Who is Mo?

Would it violate any of your board rules to confirm the IP address used by me, the registered member Mowk, comes from a unique (Class C?) license that is not being used by any other registered member of ILP, and the IP address from that (Class-C?) license is not affiliated with any other member?

Class-C is a division based on the first three digits in an IP address. If my memory from that far back still serves.
It’s just me here.

Or maybe it is all a dream and I really am asleep and this is just a dream like the one I had last night that I wasn’t able to fall asleep.

Or maybe Carleas can’t, and I am actually some strange conglomeration of individual identities and I just don’t know it yet. Conspiracies abound.

I was a little surprised see a few users posting from the IP used to post the OP in this thread (none of them is “Mo”). I assume that’s just coincidence, wouldn’t be the first time. I can’t see when those other users posted from it, and they’re all storied users so could be yesterday or a decade ago.

I can see about 200 different IP addresses you’ve posted from, which isn’t unusual for a long-time and active user. Most people don’t access the internet from a static IP address, but are assigned one by their ISP dynamically as needed (I think this lets them use fewer IP addresses for more users, but might have other justifications beyond my understanding). To be clear, the other users posting from the same IP aren’t just hitting on any of the ~200, they’ve posted from the same IP that was used for the OP; the way the IP function works in this software, it doesn’t find the whole network of users connected through IPs, it just checks the IP for a particular post. I’m sure someone has figured out how to map the whole network, but I don’t think that would be particularly useful given the frequency of overlaps.

Maybe I didn’t ask the question clearly enough.

I’ve been challenged for posting under multiple user names. “Mo” is short for Mowk.

If I was posting under multiple accounts, yet was using the same internet service provider all those accounts would have traffic coming from the same domain. It would not be likely for multiple ILP users to have the same ISP that I use, so even if the last digit of my IP is dynamic the first three digits are not.

I was asking you to verify that no other ILP members are posting from the domain I am.

I am a single user and I only post under one account. Can you verify that?

Thank you.

My mistake. We used to have a user named Mo, though I think they changed their name.

I cannot conclusively verify that you are not posting from other accounts, no. The other accounts that show up as using the same IP as was used to create the posts in this thread are:
Urwrongx1000
WendyDarling
d63

If you’re being accused of being any of those accounts, then the IP address won’t vindicate you. But I would be surprised to learn that you and any of those accounts are the same person.

And to confirm, according to the board software, which I have no reason to believe to be unreliable, those accounts have posted from the same 12-digit IP address as you are posting from in this thread. But they’ve all been posting for years, and each has thousands of posts, so it’s not unexpected.

My ISP is quite large and they likely are a Massive Area Network, I guess it’s possible they are using the same ISP but from a different region and there is some network address translation taking place at the hub of our connections.

Nope, you didn’t list any other members I’m accused of being so in a way you have verified it. And you listed one member that was having the confusion. Pretty sure they know I’m not them. LOL.

Thank you.