t do it, as I don’t reckon that these 286 posts would be appreciated.

Eh, it was 19 threads. not 'dozens and dozens" and certainly not 286 posts. I think you have gotten the number of posts I made confused with your number of Nietzsche quotes.

Given the private conversation I just had, I feel secure in saying that the people who run the show here understand what I did, why I did it, and that this does not offend or anger them in anyway. Some of them are even… gasp… in agreement with me. But, that stated, it won’t change anything.

But that is ok.

It was just an example. How about 26 posts, then? Is that in the league of 19?

I must say I am not well-disposed towards Joker’s behaviour. But it does not really irritate me, I just find his posts boring and therefore ignore them. I wouldn’t mind if he got kicked, but at least he is not screaming for attention. You are, albeit it not for attention to yourself so much as for attention to Joker’s behaviour. I would sooner tell you to get a life than him.

You are right.

Sauwelios registered: 08, Sept., 2006

GateControlTheory registered: 24, June, 2004

I definately should get a life.

So how’s that hangover gatecontrol? You must have been hammered last night!!

The problem with becoming a mod is that you will either have to submit or eventually resign. It really is pointless. ILP is run like a club house.

liquidangel,

Yet you still keep coming back. I guess you’re a glutton for punishment.

That’s where you’re mistaken ben.

I don’t care how this site is run, or that the mods aren’t equananimous, or that people are rude to one another, or that people talk about their opinions more than about philosophy, or that people don’t really say anything of much value, or that egos run rampant, or that people get their knickers in a twist about this or that. To me it really makes no difference. I’m not personally involved on any level. I have my reasons for coming back, but what happens here is of no consequence to me. To suggest that I’m a glutton for punishment has you put it is nothing more than you trying to attribute your projections onto me.

I only make mention of this point to express that it doesn’t really matter what any one poster’s ideal is. If a poster has an ideal for this site, it will be different from the next poster’s ideal and again different from the next poster even the mods differ in their approach and opinion. Each individual is incomparably unique and thus a democratic ruling as to what should be done here will never be reached. Meanwhile it will continue to be run the way that it is run, nothing can be done about it. Replacing a system with another system solves nothing if posters do not take responsibility to post something of value, nothing can be done. A change of heart in the individual doesn’t come about because the governing body changes strategies, a change of strategy can certainly only be implemented because of a change of heart in the individual. So while each individual runs rampant to have their say, to insult one another, to claim absolute knowledge, to shout and not listen, how can this site be anything more than it is? A reflection of the world at large. In all the time that I’ve been coming here, nothing has changed ben. So why all the fuss? GTC must certainly realise that the interest of the governing body here is personal.

I would hope that you would not take this post as a personal afront ben, this is simply what I have come to understand and believe, that nothing can be done about it. Thus my comment that anyone with an ideal of how ILP should be run with any aspirations, would come up short in the end. They would be forced to either conform to the clubhouse style or resign.

Of course that is simply my opinion. But it is an educated one you’ll agree.

A

Almost missed this one.

Having had a bit of ‘experience’ as both member and staff on a few discussion boards, I’m still waiting for the perfect answer - from management or members. Discussion boards are what they are.

LA, you say that the mods aren’t equanaminous, that people are rude, talk about their opinions instead of philosophy (as if there were a difference), that people don’t say much of value, egos run rampant… and so on. Each and every tic is a value judgement on your part. And you tell Ben he is projecting? Really!

Look at any of the spinoff sites you wish and tell me that each and every item you have mentioned isn’t in play. Nonsensensical babble, unchecked egos, name-calling, and all the rest. Like ILP, the occasional gem does occur. Chance score guarantees that once in awhile, but the sites are ALL little clubhouses and the ‘management’ of any of them is personal.

All reasons for being here or anywhere else is personal. There is no external viewpoint. You’re in the soup or you’re not.