Carleas, please back up the site

The war is now fully on, virtually all Constitutionalist sites are being deleted or else blocked, the bandwidth lowered by a factor 100 or 1000. I notice my access to my own threads here is virtually nonexistent. I have to wait about 15 minutes before a page loads, no matter the device or connection Im on. Im sure the site is at risk. Please make a backup just in case.

Thanks,
FC

I’m experiencing irregularities as well.

When I load “board index”, it’s instantaneous.

When I load a forum, it’s instantaneous.

When I load a thread, it takes a couple minutes.

When I post a message, it takes a couple minutes.

So far, so good, but it’s unsettling.

1. The site is backed up regularly.

2. Most current issues are due to running a big job to purge hundreds of spam accounts. I believe the reason some things load quickly and some don’t is because the server permits a certain number of processes at a time, and most of them are being used to purge the accounts, so new requests have to wait in line until something completes and frees up resources. Commonly used pages like the index are probably cached, but otherwise load times will be pretty random. Grain of salt: I know only a little bit about how this works, but I know it happens every time we purge a big batch of spam accounts.

3. 15 minutes shouldn’t happen, for me it times out after a minute or so and I get a 502 bad gateway error from Cloudflare. If you’re actually getting load times that long, it may be an issue with your ISP or your computer.

You mean the hysterical alarmism is unwarranted? :laughing:

Your rationality is getting in the way of his I-told-you-so-ism, Carleas… :wink:

P.S. you’re doing a great job!

Thanks Sil, even though I don’t believe you.

I cancelled the purging process for now, and site is normal again for me and hopefully for everyone. I’ll start it again tonight just before bed so it will run while most users sleep.

It’s working smoothly again for me.

Thx Carleas

It might be prudent in the future to address the sites administrative requirements before you give the conspiracy prone even the slightest irregularity. I would have been completely surprised if you have not been doing regular backups.

Wars begin as result

Mate, ur the MVP out of all of us - all of this hard work on your part is behind the scenes, and the fact that any anomalous site behaviour is so rare that it can only be attributed to some grandiose national conspiracy is testament to the effectiveness of your work.

I know what it’s like to work at the back end of essential processes, how little glory there is for one’s dedication, and how much contempt there can be from ingrates nonetheless. For you to not believe me is probably what you’re used to - but I assure you that I am 100% authentic in my praise. And if I may add, you’re one of very few with whom I’ve engaged on this site who actually knows how to approach a debate, so I am doubly grateful for your efforts.

Now hopefully you do believe me, though I despise ass-kissers - so let me be absolutely clear: disregard everything I’ve said so far on this thread because it should go without saying.

It’s definitely the communists and I think carleas is a part of it. He’s telling you its routine maintenance, but it isnt.

I just backed up this thread. :slight_smile:

Fixed Cross invented value ontology—all due respect! But then he proved not to be up to it, and plunged into the narcosis of psychosis. SAD!

Thanks for the info and the behind the scenes work, Carleas. You do a good job here, and I think you’ll find there’s little disagreement that you’re a credit to the community.