Don't feed a troll

He was supposed to be some kind of Big Man, I don’t get it.

people like my thread where everyone can casually chat a bit and its been popular because of that.

iambig things its harmful to the site.

no one likes his bullshit which i believe actually repels people who have to deal with him going in his autistic loop all the time and trying to make every thread about his confusion.

no person seeking to have an earnest discussion of philosophy would listen to that shit for more than a day as evidenced by his threads. his ego requires him to ignore that reality and find someone else to blame and i guess he has chosen me.

iambiguous, you fundamentally misunderstand the nature of distinctions in and of themselves and you may well lack the aptitude to ever get it. your schema where you assert that there is a philosophical problem underlying nearly all decisions actually does not assert a problem at all. it just shows that you misunderstand the nature of decisions. your smugness and use of silly disclaimers to place yourself above others is absurd, comes off as a weak coping mechanism for your insecurity about what you must know is the real issue because you arent actually that dumb. you have to face reality man you have not come up with a novel contribution to philosophy and no matter how many convos you hijack here it just isn’t fucking happening. now go ahead and call me names, talk about skyhooks, shift your goalposts, ignore your own fallacies, misunderstand the nature of distinctions in and of themselves, misunderstand the nature of decisions in and of themselves, type out your yak yak yak bit, call everyone kids and stay stuck in your autistic loop because lets be real…we all know that that is all that you are capable of doing.

:banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance: :angry-screaming: :scared-shocked: :banana-dance:

Explain this to him, Pedro. :sunglasses:

Ok but you promise you won’t cry?

There are already torrents forming rivers of tears, what can things get more obvious.

Hmm… I’m starting to suspect something…

True, I would prefer a philosophy site more along the lines of The Philosophy Forum and Philosophy Now. Or even Know Thyself. But I would never argue that your thread is actually harmful.

On the contrary, it is only when the yak yak yak social media mentality that prevails there pops up on the philosophy, religion and government boards, that I take issue with it.

On the contrary, my philosophy threads are frequented by many. Though I created them as much for my private exchanges with those who are not even members of ILP.

I doubt that even you believe this. Though, if you actually do, I would advise you to take Curly’s advice and not feed the “troll”. Neither one of us is likely to lose much sleep in that event.

Here, as with KT and others, I can only ask you to take these accusations to the philosophy board. There, in regard to a particular set of circumstances involving conflicting goods at the existential juncture of identity, value judgments and political economy, we can compare and contrast the components of our respective philosophies.

As the exchange unfolds you can note particular instances of my failings.

Just say the word and I will create the thread. Or create it yourself.

omg ur doing it again stop asking me to come to your safe space with u weirdo

=D>

I mean anybody can do it, I don’t know where this alleged philosophical acumen comes in.

You know,

After re-reading this thread. I think Karpel is a bit of a snob.

He’s ‘saving’ ILP from ‘dead end conversations’.

You know what always strikes me funny about moral nihilists? They all think there is good/bad, right/wrong.

Hahahahahahahaha, nailed it, Ec.

I thought you did at one point, I didn’t think Texas would really be your scene anyways.

I find those sites rather dull, ergo boring. Sorry Satyr. :smiley:

There’s no innovation going on, in those joints.

I suppose an implicit assumption of mine in this thread is that some people, though likely not all of them, are not really getting much out of their interactions (with people they consider trolls). Getting much on their own terms. But maybe they are. Maybe it’s just pleasant to come and release some bile or feel unheard and disrespected in a long exchange or…(let me know what your motivations or positive side effects are). There’s also the discussions with people who you consider morons or insane. How do these discussions work for you given whatever your preferences are?

I believe Magsj was the only person who went into any mixed feelings at all about interacting with someone she considers…actually I can’t remember if it was troll or stalking or…what. But the impression was not that she expected to have some kind of interesting dialogue with this person.

Everyone else: are you ending up with experiences you want to have when you engage in insult matches or are repeatedly not engaged with by people you consider trolls or point out obvious flaws in their arguments but this never gets acknowledged? Is this this actually what you want and how so?

Is there anything addictive about these types of interactions?
Is there a tiny hope that around the next corner they will admit something or get sad and go away or…(what?)?
Would it bother you to simply leave a troll with the last word?
How does this all fit in with your interests and preferences?

For me the appeal had some hallucinated aspects. The around the corner this person will stop acting troll-like. Or that person will actually engage with what I write. Or being bothered about how they might interpret not responding to their last trolling post, etc. It wasn’t simple. I did get things out of interactions with people I now consider trolls. IOW I got things that I consider of value to me. But there were also other motivations that I don’t respect so much. And most of them hinged me to the troll. Of course a troll or systematically disrespectful poster can change or notice a pattern in themselves or finally realize that criticism has merit. But generally speaking these patterns last a long time. So, in terms of getting what I want, it was a waste of time. There are others where more can be learned.

And I suppose, GIVEN what people were actually saying to each other, over and over, it seemed possible that people were hinging themselves to discussions that, in the end, don’t really fit their own values. But, hey, that’s an assumption.

Perhaps this is actually working for most of you: to repeatedly post someone else is a moron or traitor or whatever [the list is rather long of labels, generally hurled as permanent labels (meaning the other person is something period)] over and over, or to try pointing out the same flaws in a position or posting-behavior that not only you but others have pointed out many times before.

What is that you are getting, in terms of your own values and goals?

this is a fundamental misunderstanding of my nature. i am the scene.

Like I said,

Differences of stuff doesn’t mean that opposites attract, it means we are curious about a perceived threat in existence (it’s instinct), so we decide to do that threat assessment work. That’s part of the work we do in life.

If mag really thinks I was either a troll or a stalker, that’s absurd.

She was triggered by my misogyny. She even said as much.

Everything I figured out in life is stuff I not only learned alone, but also learned the hard way.

I’m not very happy about that, as you can guess. My suffering was meaningless bullshit because 10,000 years of human shitheads didn’t figure it out before me and teach it.

So now I sit here, as I always have, and see no hope;

Except one thing: as I grow into my new mind, I see the value of teaching, I see the value of answers instead of problems to win/lose reality (my mirror realities).

So I chug along, in a meaningless life and by sheer force of will, try to make meaning out of it.

Right…

exactly

Plato brought me here, to ILP. I have been visiting ILP to be “wowed” by perspectives/approaches to ideas that I cannot see coming from myself, ever, though I always hope to exit a thread (perhaps only reading and not participating) having learned something that I can, fingers crossed, incorporate into better observations and more succinct thoughts in written form. I also come for the wit, the lightheartedness, to meet interesting personalities, and acquire something profound vis a vis spooky action at a distance. I suck at laying out my position, picking the best words to frame my point/s, and I do get emotionally frustrated by both my shortcomings and those of others particularly when they appear disingenuous by acting purposely retarded. In short, I do not wish to be a troll nor to be trolled but I can get carried away ad homing and generally being abrasive towards the retarded. My apologies to the retards and the retard coddlers.

This thread has been entertaining with much that is both true and ridiculous.